• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Mega Kangaskhan revealed at World Championships: 202 track X and Y soundtrack also an

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Mega Kangaskhan revealed at World Championships: 202 track X and Y soundtrack als

I wish they officially settled the Kangaskhan's baby as Cubone's pre-evolution. It would be good if Kangaskhan's Mega form had something to do with it.

Re: Mega Kangaskhan revealed at World Championships: 202 track X and Y soundtrack als

I like it! Finally, the baby came out of the pouch!

I wish they officially settled the Kangaskhan's baby as Cubone's pre-evolution. It would be good if Kangaskhan's Mega form had something to do with it.

I'm pretty sure it's officially settled that it's not especially since Kangaskhan's a female-only species and Cubone is 50/50 male/female. I honestly don't understand how that theory survives so long ignoring such an obvious flaw.

I like it! Finally, the baby came out of the pouch!

Does it finally squash the rumors that Cubone is a baby Kangastan?

I'm pretty sure it's officially settled that it's not especially since Kangaskhan's a female-only species and Cubone is 50/50 male/female. I honestly don't understand how that theory survives so long ignoring such an obvious flaw.

Maybe because it's not a flaw, lol. It's not hard to see that a male Kangaskhan would not make any sense, then it proves... nothing. It's rather obvious that a mother could only be a female.

So I stand by what I said. It would be fun if they did it.

It's not really a flaw, Azurill can change its gender upon evolution:

"Azurill is currently the only Pokémon which does not evolve based on gender whose gender ratio does not match that of its evolved forms, being female 75% of the time while Marill and Azumarill are female only 50% of the time. Due to this, female Azurill have a one in three chance of evolving into a male Marill (whether or not this will happen is determined by the hidden personality value). It is unknown if this is an error in programming or if it was intentional to reference real-world animals that change gender under specific conditions." - Bulbapedia

If you wanna prove for yourself, hatch a bunch of Azurill and evolve them.

It's not really a flaw, Azurill can change its gender upon evolution:

"Azurill is currently the only Pokémon which does not evolve based on gender whose gender ratio does not match that of its evolved forms, being female 75% of the time while Marill and Azumarill are female only 50% of the time. Due to this, female Azurill have a one in three chance of evolving into a male Marill (whether or not this will happen is determined by the hidden personality value). It is unknown if this is an error in programming or if it was intentional to reference real-world animals that change gender under specific conditions." - Bulbapedia

If you wanna prove for yourself, hatch a bunch of Azurill and evolve them.

Besides that, people forget that Pokémon is about evolution. For example, you don't see a little Dragonite grow into an adult Dragonite. You start with Dratini.

So one basic point of that theory is that baby Kangaskhan would evolve into an adult Kangaskhan, not just grow, lol. Likewise, the baby could evolve into a Cubone either. It thus becomes clear that it would be perfectly possible that only female babies could evolve into adult Kangaskhans. It wouldn't be the first gender-based evolution. Then female babies would have two branched evolutions, while males could only evolve into Cubones.

Even if we didn't have genders in the first games, it does not mean that was not the intention at all, since many ideas could be limited by technology.

Nowadays Cubone could still be some kind of permanent Mega Evolution for baby Kangaskhan. It would be fun. Unfortunately I don't think they will want to do that, though, since it's way too sinister for a franchise with so many child fans. Even so, there is already a bunch of sinister stories about Pokémon in the game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom