• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Mega Kangaskhan revealed at World Championships: 202 track X and Y soundtrack also an

Status
Not open for further replies.

BulbaBot

Dreams of electric Bulbasaur
Reaction score
Mega Kangaskhan revealed at World Championships: 202 track X and Y soundtrack also announced

A new Mega Evolution, Mega Kangaskhan, has been revealed at the 2013 Pokémon World Championships. As Mega Kangaskhan, the baby emerges from the pouch and participates in battle.

Read more on Bulbanews

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: Mega Kangaskhan revealed at World Championships: 220 track X and Y soundtrack als

115Kangaskhan.png

Mega_Kangaskhan.png
Seems like it's only the baby Kangaskhan that has transformed into a more mature form and not the mother. Their new ability will certainly play an annoying role for Protect users I believe.

Re: Mega Kangaskhan revealed at World Championships: 220 track X and Y soundtrack als

Seems like it's only the baby Kangaskhan that has transformed and not the mother. The ability is certainly play an annoying role for Protect users I believe.

Not really, when you use Protect in a Double Battle you're protected from all attacks.

Like I said in the other thread, I doubt this is necessarily Mega Kangaskhan attacking twice in that if it used Return, it would use Return again. It's obvious the child will be the source of the second move, but I doubt the child knows every move the mother does. What I think is that baby's attack will do ~1/4 to 1/3 of the damage that the Mother's attack did. Essentially a Life Orb boost without the drawback. Perhaps even up to 50% the damage, making it a Choice Band/Specs without the drawback, with the added bonus of it possibly breaking through Substitute while doing damage.

Seems like it's only the baby Kangaskhan that has transformed and not the mother. The ability is certainly play an annoying role for Protect users I believe.

Not really, when you use Protect in a Double Battle you're protected from all attacks.

Yeah, I forgot about that XD

I hope that sound track will be available worldwide, and not just the Japanese iTunes

Like I said in the other thread, I doubt this is necessarily Mega Kangaskhan attacking twice in that if it used Return, it would use Return again. It's obvious the child will be the source of the second move, but I doubt the child knows every move the mother does. What I think is that baby's attack will do ~1/4 to 1/3 of the damage that the Mother's attack did. Essentially a Life Orb boost without the drawback. Perhaps even up to 50% the damage, making it a Choice Band/Specs without the drawback, with the added bonus of it possibly breaking through Substitute while doing damage.
Now that we've got the video of the announcement, the secondary attack (which looks like Fire Punch to me) is much smaller, so this seems to be the case.

I hope that sound track will be available worldwide, and not just the Japanese iTunes

Yep, it will. I'll clarify the article.

I like the idea of Mega Kangaskhan. I've always thought it would be a neat idea if the baby were to come out of it's mother's pouch and be involved with. I was hoping it would be a pre-evo, but no matter how it was done, I would of been fine with it. We still could get a pre-evo of Kangaskahn. Sure it's Mega version isn't much more different, but alot of the Megas were really overly design that it's neat to see a simpler one. I don't think a Pokemon getting a Mega form, doesn't completely eliminate the chances of it getting a pre-evo or regular evolution cause it's a temporary evolution anyway. Plus from what I'm hearing from the official site, they're "a transformation found only in the Kalos region" so it could mean they're only a thing in X and Y and once Gen VI is over we won't have to deal with them anymore.

I'm very excited for the soundtrack though! I know they've released soundtracks for Black and White and previous games, but they were Japan exclusive so the soundtrack being available in the US and all over the world makes em really happy. I really wish it's available physical CD, but iTunes download is suffice enough. Just will have to deal with it.

They showed it at the correct area. Where competitive players will crap themselves on how they will utilize a pokemon that can ATTACK TWICE IN ONE TURN!

New. Favorite. Mega. Pokemon.

In my book, this beats a pre-evolution.

This has to be the most hilarious 'Mega forme' I have seen so far. Baby pops out of its pouch, and now suddenly the mother is a Mega forme duking it out with her child fighting alongside her. I mean, just wow... Wow.

I don't know whether I should laugh or clap my hands. Congratulations, Game Freak.

Now we just have to wait for Mega Dunsparce!!!

Now that we've got the video of the announcement, the secondary attack (which looks like Fire Punch to me) is much smaller, so this seems to be the case.

I'd like to see another move or Fire Punch from the front view so that we know for sure its a Baby Fire Punch and not a generic no-name attack that will always do a certain percentage of it's parent's damage. I actually think 50% increase would be good if the Kangaskhan doesn't gain any additional stat increases since the mother doesn't seem to have changed, but the child. Sure, it's a baby being half as powerful as it's adult counter part, but it's not just a baby...its a Mega baby.

I'm sure someone out there would share the soundtrack online anyway. And it is about time we have a release date for the soundtrack. The trailers have been teasing me with the music for quite some time now.

Wow. I like this. It opens the possibilities of what a Mega Evolution can be and how it can look.

Yay!!! I think it's pretty cool. Also I have a Kangashkan anyways so I will get a mega stone for it!

Re: Mega Kangaskhan revealed at World Championships: 202 track X and Y soundtrack als

Now this is one Mega Evolution I'm actually quite pleased with. :)

It makes sense that the baby won't have as much power as the mother, it is a baby after all, otherwise it will be completely broken.

A worldwide release for the X/Y soundtrack is a very welcome thing.

202 tracks is very generous, even by GF's standards. In the past its usually been approximately 180 tracks, apart from HG/SS which had 270 due to the GB sounds being included as well.

(Not that GF have ever not been generous, but it's a 30 or so increase, which is rather large.)

Re: Mega Kangaskhan revealed at World Championships: 202 track X and Y soundtrack als

It's hard to tell with the glare, but it looks like the 'khans do a cool little pose after the transformation.

Kawaii!

Also, I think it'd be neat it we get a new Pokemon with Parental Bond, like one of those frogs that carry their babies on their back as eggs, one idea for instance.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom