• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Mega Sableye announced: Trailer shows footage of new Mega Evolution for Omega Ruby an

Status
Not open for further replies.

BulbaBot

Dreams of electric Bulbasaur
Reaction score
Mega Sableye announced: Trailer shows footage of new Mega Evolution for Omega Ruby and Alpha ...

As part of Nintendo's ongoing E3 announcements, another new Mega Evolution has been revealed: Mega Sableye. Footage of the Pokémon has been uploaded to the official Pokémon Youtube channel.

Read more on Bulbanews

Re: Mega Sableye announced: Trailer shows footage of new Mega Evolution for Omega Rub

From what I've heard, the description of the large gem Mega Sableye is holding seems to indicate a more defensive mega. This would have been too OP if something like this were available back in Gen V, but I'm sure that the Fairy-type Pokémon will keep it in check.

Re: Mega Sableye announced: Trailer shows footage of new Mega Evolution for Omega Rub

Also, it kind of reflects how Mawile got a very offensive Mega.

It would make a lot of sense for Sableye to get a Mega since it's the alternate counterpart to Mawile, which already has a Mega. This does make me wonder what other new Megas OR/AS will revealed, one I do hope for is Mega Gallade, since if Gardevoir gets one, Gallade should too.

I don't like Sableye, but I do want to futz with its Mega Evolution.

It would make a lot of sense for Sableye to get a Mega since it's the alternate counterpart to Mawile, which already has a Mega. This does make me wonder what other new Megas OR/AS will revealed, one I do hope for is Mega Gallade, since if Gardevoir gets one, Gallade should too.

Mega Gallade FTW! The gallant gladiator will finally have its day in the limelight!

Mega Sableye looks naff.

It's an ordinary Sableye who has got hayfever hence sore eyes and stolen one of Zeldas rupees.

WHAT!!

My least favorite pokemon get a MEGA! And Sableye already competitive enough on non-Mega form... T.T
Well, I think I need to concede and give my Sableye a chance to perform.

I wonder how they're going to make 480 BST any good. A new ability that incorporates Prankster and another effect? Its gem certainly implies defense, but there's only so much you can do with a set base 50 HP and 100 point increase. Losing priority basically means Sableye loses the only thing its used for.

Willing to bet that the gem's colour also differs based on version.

T3qFg1J_zpsa8db56e0.gif~original

My least favorite pokemon
why

STOLED!!
My least favorite pokemon
why

Cause its design almost as creepy as the Pink Gold Peach and it scared me at first it get released. AND after I scared too much to get one. I GET THE MORE CREEPIER SHINY FORM OF IT. First shiny I ecountered wildly on Emerald and forced to keep it cause it's SHINY!

And after I try to battle people I keep lose cause they have Sableye in their team. And I HATE LOSING!!

Pretty much, I hate Sableye! But once again I need to forced myself to keep one cause now It is become extra strong with the Mega Form!

I wonder how they're going to make 480 BST any good. A new ability that incorporates Prankster and another effect? Its gem certainly implies defense, but there's only so much you can do with a set base 50 HP and 100 point increase. Losing priority basically means Sableye loses the only thing its used for.

Willing to bet that the gem's colour also differs based on version.
Even getting just 60 total in defenses would be huge. Maxed out base 95 Sp. defense is about 25% more than maxed out base 65. 105 is a 35% difference. Those percentages mean a lot to a Pokemon like Sableye. Also, thanks to priority Recover, loss of Leftovers healing is hardly a big deal. I've had experiences stalling easily enough with a burned or (regular) poisoned Sableye.

Assuming it gets stat boosts in the right places (the gem suggests that it will get significant defensive boosts), and keeps Prankster, I can easily see Sableye climbing to the top of OU. Or close to it.

Even getting just 60 total in defenses would be huge. Maxed out base 95 Sp. defense is about 25% more than maxed out base 65. 105 is a 35% difference. Those percentages mean a lot to a Pokemon like Sableye. Also, thanks to priority Recover, loss of Leftovers healing is hardly a big deal. I've had experiences stalling easily enough with a burned or (regular) poisoned Sableye.

Assuming it gets stat boosts in the right places (the gem suggests that it will get significant defensive boosts), and keeps Prankster, I can easily see Sableye climbing to the top of OU. Or close to it.

But wouldn't an evolution have actually been better for it? It would have gotten Eviolite usage.

----

Sableye is a Dark- and Ghost-type Pokémon. Mega Sableye has concentrated all of the energy from Mega Evolution into the jewel which adorns its chest. Once Sableye has Mega-Evolved, this jewel will swell and become detached from its body. Mega Sableye uses the jewel as a powerful defensive tool in battle. From behind the shelter of the jewel, it can readily exploit the opponent’s weaknesses and take advantage of any openings. It is said that the jewel hardens into such strength that no attack can even make a scratch!
The description makes me think that there isn't only a boost in defense, but an ability to land critical hits.

But wouldn't an evolution have actually been better for it? It would have gotten Eviolite usage.

Yup. But I passionately don't want a Sableye evo. I can't bring myself to fully appreciate pre-evolutions, so yeah. Thankfully there's about a .0001% chance of it ever getting an actual evolution now.

Sableye is a Dark- and Ghost-type Pokémon. Mega Sableye has concentrated all of the energy from Mega Evolution into the jewel which adorns its chest. Once Sableye has Mega-Evolved, this jewel will swell and become detached from its body. Mega Sableye uses the jewel as a powerful defensive tool in battle. From behind the shelter of the jewel, it can readily exploit the opponent’s weaknesses and take advantage of any openings. It is said that the jewel hardens into such strength that no attack can even make a scratch!
The description makes me think that there isn't only a boost in defense, but an ability to land critical hits.
Reading into it too much. Game Freak never sticks to flavor text that precisely, especially when it would involve creating a very abstract new ability. If anyfin, "Mega Sableye uses the jewel as a powerful defensive tool in battle" implies some sort of new defensive ability, could function similar to Fur Coat, not that I'm sure. But I'm hoping that it only means defensive stat boosts, because Prankster is ridiculously fun.

I am pretty glad both Mawile and Sableye didn't get evolutions, but only megas instead.

I really love the concept of Sableye shielding itself behind the gem, it is amazing. The red eyes give it a very eerie feeling, which all Ghost Pokémon should have.

Reading into it too much. Game Freak never sticks to flavor text that precisely, especially when it would involve creating a very abstract new ability. If anyfin, "Mega Sableye uses the jewel as a powerful defensive tool in battle" implies some sort of new defensive ability, could function similar to Fur Coat, not that I'm sure. But I'm hoping that it only means defensive stat boosts, because Prankster is ridiculously fun.
It seems more like you're picking and choosing what you want from that statement. We don't know anything yet, so for all we know, that last part may be a more valid indicator of its new abilities as a Mega Pokemon, especially given Sableye's sneaky nature.

Inb4 Steven fanboying over Mega Sableye('s gem shield)

I'm glad Sableye got a Mega Evolution. I always thought that he and Mawile were counterparts in a way, but I always felt Mawile got more attention and when she got a Mega Evolution, I thought that was really unfair to the little gem-loving bugger. Granted, his Mega Evolution was not what I was expecting, but at this moment I'll grow to like it.

Mega Sableye announced!

Sableye is getting a Mega Evolution is good and all but it would have been way better that it could evolve and became a new Pokémon.

Somehow GameFreak is forgetting about evolutions and giving Pokémon that could previously not evolve (like Sableye and Mawile) Mega Evolutions. But still it's great that an awesome Pokémon like Sableye can finally transform.

Inb4 Steven fanboying over Mega Sableye('s gem shield)

That's the best early headcanon for the new games.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom