• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Contest Mega: Venusaur vs Charizard vs Blastoise

Dr. Buni

Take me away from here...
Reaction score
d4W7G8u.png
JgXfCFP.png
UshC6cu.png

Whose design do you prefer?

Who has the best new ability?

Who do you think might be the best battler?

Venusaur, Venusaur, Venusaur.

Though the other two are sure to be formidable as well.

Despite being wary of the whole Mega form concept, Mega Charizard is pretty cool looking.
Wonder how it feels seeing it's hands shrink like that? XD

Like with Absol and Lucario, my opinion of their mega forms highly reflects my opinion of their base forms: I like Mega Charizard's aesthetic the best because I like regular Charizard's aesthetic the best.

Mega Venusaur's Thick Fat ability is useful, removes half of its weaknesses. Charizard's ability is definitely useful - sunny weather eliminates that pesky Water vulnerability plus rapidfire Solarbeams to counter those pesky Rock types. Still does nothing against Stealth Rock, unfortunately, but at least Stealth Rock was harder to get in Gen 5.

Sadly I will have to vote for Charizard as well. Venusaur and Blastoise's faces look too silly for my tastes.

Also that fake shiny Mega Charizard looks fantastic.

Charizard mega evolution is the coolest but Blastoise close in a close second and i honestly don't like the Venusaur design that much.

Blastoise on all three. He actually made me question Palpitoad as my favorite pokemon(only for a second so do not worry). But Blastoise is awesome.

Definitely going for MegaVenusaur here. I really do not understand the hate that it's getting, but it's really underrated for its ability. You'd be thankful too, elimiating the total number of weaknesses you have to just two, after all. @_@ But I feel that MegaVenu is just different from it's regular form, and shouldn't really be compared that much. MegaVenu is defensive, while Chlorophyll Venusaur is offensive. That's how I see things, anyway.

Drought 'Zard might be useful, but keep in mind that if rocks are up, it's going to be a lot harder for Charizard to win weather wars. Getting a megaevo is certainly useful, but it will still struggle as long as Stealth Rocks exist, unfortunately.

Blastoise...seeing as its ability only raises the power of Pulse moves, it really took slap to the face here. Howver, hope might not be lost for Blastoise because there might be more pulse moves in Gen 6, so we'll see.

I voted Blastoise because I'm really hoping for an ultra-powerful Hydro Cannon!

This is hard. I'm dissapointed with Mega Blastoise in all senses (the design feels like an slightly step backwards, awkwardly holding a large cannon that doesn't seem very mobile while the other two guns looking useless, and not regaining Wartortle's foamy things), but Charizard and Venusaur are both great.

I think I'm going to give Charizard the better design, even. It seems like the most natural yet satisfactory progression. Venusaur admittedly doesn't seem to change as much as it could, but it's still well balanced as also going too far would make it look silly. The body could've changed a bit more, though.
And personally, I preffer Mega Venusaur's design.

For ability... Mega Launcher is simply pretty bad. Just an strong Water Pulse isn't good. Mega Charizard gets Drought, which if we look at abilities by themselves, is easily the best one.

But for battling, Mega Venusaur holding momentum when your Sun gets turned off (specially to counter Rain) seems like a great strategy.

Lead Droughtzard sounds good for Sun teams too. It has trouble restoring the sun due to Stealth Rock, but it still lets you spam powerful attacks right away, which is both what Charizard wants to do and used to need support for.

So I really don't know which of the two I preffer... I'll just go for Venusaur since right now it has less votes.

Blastoise on all three. He actually made me question Palpitoad as my favorite pokemon(only for a second so do not worry). But Blastoise is awesome.

Mega Blastoise or Regular Blastoise, its just an Epic Pokemon all around! So is Palpitoad!

'stoise looks the coolest but I would go for 'zard.

I like all of them, but I'll go with Charizard, as I love both, even if it is pandering.

Please note: The thread is from 3 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom