• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Contest Meganium vs Sceptile

I vote Meganium, but maybe that's because my friend has one and my Grovyle hasn't evolved.

I voted Meganium because she's my one of my favourite starters throughout the generations.
Her healing abilities have saved me multiple times as well.

Hmm,
although Meganium is defence orientated, she can still dish out attacks, with a screen up. Although Sceptile can hit hard as well, so I'm leaning towards Sceptile here.

Sceptile IS more useful, but it comes down to opinion.
I'd take Meganium over Sceptile any day. I like Sceptile, but I rather have Meganium as company.

Also, a lot of people think Meganium is slow. She isn't that slow when she's adamant nature, max Speed, and with a salac berry boost. IIRC, she can even outrun a max Speed Swellow.

Thanks.

I voted Meganium because she's my one of my favourite starters throughout the generations.
Her healing abilities have saved me multiple times as well.

Hmm,
although Meganium is defence orientated, she can still dish out attacks, with a screen up. Although Sceptile can hit hard as well, so I'm leaning towards Sceptile here.

Sceptile IS more useful, but it comes down to opinion.
I'd take Meganium over Sceptile any day. I like Sceptile, but I rather have Meganium as company.

Also, a lot of people think Meganium is slow. She isn't that slow when she's adamant nature, max Speed, and with a salac berry boost. IIRC, she can even outrun a max Speed Swellow.

Thanks.

Actually, the only way Meganium can outspeed Swellow is if she has max Speed (with +Speed Nature) and he had min Speed (with -Speed Nature)

Actually, the only way Meganium can outspeed Swellow is if she has max Speed (with +Speed Nature) and he had min Speed (with -Speed Nature)

If Meganium is way higher in level.

Sceptile is definitely more for combat, But I like Meganium for its ability to bring dead plants back to life.

Poor Meganium. Don't listen to the nasty people, you're still my favourite starter.

Honestly, I don't really care for either. I just hate how they both look. Meganium is just way to damn feminine looking for a Pokemon that has less than a 13% chance of actually being female. Sceptile would have probably been one of my favorite Pokemon design wise if it wasn't for that stupid ass tail of his. Seriously, what the hell is that supposed to look like? A palm tree or something?

Meganium is just way to damn feminine looking for a Pokemon that has less than a 13% chance of actually being female.

I think the low chance of being Female is more an aspect of Meganium being a starter than anything that has to do with its design. Can't have too many bouncing baby Chikorita (since they're supposed to be semi-rare and all) wandering around.

Props for being what I think was an attempt to appeal to the Female audience, at any rate.

Sceptile and the rest of its line just never appealed to me for some reason. Meganium didn't do a whole lot better, but I'll back it as the lesser of two evils.

I like Meganium because it's such a cutie pie...

But Sceptile is much more used competively because it's stat spread is much more even and useful.

Like what some others said b4:
Power>Support

I like Meganium because it's such a cutie pie...

But Sceptile is much more used competively because it's stat spread is much more even and useful.

Like what some others said b4:
Power>Support

Well, it all depends on what your looking for really. If your team already has a sweeper, a support Pokemon may come more handy than another sweeper. Or if your team fears status (paralysis, poison, burn, sleep), then Support>Power in that case too.

Poor Meganium. It's getting it's ass kicked here, and Chikorita is getting its ass kicked in the "Worst Starter" thread. What a shame...

Sceptile would have probably been one of my favorite Pokemon design wise if it wasn't for that stupid ass tail of his. Seriously, what the hell is that supposed to look like? A palm tree or something?
That's what we in the biz call the "Fern Extinguisher"

Sceptile is my favorite of all the Grass-type starters so far, for its speed and offensive power. I especially like seeing it in the anime, where maneuverability is more crucial than in the games.

Please note: The thread is from 12 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom