• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

MegaPod’s Art Thread

Terrarium Chandelure (plus shiny)
Back in April, I designed some custom Pokémon forms for an art contest themed around earth, sea, and sky. Two of my custom forms were among the winners, including the one I'm most proud of, this terrarium-inspired Chandelure!

Terrarium Chandelure.png
Terrarium Chandelure Shiny II.png

When the husks of expired Chandelure are filled with soil and seeds are planted within, it allows the rebirth of Chandelure into this new Ground/Grass-type form. This practice was apparently started by one wise, old sage, who figured that the spirit energy a Chandelure had accumulated in its first life could sustain healthy plant growth for a whole other lifetime. Though not an especially mobile Pokémon, Terrarium Chandelure seem to take great joy in letting small Bug and Grass Pokémon use it as a miniature habitat.

Diving Magnemite, Magneton, Magnezone (plus shinies)
I also entered a marine-themed Magnemite line into the contest. Though they didn't win, I'm still very glad I made them!

Sea Magnemite.png
Sea Magnemite Shiny.png
Due to its ability to function without an air supply and propel itself with magnetism, some scientists have deemed Magnemite a useful Pokémon for assisting in undersea research. Magnemite chosen for this purpose have been outfitted with a special protective casing, which limits their electrical output to prevent them from shorting out while submerged. These Steel/Water-type Magnemite are known as Diving form Magnemite.
Sea Magneton.png
Sea Magneton Shiny Updated.png
Diving Magneton’s strong outer casing protects it from getting damaged by the crushing water pressure of the deep sea trenches it is sent to explore. Though light is incredibly scarce at such depths, Diving Magneton is aptly prepared for this; by sending out high-frequency pulses with its array of magnets, it can easily navigate itself and detect objects by radar alone.
Sea Magnezone.png
Sea Magnezone Shiny.png
Diving Magnezone is considered the ultimate assistant in undersea research. The sensor on its head can capture images underwater, which it then transmits back to human scientists as data using its antenna. With its powerful magnets, Diving Magnezone can pick up metallic rock samples or even pollutive ship debris from the ocean, and bring them back above the surface.

Those last ones make me actually like the Magnemite line!!
I especially love the shiny Magnezone being yellow! :D

Sea Torterra (plus shiny)
This custom Torterra form I made was my other contest winner:

Sea Torterra.png
Sea Torterra Shiny.png

When some of the Torterra population in a particular region moved to the beaches, the trees on their backs did not thrive well. However, after many generations of adapting to their coastal environment, these Torterra became excellent swimmers and divers, allowing seaweeds and corals to flourish on their shells as they spent more time under the water. Torterra's sea variant can still utilize some various Grass moves, but has shifted types to Water/Ground. Much like their land counterparts with small forest Pokémon, these Sea Torterra will allow small marine Pokémon to take shelter in the coral and seaweed that grows atop their backs. While Sea Torterra is usually peaceful with other Pokémon and can subside on a seaweed diet, they also have a taste for Tentacool, which is just one reason why some savvy swimmers like to swim in the same ocean waters these Torterra call home.

Last edited:
Sky Drapion (plus shiny)
Finally, one more Pokémon I designed for the contest was actually for my friend @Max1996. He came up with the idea, and I drew it so that he could submit it. I'm quite pleased with how it turned out!

Drapion (sky form).png
Drapion (sky form) - shiny.png

This Poison/Flying-type variant of Drapion has developed wings powerful enough to flap itself off of the ground. Sky Drapion doesn’t pinch or grip its foes, but rather swoops in and out to deliver quick stings, then watches from a safe distance as its prey succumbs to its venom.

These are all so awesome and creative! Chandelure, the Magnemite line, Torterra, and Drapion are all Pokemon that I really like and these variants of them do them justice; Gamefreak should hire you. Cool shinies as well. I want Diving Magnezone so bad!

Coalossal Redesign
Ok, so this is something I actually made back in February, during a period in which I was pretty inactive on the forums. If you’ve seen my Rolycoly post in this thread from back in 2019, you’ll already know that I had great expectations for the cute little coal creature. But ever since Rolycoly’s evolutions were revealed, it bugged me that Coalossal didn’t turn out anything like I’d hoped it would. Rolycoly had laid out the perfect foundation for what could finally be a Pokémon resembling a locomotive: a coal motif, a headlight-like eye, the “wheel” it uses to get around (which Carkol expands on by becoming a four-wheeled mine cart), and of course, let’s not forget the line’s signature ability, Steam Engine. So of course I was severely let down to learn that Coalossal ditched most of these quirks in favor of a design that just...didn’t impress me. I find Coalossal very awkward-looking, what with the proportion of its limbs to its body, and especially that overly tall pile of coal on its head that looks like it should be extremely prone to toppling over (and makes me think of Marge Simpson’s hair). It was such a disappointment that all of the signs pointed to a steam engine-inspired Pokémon, and they deliberately threw all that away for a poorly designed generic rock monster. :cautious: It feels like one of the cruelest bait-and-switches in the entire history of Pokémon! *glares at Mindy from Snowpoint City* I mean, Gigantamax Coalossal at least looks kinda cool, but that didn’t really make up for what could’ve been, at least in my book. So finally, I set out to rectify this great error.

D9002B02-9F76-4781-B85B-97F34D5D7890.png

I think my drawing speaks the rest for itself, hehehe.

Liopleurodon
Dang, it's been over half a year, huh? Well, I'm back with some more drawings at long last. These next two are actually from back in August! This first one is a scene portraying one of my favorite extinct animals ever, the fearsome Liopleurodon! It was a marine reptile of the pliosaur variety, and lived from the mid to late Jurassic period. Ever since I saw it depicted in BBC's Walking with Dinosaurs miniseries, I was in love with the creature! Also featured in the drawing is an ammonite, another extinct animal I'm rather fond of.

Liopleurodon (MP sig).png

Gourgeixen (plus shiny)
And now, for something Halloween-themed! The fusion gimmick going on in the forums inspired me to pursue a design I had actually thought about years ago, but until now never executed. Say hello to my custom design for a Pokémon fusion...Gourgeixen!

Gourgeixen.png
Gourgeixen shiny.png

"Singing in eerie voices, they wander town streets on the night of the new moon. With friction from its tail fur, Gourgeixen sets its twig on fire and launches into battle."

The Bonekeeper
Time for my next Halloween-themed drawing! Lately I've taken a liking to watching animations by the YouTuber Gooseworx, who makes some funny and surreal stuff, like Little Runmo. I decided to draw one spooky character in particular from that video, known as the Bonekeeper! I've posted below one picture with just the Bonekeeper, and a second picture with a background, featuring my own depiction of the Bonekeeper's morgue from the video, but decorated for Halloween! I hope you like it!

Bonekeeper.png

Trick or Bones.png

Hisuian Zorua
As a last hurrah for this year's Halloween art, I decided to draw the adorable, ghostly Hisuian Zorua! I mean, how could I not? I've often wondered if/when there would eventually be a Normal/Ghost-type Pokémon, and now that we have one, I realize I never expected it to be this cute! Happy Halloween, everybody!

Hisuian Zorua.png

Celesteela
Hoo boy, this drawing was a doozy to make. So many complicated parts to put together and patterns to figure out. But after several long days of work, I've done it! I've drawn UB-04 Blaster, a.k.a. Celesteela, to celebrate the upcoming Special Costume Jasmine & Celesteela sync pair in Pokémon Masters! Celesteela is a really beautiful Ultra Beast, so the trouble was honestly worth it to make my very own drawing of this tremendous Pokémon. Maybe if I'm lucky, I'll also be able to draw Jasmine herself by the 18th!

Celesteela.png

Special Costume Jasmine
I've done it! I've drawn Jasmine in her special costume from Pokémon Masters, shortly before she and Celesteela are released as a scoutable sync pair in the game. I'm very proud of how she turned out!

Special Costume Jasmine.png

And this post wouldn't be complete without a shot of the two of them together, of course.

Jasmine & Celesteela.png

Perhaps the next time I can find the opportunity, I'll even make a recolor of Special Costume Jasmine featuring her 6★ EX palette!

Back
Top Bottom