• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

MegaPod’s Art Thread

Typhlosion comic
As a first for this thread, I drew a goofy little comic to post here, starring a Typhlosion. A Rowlet also makes an appearance.

The last frame in particular was heavily inspired by the "bad pun dog" meme, if you could not tell.

Chimecho and Boo
And now as another first for this thread, I've drawn a picture that features one non-Pokémon character. This little Chimecho has made friends with a Boo from the Mario franchise!

Hydreigon
So, I had made an artwork to use as an avatar for a shared sockpuppet account with myself and @Max1996, named "Hydreigon & Shelgon GX," for the Hydra Mafia game in The War Room that recently ended. Now I figure I should post the two Pokémon featured in the avatar I made individually! To make Hydreigon, I used the layered technique I mentioned before to create the wings separately and add them after scanning and coloring the outlines.

Aurora Milotic, Aurora Vibrava, Aurora Anorith, and Aurora Seaking (plus shinies)
So, I recently designed custom forms for four different Pokémon to submit for an aurora-themed art contest as part of a game on the Bulbagarden Discord server. None of my entries won the contest, but I figured I may as well share them here.

This was a really nice thread to scroll through! :> I like the varied expressions you give your pokémon; they always seem to be feeling something, even if they're just like posing on a flat background. I realise it's an older piece, but I also wanted to say I really enjoyed the one with Nanu and a trubbish; that was a clever use of like, the physical grounding of the image.

Mega Seaking (plus shiny)
For another contest on the aforementioned Discord game, I drew and submitted a Mega Seaking awhile back. This time, it was chosen as a winner! Now I’m ready to show it here, too.

The king motif I used for it is pretty obvious, and I also drew some inspiration from angler fish and blowfish for bits and pieces of it.

For another contest on the aforementioned Discord game, I drew and submitted a Mega Seaking awhile back. This time, it was chosen as a winner! Now I’m ready to show it here, too.

View attachment 120180

View attachment 120179

The king motif I used for it is pretty obvious, and I also drew some inspiration from angler fish and blowfish for bits and pieces of it.
Nice, is it bad that the king motif was literally the last part I noticed XD

Choomba and Rolycoly
The recently revealed Coal Pokémon, Rolycoly, instantly became one of my favorite new Pokémon that will debut in SwoShi, especially since it seems like it'll evolve into a train of sorts (as if it wasn't cute enough on its own), so I felt inspired to make an artwork of it! Next to it I've featured a curious Choomba, a Goomba subspecies from Mario and Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story that resembles a steam engine and consumes little creatures called Coalbits. I don't think Rolycoly is on board with being eaten for fuel, but the two do look nice together if I say so myself.

Cherrim and Swadloon
Now, the actual subjects of this next artwork have been completed for quite some time now. However, I didn't want to reveal this piece until I had the backdrop finished, too. Here I've drawn a Cherrim in its Overcast form snuggling up with a Swadloon in the rain.

Galarian Weezing
I couldn't have been more thrilled about the introduction of Galarian Weezing, a Poison/Fairy Weezing variant even better than the one I had wished for! The mustaches, the smokestack top hats, the complete and total fanciness...I simply had to draw one!

Back
Top Bottom