• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

MegaPod’s Art Thread

Derpy Brionne and Stunfisk (remade)
  • Hey y'all! After the transition to the newer art style, I figured I should remake some of my older works from the thread. What better place to start than my Stunfisk and Derpy Brionne drawings, redrawn into one glorious image?

Brionne and Stunfisk.png

Meloetta Aria, Meloetta Pirouette
  • I completed some new Pokémon art recently for a banner for the current version of Up vs. Down in Fun & Games, and I figured I'd feature the Pokémon individually here. First, the Meloetta Formes!

Stakataka and Hitmonlee
  • So, I drew up the outline and scanned it in for this drawing months ago, but I never got to coloring and posting it until today. In the spirit of redrawing Pokémon from earlier in the thread, I went with another Stakataka...but this time with a bothersome Hitmonlee kicking at it.

I did a little trick to make this picture a lot easier: I drew the main body and each leg of Stakataka individually (Hitmonlee being drawn with one of the legs), scanned each seperate picture in, then combined the colored-in pieces to make the full drawing. It worked out pretty well I think, and I will probably even carry this technique into my professional work when the situation calls for it!

Sobble and Caterpie
  • Today I drew a Sobble, per the suggestion of my forum friend @Max1996! I decided to give Sobble some toes and a slightly tweaked posture to make it somewhat more lizard-like; guess you could say I took a few...creative lizardies. :cool:

Typhlosion comic
  • As a first for this thread, I drew a goofy little comic to post here, starring a Typhlosion. A Rowlet also makes an appearance.

The last frame in particular was heavily inspired by the "bad pun dog" meme, if you could not tell.

Hydreigon
  • So, I had made an artwork to use as an avatar for a shared sockpuppet account with myself and @Max1996, named "Hydreigon & Shelgon GX," for the Hydra Mafia game in The War Room that recently ended. Now I figure I should post the two Pokémon featured in the avatar I made individually! To make Hydreigon, I used the layered technique I mentioned before to create the wings separately and add them after scanning and coloring the outlines.

Aurora Milotic, Aurora Vibrava, Aurora Anorith, and Aurora Seaking (plus shinies)
  • So, I recently designed custom forms for four different Pokémon to submit for an aurora-themed art contest as part of a game on the Bulbagarden Discord server. None of my entries won the contest, but I figured I may as well share them here.

Mega Seaking (plus shiny)
  • For another contest on the aforementioned Discord game, I drew and submitted a Mega Seaking awhile back. This time, it was chosen as a winner! Now I’m ready to show it here, too.

The king motif I used for it is pretty obvious, and I also drew some inspiration from angler fish and blowfish for bits and pieces of it.

Choomba and Rolycoly
  • The recently revealed Coal Pokémon, Rolycoly, instantly became one of my favorite new Pokémon that will debut in SwoShi, especially since it seems like it'll evolve into a train of sorts (as if it wasn't cute enough on its own), so I felt inspired to make an artwork of it! Next to it I've featured a curious Choomba, a Goomba subspecies from Mario and Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story that resembles a steam engine and consumes little creatures called Coalbits. I don't think Rolycoly is on board with being eaten for fuel, but the two do look nice together if I say so myself.

Cherrim and Swadloon
  • Now, the actual subjects of this next artwork have been completed for quite some time now. However, I didn't want to reveal this piece until I had the backdrop finished, too. Here I've drawn a Cherrim in its Overcast form snuggling up with a Swadloon in the rain.

Galarian Weezing
  • I couldn't have been more thrilled about the introduction of Galarian Weezing, a Poison/Fairy Weezing variant even better than the one I had wished for! The mustaches, the smokestack top hats, the complete and total fanciness...I simply had to draw one!

Stick Pokémon (Part 1)
  • Okay, so nearly a month ago, a sort of small fad started on the Bulbagarden Discord channel where users would request different Pokémon for me to draw as stick figures, and I would scan/color some of those into avatars for them to use. Now, I shall unveil the colorized stick Pokémon designs from back then!

Originally requested by none other than @KenderCharmeleon, of course!

I'm glad @Kung Fu Ferret challenged me to make this one. I have a newfound appreciation for Mienshao because of it.

Requested by @Jagman53!

This one was for me.

This one was requested by a nice user known as ploo.

Requested by good ol' @Mr.Negative!

First requested by @Vulpix037 of course!

This absolute masterpiece, if I should be so bold, was requested by @Chillie.

Garchomp here was requested for stick figure formatting by brad.

@Parissong requested this elegant stick Altaria!

The file upload limit stopped me there, so I’ll post the next group of them a while later!

Stick Pokémon (Part 2)

Originally requested by @vmario!

I think I made this one for Mal on Discord after she saw the following drawing in its pencil sketch stage, but then I unveiled this one in colorized form first. I actually drew just the head and then imposed it over the following drawing's body in order to make it.

Iirc this was initially requested by @Max1996! I designed it so that if I so choose, I can make versions for the other types later in my Illustrator document.

I made this one for a user known as Sake.

Here's my stick figure take on a grouchy Flareon, inspired by Shiro over on the Bulbagarden Discord! (he didn't actually request it or use it, but I made it anyways just to be funny, lel)

This li'l cutie I made for Link on Discord!

I dun and made this one for @ExLight per his request

I made this one for @TeaWest, though I believe Silva over on Discord was the one to first suggest it!

Speaking of Silva, this was also her idea!

Another request I fulfilled for Max1996! Cracks me up. And yes, I did spend a decent amount of time editing the tongue to make it pink :p

Stick Pokémon (Part 3)

I think it was Bob Cheese who initially requested this one...

...a suggestion immediately followed by @Guzma's request for this one!

@Doggo requested a stick figure Lycanroc, so I took it upon myself to draw each of them!

That concludes my colorized stick Pokémon collection for now. Maybe I'll create more of this series later on down the line!

Back
    Top Bottom