• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

MegaPod’s Art Thread

Mow Rotom
  • As October is nearly here at the time of this post, I wanna kick off the month with a delightfully spooky Mow Rotom!

Crime Jr.
  • I had hoped to have a little more spoopy stuff up in my art thread by now, but hopefully this little piece was worth the wait. I started a little meme of sorts on a Discord server I’m in where I refer to Mime Jr. as “Crime Jr.,” and decided to draw it as a custom made form...a sort of creepy one at that. Say hello to Crime Jr. if you dare!

Celebratory Snivy
  • I didn’t initially intend to take a break from the spooky stuff this October, but I couldn’t resist sharing this Snivy I’ve drawn onto a card for one of my brothers’ upcoming birthday! It’s his favorite Pokémon.

Discord
  • Thanks to @Max1996's above suggestion, I went ahead and tried my hand at drawing the reality-bending draconequus and spirit of chaos, Discord! He is my favorite MLP character after all (along with Fluttershy). I think he turned out well.

Discord.png

Galarian Stunfisk
  • After the lift of the Sword and Shield spoiler restriction on the forums, I will now begin to share artworks I have done of unrevealed Pokémon from Generation 8! And what better way to kick that off than with one of the best regional variants of them all? Presenting the fabulous Galarian Stunfisk!

Galar Stunfisk.png

Complete "Fossilized Dino"
  • I still need to post the rest of my artworks from before the spoiler restriction's lift. For this next piece, I had decided to reimagine what the "Fossilized Dino" from Sword and Shield could look like fully restored into its true form, rather than only the rear half of Arctozolt or Arctovish. The translated Japanese name of the Fossilized Dino is Fossilized Plesiosaur...but what if that icy, flippered creature was not a plesiosaur, but something else entirely? I present to you what I suspect is the true form of the Fossilized Dino...

ArctoBrionne.png

...a gigantic, ancient variant of Brionne! Arcto-Brionne, if you will. Trust me, this theory is perfectly sound. Omanyte pictured for size comparison as well as for lulz.

Brain Corsola (plus shiny and alternate shiny)
  • So, this is actually something that I drew all the way back in last September. It was an idea I had for a regional variant of Corsola, back before Galarian Corsola was even known to be a thing. Inspired by brain coral, the idea was that its differently structured head made it less appealing for Mareanie and Toxapex to prey upon, as well as granting it increased intelligence and the Water/Psychic type. The mainly pink color palettes were actually intended to be its shiny version, and I decided on the partially green version as its shiny; however, I must say that the purple looks nice on it too.
    Elarian Corsola.png
    Elarian Corsola Shiny Revised 1.png
    Elarian Corsola Shiny Revised 2.png

Stick Silvally Forms (Part 1)
  • Remember back when I made stick figure versions of Pokémon, Silvally being one of them, and that I could edit Stick Silvally to be any of its eighteen different forms corresponding to each type? Well, now is that time! I've made a version of Stick Silvally for each type, even accompanied by the appropriate official type symbols I found on Bulbapedia. I'll need two posts to showcase them all, so here are the first ten:

Stick Silvally Normal 2.png
    Stick Silvally Fighting.png
    Stick Silvally Flying.png
    Stick Silvally Poison.png
    Stick Silvally Ground.png
    Stick Silvally Rock.png
    Stick Silvally Bug.png
    Stick Silvally Ghost.png
    Stick Silvally Steel.png
    Stick Silvally Fire.png

Stick Silvally Forms (Part 2)
  • Stick Silvally Water.png
    Stick Silvally Grass.png
    Stick Silvally Electric.png
    Stick Silvally Psychic.png
    Stick Silvally Ice.png
    Stick Silvally Dragon.png
    Stick Silvally Dark.png
    Stick Silvally Fairy.png

Finally, to top off this collection, I've made two graphics with all of the Stick Silvally together; one version keeping each colored background, and a second version with all of the forms against a single, neutral background.

Stick Silvally Chart 1.png
    Stick Silvally Chart 2.png

Terrarium Chandelure (plus shiny)
  • Back in April, I designed some custom Pokémon forms for an art contest themed around earth, sea, and sky. Two of my custom forms were among the winners, including the one I'm most proud of, this terrarium-inspired Chandelure!

Terrarium Chandelure.png
    Terrarium Chandelure Shiny II.png

When the husks of expired Chandelure are filled with soil and seeds are planted within, it allows the rebirth of Chandelure into this new Ground/Grass-type form. This practice was apparently started by one wise, old sage, who figured that the spirit energy a Chandelure had accumulated in its first life could sustain healthy plant growth for a whole other lifetime. Though not an especially mobile Pokémon, Terrarium Chandelure seem to take great joy in letting small Bug and Grass Pokémon use it as a miniature habitat.

Diving Magnemite, Magneton, Magnezone (plus shinies)
  • I also entered a marine-themed Magnemite line into the contest. Though they didn't win, I'm still very glad I made them!

Sea Magnemite.png
    Sea Magnemite Shiny.png
    Due to its ability to function without an air supply and propel itself with magnetism, some scientists have deemed Magnemite a useful Pokémon for assisting in undersea research. Magnemite chosen for this purpose have been outfitted with a special protective casing, which limits their electrical output to prevent them from shorting out while submerged. These Steel/Water-type Magnemite are known as Diving form Magnemite.
    Sea Magneton.png
    Sea Magneton Shiny Updated.png
    Diving Magneton’s strong outer casing protects it from getting damaged by the crushing water pressure of the deep sea trenches it is sent to explore. Though light is incredibly scarce at such depths, Diving Magneton is aptly prepared for this; by sending out high-frequency pulses with its array of magnets, it can easily navigate itself and detect objects by radar alone.
    Sea Magnezone.png
    Sea Magnezone Shiny.png
    Diving Magnezone is considered the ultimate assistant in undersea research. The sensor on its head can capture images underwater, which it then transmits back to human scientists as data using its antenna. With its powerful magnets, Diving Magnezone can pick up metallic rock samples or even pollutive ship debris from the ocean, and bring them back above the surface.

Sea Torterra (plus shiny)
  • This custom Torterra form I made was my other contest winner:

Sea Torterra.png
    Sea Torterra Shiny.png

When some of the Torterra population in a particular region moved to the beaches, the trees on their backs did not thrive well. However, after many generations of adapting to their coastal environment, these Torterra became excellent swimmers and divers, allowing seaweeds and corals to flourish on their shells as they spent more time under the water. Torterra's sea variant can still utilize some various Grass moves, but has shifted types to Water/Ground. Much like their land counterparts with small forest Pokémon, these Sea Torterra will allow small marine Pokémon to take shelter in the coral and seaweed that grows atop their backs. While Sea Torterra is usually peaceful with other Pokémon and can subside on a seaweed diet, they also have a taste for Tentacool, which is just one reason why some savvy swimmers like to swim in the same ocean waters these Torterra call home.

Last edited:
    Sky Drapion (plus shiny)
  • Finally, one more Pokémon I designed for the contest was actually for my friend @Max1996. He came up with the idea, and I drew it so that he could submit it. I'm quite pleased with how it turned out!

Drapion (sky form).png
    Drapion (sky form) - shiny.png

This Poison/Flying-type variant of Drapion has developed wings powerful enough to flap itself off of the ground. Sky Drapion doesn’t pinch or grip its foes, but rather swoops in and out to deliver quick stings, then watches from a safe distance as its prey succumbs to its venom.

Coalossal Redesign
  • Ok, so this is something I actually made back in February, during a period in which I was pretty inactive on the forums. If you’ve seen my Rolycoly post in this thread from back in 2019, you’ll already know that I had great expectations for the cute little coal creature. But ever since Rolycoly’s evolutions were revealed, it bugged me that Coalossal didn’t turn out anything like I’d hoped it would. Rolycoly had laid out the perfect foundation for what could finally be a Pokémon resembling a locomotive: a coal motif, a headlight-like eye, the “wheel” it uses to get around (which Carkol expands on by becoming a four-wheeled mine cart), and of course, let’s not forget the line’s signature ability, Steam Engine. So of course I was severely let down to learn that Coalossal ditched most of these quirks in favor of a design that just...didn’t impress me. I find Coalossal very awkward-looking, what with the proportion of its limbs to its body, and especially that overly tall pile of coal on its head that looks like it should be extremely prone to toppling over (and makes me think of Marge Simpson’s hair). It was such a disappointment that all of the signs pointed to a steam engine-inspired Pokémon, and they deliberately threw all that away for a poorly designed generic rock monster. :cautious: It feels like one of the cruelest bait-and-switches in the entire history of Pokémon! *glares at Mindy from Snowpoint City* I mean, Gigantamax Coalossal at least looks kinda cool, but that didn’t really make up for what could’ve been, at least in my book. So finally, I set out to rectify this great error.

D9002B02-9F76-4781-B85B-97F34D5D7890.png

I think my drawing speaks the rest for itself, hehehe.

Liopleurodon
  • Dang, it's been over half a year, huh? Well, I'm back with some more drawings at long last. These next two are actually from back in August! This first one is a scene portraying one of my favorite extinct animals ever, the fearsome Liopleurodon! It was a marine reptile of the pliosaur variety, and lived from the mid to late Jurassic period. Ever since I saw it depicted in BBC's Walking with Dinosaurs miniseries, I was in love with the creature! Also featured in the drawing is an ammonite, another extinct animal I'm rather fond of.

Liopleurodon (MP sig).png

Back
    Top Bottom