• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Mafia MegaPod's Pokémon of the Week Mafia - Signups (03/23/19)

Reaction score

uIBimay.png

Hello, War Room, and welcome to my latest Mafia game, MegaPod’s Pokémon of the Week Mafia! As you may know, it’s been over a year now since I was hired to moderate over at the General Pokémon Discussion section, and I’ve had the pleasure of writing and posting numerous entries for its Pokémon of the Week segments. This series of segments, unfortunately, hasn’t been getting a lot of attention in a while, but there are some changes in progress that should hopefully fix that. And this game is my tribute to the Pokémon of the Week segments that I’ve written in the past: the setup will feature 20 different roles based on the various Pokémon spanning my first nine PotW entries! The entries in question are listed below.
My celebration of Pokémon of the Week will also include narrative flavor text, written by myself, of course! But before we can jump in, let’s read the basics, other mechanics, and rules of the game:

Like any other Mafia game, this 20-player game features two main factions, the Town and the Mafia. The Mafia gets to kill off a player each Night phase, and wins if they outnumber the Town. Town must take advantage of each Day phase to vote off every Mafiosi. There may also be independent parties who will try to fulfill a separate win condition. This game is a role madness game, meaning most or all players will receive some sort of power role to use. This game is also 100% certifiably bastard. So, good luck!

In addition to the actions and modifiers stated in each player’s role pm, certain Pokémon will have unstated, inherent modifiers to their roles due to their typing, as listed below:
  • Poison-type and Steel-type Pokémon cannot be poisoned.
  • Ice-type Pokémon cannot be frozen.

1. All Bulbagarden Forums and War Room rules apply, of course.
  2. No outside communication is allowed, except that provided by the host(s).
  3. Roleclaiming is allowed; nameclaiming is not.
  4. Do not copy from or forge role messages and post them for other participants to see; any claims must be in your words.
  5. Be an active participant, please! That means you should post in every phase of the game if possible, unless an exception is made by the host(s). Failure to participate will result in substitution, or if necessary, modkilling.
  6. If you have a night action but choose not to use it, please say so in your private conversation with the host(s).
  7. Please alert the host(s) in-thread immediately if you change your username during the game. This will help to mitigate confusion.
  8. Unless otherwise specified: Day phases will last 48 hours, after which votes will be locked. No hammer rules apply. Night phases will last 24 hours or until all actions have been locked.
  9. You may not post any information relevant to the game after your death, unless an exception is made by the host(s).
  10. Please bold your votes for clarity, or risk unbolded votes being discounted.
  11. You may directly switch votes to another player without unvoting; your most recent vote choice will override any others.
  12. A tie between two or more players with the most votes will result in no lynch.
  13. No abusing loopholes in the game. If you think you've found one or are unsure, feel free to ask the host(s) where appropriate.
  14. To let me know that you've read the rules, include the word “week” in your sign-up post!
  15. Be sure to check your role pm at the start of each phase before posting.
  16. Respect your fellow players, and have fun!
Remember: Repeated breaking of the rules can and will lead to your being modkilled.

Players:
  1. @Max1996
  2. @LazySpy
  3. @ExLight
  4. @Contrainer ?
  5. @Ereshkigal ?
  6. @Jinjo
  7. @Rainbow Cloud
  8. @Sloonei ?
  9. @Kyriaki
  10. @jdthebud
  11. @Tood
  12. @Midorikawa
  13. @Pikochu
  14. @BackSet
  15. @DawningWinds

Substitutes:
1. @TheCapsFan
2. @chibighost

Informed Observers:
1. @prog rocker

M.O.D.: @DarthWolf

Last edited:
Oooh, a new Pokémon mafia? Let's hope that I can stay in this for more than a week and not be lynched D1...

Hopefuly weeks after my request 20 guardians of light will finally gather, and the war will start...

I wanna join.

Looks like I got kicked out of Gen 3 Mafia while I was gone so in
Seeing as how USUM Ubers is in purgatory, this game probably won't start for a while.

I'm in. I promise, I won't be my usual insane self. You will definitely see something entirely new.

Unless you give me a role that requires insanity to play. Then, grab the popcorn and enjoy the show.

In

I can meet you sometime next week.

Back
Top Bottom