• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Speculation Megaverse's effect on the Orre games?

It doesn't. It acts as a medium for that bond that converts said bond into the energy needed for Mega Evolution.
You're just being pedantic when the point of the statement still stands--the mechanism by which Key Stones achieve their effect is unexplained, like "closing hearts" for Shadow Pokemon.

I never disagreed with the overall point of the key stone/closing hearts ambiguity; I was just refining your statement. Clarification doesn't equate to being excessively concerned with details, so I think calling me "pedantic" is bit harsh. :p

Stop. The Decolore Islands are anime only, they're not canon.

Sorry, that was really long. Why does Genius Sonority (who I'm assuming are the developers) not want to bring back the series?

Now that is an interesting question. They went from Colosseum/XD to Battle Revolution to DS/3DS apps and spinoffs (they made Pokemon Typing and Battle Trozei). We know that Game Freak is not too fond of console games, and they don't make Stadium games anymore because XY renders them obsolete, but I don't think they've ever said anything about why the Colosseum/XD series got another game. My best guess would probably be sales, Colosseum only sold 1.5 million and IDK what XD's sales were but it probably wasn't that much better.

No, no, no, no, no. The anime CHARACTERS aren't canon. I have to believe that Game Freak gives the anime team a rough outline of where each region is in relation to the others, I really do doubt they'd mess with the geography that horribly. Just because Decolore is anime exclusive doesn't mean AT ALL that Unova is not West of Kanto.

Assuming the Decolores Islands are indeed canon, wouldn't it make more sense for them to be approximately in the same location as the Caribbean? After all, Ash and co. would have to sail through the Caribbean to get the the equivalent of the Panama Canal in the Pokemon world in order to return home. That's what a voyage from Japan to New York would probably entail.

But we're assuming that Unova and Kalos are in the places of their respective real life inspirations. That could be extremely incorrect. I mean, Orre is based off of Arizona, but evidence suggests it's adjacent to Sinnoh and Almia in Poké-Hokkaido rather than Unova in Poké-America. For all we know, Poké-France could be in South Africa, or Russia, or Brazil.

Japan like to show/draw Honshu horizontally, like the way Johto and Kanto are, so their position is right. No need to think so hard about locations, they must all be where their real-life locations are. Now about Hoenn, Junichi said he rotated Kyushuu to make it better gameplay-wise, it must be southwest of Johto.
Considering that the world is round, Unova is west AND east of Kanto...and where is the information that Orre is adjacent to Sinnoh and Almia?

Look at this map and you'll know what I mean. Hokkaido is not there because at that time it wasn't colonized yet.

where is the information that Orre is adjacent to Sinnoh and Almia?

Bulbapedia suggests that Almia is the unaccessible southern tip of Sinnoh, while also suggesting that the desert in its eastern side is the beginning of the desert region Orre. While there are no sources for this on the page, I've seen from lurking in talk pages that the Pedia is VERY strict when it comes to the information they put in their pages. So there must be a reason why those suggested locations were kept.

I think what essentially makes Mega Evolution and Shadow Pokémon polar opposites is the whole concept of Pokémon evolution. With Shadows, you can't level them up and evolve them until they've been purified. Mega Evolution is the next step up from regular Evolution, while the concept of Shadow Pokémon is the lack of it.

On the subject of the Orre games, I couldn't help but notice that some of the battle animation movements for the 'mons from Gens 1-3 in X/Y and ORAS are similar to their 3D battle animations from Colosseum and XD.

The parallel universes do at least give a convenient excuse not to mention any of the spin-offs, explain the anime, ect

Please note: The thread is from 9 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom