• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Meloetta quietly revealed in M15 poster: Pikachu short title revealed

Status
Not open for further replies.
The words "Meloetta quietly revealed" makes me imagine a meek little Meloetta shyly trying to get attention from everyone while Kyurem gets all the media coverage. Poor thing.

I wonder if this short will be seeing an international release alongside the movie... I hope TPCI releases the movie along with the short in theaters again this year. I missed my chance last year with the White movie. ><

As expected, Meloetta is revealed this year. Earlier than I expected, but still in 2012.

I imagine next month's CoroCoro will feature BW2 and Meloetta then?

Poor Meloetta :( It's not my favourite legendary or anything, but hell it deserved much better debut than that...

With the speed they're releasing new legendaries and formes, they feel even less special than before, at least for me... and to think that in RBY, Mewtwo and Mew was everything they needed to make kids jizz in their pants. Pretty sad really.

On a good note, I'm quite happy about the inclusion of old generation Pokemon in the poster. Generation 5 novelity must finally start to fade off.

Older Pokemon in BW2 regional PokeDex anyone?

It's a surprise that Meloetta's debut is in a movie short. Especially since it's an event Pokémon. Then again, this could mean next year's movie will focus on Genesect.

You know what I started thinking here? IIRC, Meloetta and Genesect don't have any event to catch them from in BW (Unlike Victini), so could it be the event items for them will be released for BW2 only, with these extra events for moves and whatnot in BW?
It'd make sense, really.

Also clever Meloetta wouuld be in a light-hearted short. I don't know, but I feel Victini and Meloetta would be too similar naturewise to be worth both having a full movie.

And we jump two steps closer to the Genesect feature rather than one! I'm hyped. Not for this movie but for the next.

Made this, thought it was appropriate:

419186_10150621236052976_566872975_8887080_694537981_n.jpg

Poor Meloetta.

Personally I'm not too bothered about Meloetta being quietly revealed and having the focus taken off for Kyurem and the two games. I don't particularly like the Pokémon to begin with, understand why it is a legendary or care much for its formes or special attack so I'm content with its minimal hype.

If it came to the point where its distribution had essentially no (or overshadowed) hype then I'd probably be a bit more concerned.

They couldn't really make a whole movie out of Meloetta could they. Also that poster is at least partially wrong, there's no way Togepi could be in it when he evolved into Togetic back in AG

They couldn't really make a whole movie out of Meloetta could they. Also that poster is at least partially wrong, there's no way Togepi could be in it when he evolved into Togetic back in AG
I see no reason why Meloetta couldn't have a movie.
Also, that's most likely a different Togepi than the one you're thinking of.

I see no reason why Meloetta couldn't have a movie.
Also, that's most likely a different Togepi than the one you're thinking of.

The evil one from Sinnoh then? ;) Could be fun, he tries to ruin Meloetta's performance, Pikachu and the rest have to stop it and help Meloetta get ready for the recital.

Or just, a Togepi. As y'know, there are countless Togepi.

To be fair, I don't see why it couldn't be the Togepi, and that goes for the rest of the 'mons featured. This is a 15th anniversary thing after all, and Pikachu shorts (assuming that's what we're getting) are purely just for lighthearted, nonsensical fun. I can easily see them all being together just for shits and giggles with zero explanation, whether or not they evolved or left in-series. I think it'd be weirder if they were all just randoms.

Also, I agree that there isn't any reason why Meloetta couldn't have received her own movie. Shaymin did, and it was literally just a hedgehog trying to find some flowers.

Poor Meloetta! But that short seems interesting.

This is a 15th anniversary thing after all,

That's probably the reason they chose popular Pokémon owned by past main characters - but I doubt these are the same ones...
It'd be too crazy to randomly bring back Togetic from a different dimension and de-evolve it for this movie (same goes to all others)
I know it doesn't necessarily have to make sense, but they usually do try to at least keep basics stuff like that logical...
I'm sure it'll just be random wild ones, that were simply chosen due to how popular they were/are

Also, I agree that there isn't any reason why Meloetta couldn't have received her own movie. Shaymin did, and it was literally just a hedgehog trying to find some flowers.

Yeah, it's probably more of a time rush than anything else... if they had to give up on giving a full movie to one of the secret 3, it was obvious Meloetta will be the one to lose... and I can't really blame them for this decision
It's not like it'll be the first legendary not to get a movie anyway (well, though it IS the first secret one not to get a movie... though I still think this might be a second movie that is just shorter than the main one, but longer than the old "shorts")

Poor, poor Meloetta... Ever since doing its in-game event, it seemed obvious to me that it wouldn't get as much attention as the other two Mythical Pokemon. Keldeo is the fourth musketeer and prodigy of the other three. Genesect is Team Plasma's canceled Mewtwo equivalent. Meloetta's just some random legendary with no connection to anything... It's the forgotten middle child, doomed to be overshadowed by everyone else. Oh well, at least we probably won't have to deal with the horribly cliche plot device of it calming down a rampaging legendary with its music!

Demoted to Extra - Television Tropes & Idioms

Isn't it sad, Meloetta?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom