• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Meloetta quietly revealed in M15 poster: Pikachu short title revealed

Status
Not open for further replies.
So this leaves only Dennis to have a role in a Pokemon film *hopes that Mewtwo also makes an appearance along with a Gen VI Pokemon*

So this leaves only Dennis to have a role in a Pokemon film *hopes that Mewtwo also makes an appearance along with a Gen VI Pokemon*

I don't really think a gen 6 Poké is necessary... and if they HAVE to throw there one (which they might not do, with DP they kept it to minimum and didn't feature any new gen Poké in the DP series, just 2 in the final movie... maybe this time they won't do even that?) then I'd prefer a random thing like Munchlax rather than a random new legendary or a Zorua/Zoroark-like Pokémon to take all the spotlight...
I'd rather focus on Genesect VS Mewtwo - which would be awesome and had potential to happen with the whole TP VS TR thing - but now will probably not happen =\
I do wonder though if there were any special intentions in their recent "reintroduction" of Mewtwo to the fans via TCG/games and airing old anime featuring it... I still hope this Mewtwo will unlock something in BW2 and hopefully lead to some Mewtwo/Genesect story which will lead to Movie 16 being based on that... but sadly that's probably unlikely...

This does seem to indicate though that BW will only have 3 movies, otherwise there wasn't any reason to rush with Meloetta and showcase it in a way like that
I really didn't want to jump on the "BW is faster paced" craze, but maybe it IS true... I guess after BW's third movie we'll have the last few eps of BW and September 2013 will see the release of next gen's games and anime

Anyway, for Meloetta, I still hope it's more than just another "short" in the same style of these old ones from movies 1-6 - it's ridiculous to randomly bring that back now in Movie 15... if they truly wanted to do something special for 15th anniversary, I'd expect more than that... I'd really love it if they follow on my ideas and make it more like Tsubasa/Holic movies... main Keldeo movie about 60-80 minutes long and secondary Meloetta movie about 30-40 minutes... and maybe the twerps can obtain some kind of item during the Meloetta movie that will be used by them to save the day or something in the Keldeo movie - that would be nice (also kind of taken from the Tsubasa/Holic movies, which crossovered with each other with an item trade of the casts of each movie)

Also, did they announce already what Pokémon will be given away in this movie? Correct me if I'm wrong, but there's supposed to be 2 - one given for pre order and one given during the movie, right?
If so, I guess they might give both Keldeo and Meloetta in this way... unless they already announced something else?

Meloetta getting a minor appearance? Good, because it's too lame to be anything important.

Also, did they announce already what Pokémon will be given away in this movie? Correct me if I'm wrong, but there's supposed to be 2 - one given for pre order and one given during the movie, right?
If so, I guess they might give both Keldeo and Meloetta in this way... unless they already announced something else?
They haven't announced anything about the movie promotions yet, but I assume that Keldeo will be the ticket promotion, while Meloetta will be downloaded at theaters. But for all we know there might be two theater downloads, since there are essentially two movies.

They haven't announced anything about the movie promotions yet, but I assume that Keldeo will be the ticket promotion, while Meloetta will be downloaded at theaters. But for all we know there might be two theater downloads, since there are essentially two movies.

Oh, in that case of a third download, it'll probably be Kyurem with a special move or something like that...
Hopefully we'll get more info soon about everything related to the movie... I also wonder if the "double feature" thing will stay through BW's movies... seems like DP movies' theme was continuity between the movies, while BW movies' theme is "two movies" every time
It's always nice to get some "bonus" in addition to the movie itself, wether it's just a short, an alternate version, or anything else...

It's not like anyone cared about Meloetta anyways. She might have a unique latter typing, but she's just too underwhelming to be useful.

The big announcement Masuda kept referring to in his blogs and tweets were the reveal of Meloetta. Kyurems formes and BW2 (almost called it Grey then) were merely stuff on the side ;) /sarc

How unceremonious. Yet I can't think of many other ways to make it work.

Meloetta's not a Pokémon people fear or with a ridiculous story built around it. It's just superpowerful and has two forms.

As long as it gets dubbed with the Kyurem movie, I'll be happy.

It's just superpowerful and has two forms.

Actually, it's not even close to being superpowerful. It, Victini, and Cobalion were the only Gen V legendaries who failed to be BL or higher.

Relic Song, to be blunt, is a horribly inefficient method of changing forms.

Poor Meloetta XD it's like

Hey guy's I'm- LOOK TWO AWESOME BADASS DRAGON"S AND SEQUALS!!!! LET'S JUST IGNORE THE MUSE!!! (Meloetta crying in a corner) Poor thing XD but oh well sorry Mel B/W Kyurem are just to epic not to love!

Borderline... it mean;s the Pokemon is to weak for OU but to Powerful for UU then we got BL2 which is between UU and RU

Here's my theory on what's next for Meloetta: First, this small reveal that's overshadowed by Kyurem's forms and BW2. Next, they'll make another announcement 'revealing' Meloetta also has another form. Then the movie comes out and a Keldeo distribution soon follows. Meloetta later makes it's official anime debut on the TV series and a distribution for it soon follows.

If they can make a movie about Entei (the Japanese movie title made it clear that Entei was the star, not Unown based on "Pokemon 3 the Movie: Spell of the Unknown"), they can make a movie about Meloetta. Or at least, they could have. Oh well...

At least we'll get Sugimori and anime art of Meloetta soon enough.

Rats, though, 'cause since the day I first looked at its Aria Forme image I thought, "Wow, this Pokemon looks weird but cool. I can't wait for them to make a movie about this Pokemon."

Aaaaaaaand we get this. Oh well, if they made a movie, I dunno if I'd think the movie was that great. But that's because I didn't think the Arceus movie was that great, and I'd been looking forward to it since mid 2007, I believe.

The new poster has been removed from the official website. It seems that someone made a bad call and only now has the company realized that we can notice Meloetta in the poster. I don't see how that failed to occur to them in the first place, but that's life; the poster will probably be revealed again next week, as will Meloetta.

Here's my theory on what's next for Meloetta: First, this small reveal that's overshadowed by Kyurem's forms and BW2. Next, they'll make another announcement 'revealing' Meloetta also has another form. Then the movie comes out and a Keldeo distribution soon follows. Meloetta later makes it's official anime debut on the TV series and a distribution for it soon follows.
There are going to be at least two movie promotions, so I don't see why Meloetta wouldn't simply be one of them.

Maybe they should stop creating seven-plus legendaries for each gen, so that each one can get a bit more attention and not be relegated to the backburner or forgotten altogether. *coughHeatrancough*

Maybe they should stop creating seven-plus legendaries for each gen, so that each one can get a bit more attention and not be relegated to the backburner or forgotten altogether. *coughHeatrancough*
Exactly. With the current quota of legendaries per generation, it is hard to care about the amount of attention each one of them receives. Ho-Oh never getting a proper anime appearance is a far more justified complaint.

Ho-Oh never getting a proper anime appearance is a far more justified complaint.

Although Ho-Oh does hold the honor of being the first Legendary Pokemon Ash sees. So that justifies it sort of.

Meloetta may be "overshadowed," and I wouldn't mind for less legendaries, but I think the major flaw here was just the timing. They were doing a good job "grouping" the legendaries for their non-game debuts, I think (Reshiram + Zekrom + Victini movie; Thundurus + Landorus + Tornadus anime episode; Kyurem + Cobalion + Virizion + Terrakion + Keldeo movie; Meloetta mini-movie...that covers all but Genesect!). Meloetta is only being overshadowed because of the game announcement timing, not because there are too many legendaries (gen 4 could have done a bit better with them, though...)

Heatran got a better treatment than Regigigas didn't it? At least Heatran got an anime episode; Regigigas just woke up in the middle of the Giratina movie and walked in the middle of the Mamoswine stampede and pushed on some ice.

Heatran got a better treatment than Regigigas didn't it? At least Heatran got an anime episode; Regigigas just woke up in the middle of the Giratina movie and walked in the middle of the Mamoswine stampede and pushed on some ice.

Regigigas got much more attention in the movie than Heatran did (and considering how much we saw Regigigas, that is pretty sad). Besides, Regigigas did get its own episode: [bp]Pillars of Friendship![/bp]. And while it didn't actually appear in it, [bp]A Pyramiding Rage![/bp] was really just setup for Regigigas anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom