• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Meloetta to travel with Satoshi and his friends

Iteru

Something
Reaction score
Source:

bw_season_02_rocket.png

bw_season_02_meloetta.png

Pochama is seen flirting with Meloetta, and Mijumaru appears jealous.

Source:

[video=youtube_share;5QCiwYUgTuE]http://youtu.be/5QCiwYUgTuE[/video]

Meloetta is to play a big part in Season 2. We know that she'll be travelling with Satoshi and is the object of Mijumaru's affection. What kind of interactions do you think she'll have with the cast? Will she return any affection for Mijumaru? How big of a role do you think she'll have?

Last edited:
Re: TR to go after Meloetta

Hmmm...

Well, for a meta reason, I assume Meloetta's getting focused on because it doesn't have a movie of its own, story wise, maybe he wants to use Meloetta's songs and dance to take over the world?

...(Of course!)

I've been curious to know why Team Rocket would go after Meloetta in particular and not any other legendary like Zekrom or Kyurem, despite Giovanni's presence on the poster, it would most likely just be the TRio and that's it since the Plasma embargo is still in effect.

Either way, it would most likely just be a two parter, then back to more filler until the next Gym (I would love if the anime had a long story arc of several episodes personally rather than two episode arcs)

I agree that this is probably just a two parter similar to TRio's kami trio two parter
Why Meloetta? I assume it's supposed to advertise the upcoming movie's short movie starring Meloetta - which is also why we're about to get that new ending theme featuring Meloetta
This is also why I find it likely these Meloetta eps will air in July, probably before all of the Dawn/Cynthia stuff

I agree that this is probably just a two parter similar to TRio's kami trio two parter
Why Meloetta? I assume it's supposed to advertise the upcoming movie's short movie starring Meloetta - which is also why we're about to get that new ending theme featuring Meloetta
This is also why I find it likely these Meloetta eps will air in July, probably before all of the Dawn/Cynthia stuff

I most likely think so too, it will be just like that, though why Giovanni is interested in this particular Pokemon while all the other villian team leaders go after the BIG legendaries such as Groudon or Zekrom is strange, then again, Team Rocket simply steals Pokemon because it's evil to do it, while the other villain teams seek after certain Pokemon with actual intentions, Team Plasma is the closest to Team Rocket, though they steal for intention rather than just because it's evil to do like Team Rocket does.

Here's what'll happen:

Team rocket will capture Meloetta in some woefully inadequate cage/energy field thing.
Ash and friends will battle them to try and free Meloetta. They'll fight back feebly, or not at all.
Meloetta changes forms and destroys Dr Zegers helicopter. At this point Team Rocket will realise his doctorate was a mail-order degree and fire him.
The end.

I just can't wait, can you?

Well according to the Black entry:

Its melodies are sung with a special vocalization method that can control the feelings of those who hear it.

So maybe Sakaki wants to be able to control people?

Well according to the Black entry:

Its melodies are sung with a special vocalization method that can control the feelings of those who hear it.

So maybe Sakaki wants to be able to control people?
And for a second there, I thought Team Rocket wanted to open a Broadway musical.

Considering that TRio and Professor Zager spent dozens of episodes to obtain the materials needed to revive a Tirtouga fossil just to obtain a non-legendary pokemon species that had the power to open a gate through time, the organization could go after the "legendary" pokemon Meloetta for any purpose. Based on the organization's past behaviors, TR has never engaged in a mission or went after a pokemon in BW unless they intended that doing so would drastically increase the organization's influence on a very large scale in a short amount of time.

TRio went after the Kami trio because they wanted powerful pokemon that had the power to control the weather. TRio went after the Meteonite and the Dream Mist to obtain a power to materialize the organization's dreams for success and worldwide domination. TRio went after Tirtouga-Carracosta so that they could obtain an army of ancient pokemon and use that power to control the present.

I can see TR catching Meloetta so the organization can use the pokemon's melodies to control the hearts of those who hear them. These melodies could manipulate pokemon that would openly resist TR's usual capture methods into willingly joining the organization. Up until this point, TRio relied on Professor Zager to provide them with technology designed to trap captured pokemon, and in most cases, these devices worked well until they were harmed. I can see the organization resorting to this method of capture after all of their previous endeavors failed because of their previous methods.

Wouldn't it make more sense for them to go after the Kami trio? IIRC, Musashi said they'll be back for them after their defeat the last time, and the writers would be doing the trio a big favor by showing us that they've learned from their past defeat and are better prepared this time. And hey, there's the added bonus of being able to show off their new Formes to boot!

It certainly makes more sense than them going after the star of a Pikachu short.

I'm glad to here she's getting some episodes. I thought she'd be this Gen's shortchanged Legendary. This is a relief :)

I actually think the Meloetta episodes might be the first ones of the new season.

They already have an actual screenshot of Meloetta on the poster, so I'd say it's probably going to be pretty soon.

Maybe Meloetta (or at least its songs) has something to do with Kyurem, and is the key for turning it into its new forms. Capturing Meloetta is the first step to world domination.

They already have an actual screenshot of Meloetta on the poster, so I'd say it's probably going to be pretty soon.

It makes sense to air Meloetta's eps (probably a two parter) before anything else, either at the very beginning of the season or during July, to go in sync with the Meloetta ED and the Meloetta short movie that will be shown with Movie 15 during July
Also, just like Meloetta being shown in a screenshot - notice how there's a screenshot of the "Battle Tournament"'s hall... so I totally expect it to happen right after the Meloetta eps, with maybe one or two eps between these two events

Shouldn't Meloetta be one of the big draws to the new movie though? Seems weird to show it for free on TV before people actually have to pay to see it in the cinema. Then again, I guess it'd help entice people to buy tickets to get her for their games. Christ, I wouldn't make a good businessman. Too indecisive.

As for why TR would want it? I guess maybe it's Ancient Song is like a mystical chant that is the key to some mcguffin (that's the term, right?) that they want to get their greasy, helicopter piloting mitts on? I can't really think of any practical use for Giovanni requiring the embodiment of song and dance outside of kooky boss fantasy logic. There's an ominous black vortex hovering in the air over the kami trio's fursonas on the poster. Perhaps that's what the Ancient Song opens up?

...wouldn't it be cool though, if Giovanni really was as senile as he is in the boss fantasies, and wants Meloetta as an alarm clock or replacement phonograph or some other mundane utility? Like Pokemon's answer to Commander Red :D

Lol, Meloetta as an alarm clock xD

It that picture, it looks like Meloetta is fighting an Onix. I wonder where and why.

I think they probably view Keldeo as the main attraction of the movie, while Meloetta is just more of a "bonus"
That's why they don't care to show it in the anime right now (they probably would never allow Keldeo to appear now) to get people excited for Meloetta and therefore want to go watch the movie
The "main attraction" Keldeo will still not be "spoiled" and given to the viewers like that, so there's still looking forward to seeing Keldeo in action as the bigger reason to go watch the movie

I think they probably view Keldeo as the main attraction of the movie, while Meloetta is just more of a "bonus"
That's why they don't care to show it in the anime right now (they probably would never allow Keldeo to appear now) to get people excited for Meloetta and therefore want to go watch the movie
The "main attraction" Keldeo will still not be "spoiled" and given to the viewers like that, so there's still looking forward to seeing Keldeo in action as the bigger reason to go watch the movie
Yeah, that's pretty much how I see it too, with Keldeo being the 'star attraction' and all. But still, it just seems bizarre to think that one of the secret event legendary pokemon could end up appearing first in the actual series, rather than a film.

Please note: The thread is from 12 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom