• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Meloetta to travel with Satoshi and his friends

Re: TR to go after Meloetta

Wouldn't it make more sense for them to go after the Kami trio?

Since they're also on the poster, maybe Meloetta will be used to try and get them again?

Team Rocket going after FOUR Legendaries?!

Awesome.

The only thing that would make it perfect was if some other members were called in to help (or at least have the Grunts finally make themselves useful for once)

Maybe Meloetta (or at least its songs) has something to do with Kyurem, and is the key for turning it into its new forms. Capturing Meloetta is the first step to world domination.

That sounds good too! :)

Last edited:

I truly wonder what was planned in creating Melloeta, because it really seems collasally useless. It is like Shaymin, Jirachi and Celebi, but at least those two were important, had areas attributed to them, were frequently referenced or had some destructive power that could be built off. I do not understand the inspiration for a glorified love child of a Hypno Medicham hybrid crossed with Mime Jr.

Man, TR really hit rock bottom here. Going after the special needs child of legendaries. Then again, they've been going after the same Pikachu for so long that if their boss ever found out they'd be thrown out and summarily executed in a heartbeat, so...no wait, they really can do better. What the fuck, guys.

Never saw Team Rocket, and to an extent Giovanni, as the musical types....

I hope there's some sort of a point to them capturing Meloetta in that it activates the Kami's formes or something like that because Meloetta, for me, looks like the most useless of the Gen V legendary.

This plot might also reference the skipped Team Rocket VS. Team Plasma episodes.

This plot might also reference the skipped Team Rocket VS. Team Plasma episodes.

Unless they plan to air them soon, there's little chance of this. Even with the gap between episodes being initially conceived and airing, there's no way that they would think to reference an episode that has never aired worldwide.

Musashi said:
Wouldn't it make more sense for them to go after the Kami trio?

Since they're also on the poster, maybe Meloetta will be used to try and get them again?

But why would they infer *that* but then outright confirm the Meloetta thing? Wouldn't "Their Boss Sakaki appears! His goal is the Kami Trio?" be a much more eye-catching headline to post?

(Does this mean the TRio will go back to their Black Uniforms?)

Probably Meloetta unlock's the Kami Trio in their alternate forms or something.

BWS2series.png

Not only is TR going after Meloetta, it's joining Ash's group for a while.

It's like Celebi, only not done stupidly!

Apparently Giovanni will be leading TR in "the biggest plot in history". Yeah, I could see TR done after this saga.

Now I'm REALLY freaking excited for this. It's exactly what the beginning of BW was hyped up to be for the Rockets. Hopefully the writers can do this plot right without real life getting in the way.

:bounce:

It's like Celebi, only not done stupidly!

Maybe she won't be a total damsel in distress who needs rescuing EVERY TIME she shows up (fingers crossed, y'all!)

If anything, I hope TR DOESN'T have to be done after this, but that Jessie, James, and Meowth will screw the whole plan and then go back to being hilarious failures again in gen 6!

Pochama is seen flirting with Meloetta, and Mijumaru appears jealous.

Source:

[video=youtube_share;5QCiwYUgTuE]http://youtu.be/5QCiwYUgTuE[/video]

Anyone think Nyasu will get in on the Meloetta flirting?

Last edited:

Translation of Meloetta's character bio from the official website:

Meloetta is a legendary pokemon who joins Satoshi and his friends after being rescued by them. Its specialty is singing songs that can soothe people's hearts. It loves Satoshi even though it's sometimes too shy to show this. Its cute smiling face is its trademark!

Well Nyasu has a clear crush on her in the movie short. Curious how this will translate to the show.

Also interesting the preview didn't show the Rockets at all. Guess they'll get their own special promo later.

Surely with how exciting/fun the dynamic is with Meloetta they can't blend the serious Team Rocket into that without it being painful?

It loves Satoshi even though it's sometimes too shy to show this.
Why am I not surprised...at all.

But she looks like a cutie she just has to wait in line hahaha

Meloetta needs to meet Bayleef. Make it happen writers.

Please note: The thread is from 12 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom