• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Memcache errors

Nekusagi

Badass office lady
Reaction score
They're getting worse. I had to refresh five times before I could access this.

It seems like it's impossible for me to go anywhere but the main page right now. Every time I try to pull up anything, I get a memcache error that refuses to go away. Hadn't this error been fixed?

(I would have posted this on the staff blog post about the problem, but I can't get to the blogs)

I had the problem for the past day or so, but did not want to say anything cause I assume they are being looked at. Just wondering why this happens if anyone knows.

Been getting this as well.

Sometimes it will acknowledge that it's a memcache error and that I can't connect to it while other times I just get the standard google broken link message.

Ive been getting the mem cache errors a lot since this morning, I also have been getting the server is busy, try again later and more recently when I click to see the new posts, I get a message saying Guitarholic does not have privileges to view this, yadah, yadah. I figured the site was just being updated or something. The last 10 minutes have been error free though.

I've been having this problem almost every single time I get on.
Myself said:
I have no idea why it's this bad. I don't care who, but they better get their ass in gear and find out why this shit is happening. And get it. Fucking. Fixed.

It was almost impossible for me to login today because of these. I had tried about 6 or 7 times before I did it fast enough so I could get on.

I got these error messages too when I tried to come on today, but I didn't spend most of my time trying to come on here. I was mostly on youtube and my email and when I finally needed to come on here, it was working again although some people may need to come on here for something. I only came on to private message and to post this today.

Please be patient, our Tech Staff are looking into this problem. Yelling at us to get it fixed wont make the problem go faster.

These problems shouldn't happen in the first place, we have every right to get frustrated.

These problems shouldn't happen in the first place, we have every right to get frustrated.

If you let the admins deal with the problems, they're sure they can fix it. It takes a while for them to clear the memcache errors. At least we're not getting them now at this time. We might still have some tomorrow if they don't fix it.

Feel free to get frustrated, we sure are, but don't take it out on us. We're not responsible for the backend maintenance of the server, that's the responsibility of our hosting provider, and there's only a limited amount we can possibly do on our own. We've put in the support requests, and all we can do is wait. It doesn't help that these seem to happen most of the time on weekends.

The techs haven't done anything about it yet?

They're working on it. Like I've said repeatedly to people now, it's not a simple issue to fix, it's going to take a long time. And when I say long time, I don't mean hours. I mean we might get this next weekend, and maybe the weekend after that too.

Also, kill that signature, it's way too big.

Thanks all for getting it fixed, know its annoying to happen, but its good to know it can be fixed when it does happen.

I'm still getting a ridiculous amount of errors, but at least now I know it's not only my problem and people are trying to fix it.

I just started getting these yesterday. Honestly, I thought it might have been my desktop PC. (Trust me, he's an older model so he kinda sucks!)

It's a bit annoying, but not a huge deal for me.

Please note: The thread is from 15 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom