• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Memcache errors

Memcache errors can happen on any page load. They're just happening more frequently of late, causing them to pop up at more inconvenient times.

I would appreciate if people could please let me know what time of the day their problems are happening at, in GMT if you can, or at least tell us the time zone you're in. I have a feeling that these issues are still centering around server peak load times. While I've been watching the server status closely these past few days and all parameters such as CPU load, etc, have appeared to be within acceptable parameters, I'm wondering if we're perhaps overloading the database with more queries than it can handle at once.

I would appreciate if people could please let me know what time of the day their problems are happening at, in GMT if you can, or at least tell us the time zone you're in. I have a feeling that these issues are still centering around server peak load times. While I've been watching the server status closely these past few days and all parameters such as CPU load, etc, have appeared to be within acceptable parameters, I'm wondering if we're perhaps overloading the database with more queries than it can handle at once.

Mine occur from about 7pm-1am GMT. Interestingly enough, this is when the forum appears to be at its busiest.

mine occur from about 7pm-2am GMT as It's Tails! said, never had any trouble from 9am-5pm though, its just after that on weekdays, a little different on weekends, but I can't give you time for weekends when it happens.

I'm getting them a lot at 12pm-6pm CST... I think that's 6pm-12am in GMT, I'm not really all that great with time zones though lol :<

I just started getting errors at around just after 8pm GMT and still am and there are 124 (24 members and 100 guests) on-line when I was getting them if that helps

I just happened to me just now. I had to refresh the page three times. Here's the message I got:

Warning: Memcache::connect() [memcache.connect]: Can't connect to 127.0.0.1:11211, Connection timed out (110) in [path]/includes/class_datastore.php on line 222

Fatal error: Unable to connect to memcache server in [path]/includes/class_datastore.php on line 224

It's best just to wait until the admins of the Message Boards take care of the problem. Since it's not easy to fix, it may take a few more weeks. Just chill out or something. These problems will continue to happen maybe all day today for the rest of my afternoon and then tomorrow and then worse or better on the weekend. It depends on how fast or slow it gets fixed, IMO.

Well, for me, it was bad for a while, and then it stopped. Then started happening rarely, and now it's coming up, and I have to refresh a couple of times. I'm just wondering the cause of the problem.

And posting this... I got a memache error!

Well, it was bad for me around 3:20pm-sometime around 8:00pm. Pacific daylights. But now, it has calmed a bit, they still show up, but it's calmed.

I can't be terribly specific, I'm afraid, but most of mine seem to be early in the day. I have more trouble around noon or 2:30 AST (UTC-9, I believe) than I do later in the evening.

Last edited:
I can't say it isn't happening outside of these times, but I've been visiting after 9pm GMT the past couple of days and had some pretty bad cases of being shut down by memcache errors for up to about 5 minutes at a time.

Usually for me, it's fine until about 6:00 PM Eastern. It's really at night when it gets all glitchy. Since it's at night, it's probably because of all the people that come online. =/

I get one everytime I log on. Well, multiple, I gotta click back and try again. I typed my password 6 times! >.<

Please note: The thread is from 15 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom