• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Memory Link Feature

You know what's really funny? Cilan in the anime is portrayed as a powerful connoisseur, while Iris is portrayed as a Dragon Master in-training....who doesn't train. But in the games, we have Iris as Champion and Cilan sulking at how pathetically weak he is :p

Well that nixes the game version, but the manga version suggests otherwise. :D

Well I can hope, right?

Watch, the manga rewrites it so that the Shadow Triad were actually trying to frame the Striaton Triplets.

Haha, that's my favorite Memory Link!
They should count their blessings though Cilan doesn't have Crustle though, they would've been destroyed.

Corn: You... you're the Dark Trinity. But why are you here?
Dark: ...on a whim.
Dark: ...for a diversion.
Dark: ...to waste time.
925WM.jpg

These random cut-scenes would make more sense if the PC had a Dimensional Scream.

Also...Iris gets changed right in front of Drayden.

Last edited by a moderator:
The Emotion theme is abused in these games to an annoying degree. I thought that Game Freak knew what they were doing when they only used it once in the prequels.

The Emotion theme is abused in these games to an annoying degree. I thought that Game Freak knew what they were doing when they only used it once in the prequels.

I would have preferred if they used a more suitable soundtrack for each memory (doesn't even need to be a new song), I mean its kind of funny when you here Emotion in Skyla's Memory Link.

@Flare Blitz;
What do you mean?

I take that you can't access them after you already beaten the game? Oh well.
Four events (the ones dealing with Skyla and the Musicals, as well as the two Plasma-related ones) can be unlocked as soon as you reach the relevant areas during the main story.

EDIT: Pokémon Black 2 & Pokémon White 2 - Strong Trainers
On a side note, Memory Link also allows you to battle Cheren and Bianca, who use their B/W teams from your game. Too bad they couldn't expand this to the PC.

actually uh, about the cheren/bel battles.
well, more about cheren's. For some uncertain reason, Cheren has the wrong monkey? Not the exact same team. If he has Jalorda, he has Baokkie (and presumably the rest are switched around as well). Either this is a glitch/coding mistake, or... iunno. Bel's is still the correct monkey according to her post-game BW teams, just Cheren's is not. It doesn't seem to clarify why in-game either.

Oh and while I cut it out of the quote, Iris mentions Sinnoh legends in the memory link if I'm not remembering wrong (I'm too lazy to dig up pictures I took), so I think it's hinted she's from Sinnoh? I'd have to go look at the scene again, but I'm really sure she mentioned Sinnoh folk tales and such.

So its true. I guess Game Freak got kind of confused since they inverted the Monkey elements for Hugh.

So what is the Skyla/Elesa memory link thing even about? They never even met in BW1.

So what is the Skyla/Elesa memory link thing even about? They never even met in BW1.

They did meet... remembered all the Gym Leaders sans the Stration Bro's were at N's Castle... plus They probably new eachother before the game...

They did meet... remembered all the Gym Leaders sans the Stration Bro's were at N's Castle... plus They probably new eachother before the game...

Well yeah, but that was a given. A little foreshadowing that they knew each other would have been nice.

You can battle cheren and bianca with their BW team if you use this feature. Thats what i heard.

Oh and while I cut it out of the quote, Iris mentions Sinnoh legends in the memory link if I'm not remembering wrong (I'm too lazy to dig up pictures I took), so I think it's hinted she's from Sinnoh? I'd have to go look at the scene again, but I'm really sure she mentioned Sinnoh folk tales and such.
She only references the Sinnoh Folk Tales, it doesn't imply she comes from there.

Besides, Iris implies she is actually from Unova, even if adopted:
"You've been on a journey and seen a lot of the world. I'm like that, too! I'm from way out in the country. I'm really happy that I've gotten to meet lots of different people and Pokémon!!"

It's actually really hilarious. The general gist is that Kamitsure wants to change her image for a reason I forgot, and is asking Fuuro for help or whatever. The scene involves some painful puns from Kamitsure as well, which Fuuro kinda seems to, like, cringe at hahaha
She only references the Sinnoh Folk Tales, it doesn't imply she comes from there.

Besides, Iris implies she is actually from Isshu, even if adopted
Kays, My memory's a bit fuzzy on exact lines and I'm too lazy to look back at the scenes to reread through it in full a lot of the time :V

It's actually really hilarious. The general gist is that Kamitsure wants to change her image for a reason I forgot, and is asking Fuuro for help or whatever. The scene involves some painful puns from Kamitsure as well, which Fuuro kinda seems to, like, cringe at hahaha

That makes the use of the Emotion theme really inappropriate...I start to wonder if they even thought that through. So they created a memory link to justify why she's the only one who got a wardrobe change? I don't really see why its needed to justify people changing clothes over a two-year period.

Adeku had Iris fight him, and she won.
There you have it folks; she beat Alder.

I haven't seen the clip but from reading the post it read that Iris beat Drayden. Is it definitely that she beat Alder?

I guess that the anime writers will shed light on their version of the story once Iris meets Drayden. But her flashback episode certainly didn't imply that Drayden brought her to Unova, and one would think that Iris wouldn't tease Ash about not being familiar with Unova if she shared that experience.

I think it'd be quite funny actually, Iris constantly chastising Ash for being "such a kid" for not knowing stuff then revealing later on, maybe from Drayden that when she came she made the same mistakes.

Besides, Iris implies she is actually from Unova, even if adopted:
"You've been on a journey and seen a lot of the world. I'm like that, too! I'm from way out in the country. I'm really happy that I've gotten to meet lots of different people and Pokémon!!"

Yes but in the Pokemon world region =/= country. She could be from outside Unova but still in the same country.

I haven't seen the clip but from reading the post it read that Iris beat Drayden. Is it definitely that she beat Alder?
The Memory Link event pertains to her battle against Alder.

I think it'd be quite funny actually, Iris constantly chastising Ash for being "such a kid" for not knowing stuff then revealing later on, maybe from Drayden that when she came she made the same mistakes.
It would be interesting, but it seems to me that the anime writers moved the Dragon Village to Unova. Iris received Axew from the village elder, so she hasn't been on a journey for too long. Why, then, is she so familiar with Unova? Most likely because she's always lived there in the anime. In fact, Iris is definitely not a know-it-all considering how little she knows about Pokémon from the Japan-based regions; Ash could make fun of her for that.

Yes but in the Pokemon world region =/= country. She could be from outside Unova but still in the same country.
Indeed. We know from B2W2 that the Dragon Village is far from Unova, so it is definitely not in Unova itself even if it is part of the same country. "Way out in the country" also implies as much.

Last edited:
Please note: The thread is from 12 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom