• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Mafia Mentor Mafia Game: Rainbow Rocket Strikes Back - Endgame

I think the biggest mistake here was allowing self targeting, that was the reason why this conflict started in the first place.
That’s part of my point. I think if the bus driver was just one of the elements that made it so strong, we’d have no issue. But there were three elements that made it so strong.

Also I’m aware not telling a person they’re a miller is considered bastard. I would never do that and not label the game bastard because I wouldn’t want to deal with the complaints of it.

I’ve had games where I’ve been busses as The Godfather and stuff, so I might view it differently. I definitely think part of it is experience with the roles yourself on what’s fun and what’s not. Like I personally probably wouldn’t mind miller only because it would get mafia and town off my back immediately, unlesa I started looking threatening to mafia. But I can see how it looks boring to others.

If you target someone who gets swapped, you hit the person who got swapped in, that's how it works.
Bus Driver and Player B are swapped by the Bus Driver
If you target Player B, you can't be roleblocking Bus Driver because they already swapped, so the action does nothing, otherwise you'd block the Bus Driver but then you couldn't because they got blocked.
If you target the Bus Driver, you don't block them because they swapped with Player B, so Player B is roleblocked.
If the Bus Driver swaps Player B & Player C, but get roleblocked, nobody is swapped.

I really don't see the confusion.
Id just like to add from a players perspective, it was hella confusing, haha. Maybe not allowing self target wouldve avoided all the questions, but our chat devolved into "if we block A and target B and A swaps A and C...." because we couldnt follow it quite right. Just glancing at this description...
If you target the Bus Driver, you don't block them because they swapped with Player B, so Player B is roleblocked.
This sounds like bus driver went first, that can be explained by priority so long as its consistent. This means the block gets applied to whoever bus driver switched with. I can follow.
If the Bus Driver swaps Player B & Player C, but get roleblocked, nobody is swapped.
This sounds like priority went to roleblock though....I would expect this to happen as written, but this suggests priority is roleblock over bus driver...I think.
If you target Player B, you can't be roleblocking Bus Driver because they already swapped, so the action does nothing, otherwise you'd block the Bus Driver but then you couldn't because they got blocked.
So if I try to block player B it just fails outright? This sounds like bus driver has priority still but is definitely the most confusing case. Also it makes bus driver really strong to be able to block a block?

Also there was one point where it was possible for me to block Bus Driver, Bus Driver swaps with me, I shoot (a different player), and thus block my own shot, which could make sense in a fictional game such as this but logistically doesnt make a whole lot of sense.

Not trying to beat a dead horse, I agree bus driver is a good, "standard" role to have, but I do think making it so you cant use it on yourself wouldve helped some confusion. As of now, I can memorize/remember that bus driver swapping themselves goes before roleblock goes before swapping others, but the logic backing is missing for me...

This sounds like priority went to roleblock though....I would expect this to happen as written, but this suggests priority is roleblock over bus driver...I think.
Roleblock acts before Bus Driver unless the Bus Driver swaps themselves. If that makes sense?
So if I try to block player B it just fails outright? This sounds like bus driver has priority still but is definitely the most confusing case. Also it makes bus driver really strong to be able to block a block?
It's less blocking a block and more treating the Bus Driver as someone who doesn't have an action in such a situation.
Also there was one point where it was possible for me to block Bus Driver, Bus Driver swaps with me, I shoot (a different player), and thus block my own shot, which could make sense in a fictional game such as this but logistically doesnt make a whole lot of sense.
Well yes, but a person can't do two things to two different people at the same time logistically. Consider it your gun jamming up :p
It's not common that Mafia target the same person with multiple actions tbh.
Not trying to beat a dead horse, I agree bus driver is a good, "standard" role to have, but I do think making it so you cant use it on yourself wouldve helped some confusion. As of now, I can memorize/remember that bus driver swapping themselves goes before roleblock goes before swapping others, but the logic backing is missing for me...
I must agree, when I decided to make the Bus Driver self target, I certainly didn't anticipate that they'd use it every night on themselves. It's entirely my own fault.

It's not common that Mafia target the same person with multiple actions tbh.
Usually if multiple moves are used on one person it’ll be something like roleblcoking doc to kill doc. But roleblockong and rolecopping someone would be a weird combination.

Just a note for the new players, not arguing with you on that point Xinn.
I must agree, when I decided to make the Bus Driver self target, I certainly didn't anticipate that they'd use it every night on themselves. It's entirely my own fault.
The moment Human was his mentor you should have!

The Bus Driver and other roles were definitely stronger than Mafia's own roles, but Mafia's own numbers of 3 Mafia + 1 potential Mafia vs 8 Town + 1 potential Town (a 50% decision for either) makes up for that pretty evenly in my opinion.

Did you have fun?
Yes!

How was the flavour text? (The story in the phase updates)
It was great work by ME. However, :wynaut: drop some clues and let us flavor solve a bit?

How was the hosting? (eg. were the phases on time, were updates correct, etc.)
The staff hosted well. Darth wolf did a great job, in pinging for updates

What was your favourite part (eg. something funny or cool that happened)?
I was lynched just before I could post XD

Did you enjoy working together as a player / mentor?
Yes, Thank you LG. you taught me a lot about claiming and how to view the game from the mountain

Player Questions
Did you enjoy your role, and did you like how the Role PM was written?
This is my first time as a cop. However, i was lynched before I could actually use my ability which was a minor bummer

How did you hear about the game? (eg, Banner at the top of the forums, Discord, From a friend)
The announcement at the Garden Grotto

Do you think you’ll be intrested in playing more games here in The War Room after this game? Why / why not?
Yes

@DarthWolf @ZinnLav @Zachie
I was wondering why Officer Snake was not subbed out? They were absent for the entirety of Day 4.

This is my first time as a cop. However, I was lynched before I could actually use my ability which was a minor bummer
Why didn't you claim when you knew you were gonna get lynched? If you had claimed, things might have gone better. (I ain't blaming you for anything, don't worry.) Also, you didn't use your ability!? I thought Cop had unlimited uses?

Also, you didn't use your ability!? I thought Cop had unlimited uses?
I can answer this one. The first time was a legitimate mistake as he couldn't be around for the night phase. The second time you got us Roleblocked. There was no third time because we got lynched.

I was wondering why Officer Snake was not subbed out? They were absent for the entirety of Day 4.
Finding new subs for players was quite tough, so I didn't feel like it was worth the effort of finding a new player, who then gets thrown in the middle of the game and likely gets lynched soon anyway. It's not the first time he's been like this, which I'll keep in mind for future games. Their mentor also had some unrelated issues which caused them to not be able to push their player.
I can answer this one. The first time was a legitimate mistake as he couldn't be around for the night phase. The second time you got us Roleblocked. There was no third time because we got lynched.
You would have busted jamie if it was successful.

Back
Top Bottom