• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Mentor Program + Contact List

Status
Not open for further replies.
Basically, every community has its own personality. On the surface it's like some of the roles are different, things like that, but then the entire meta of the thing is different.
For example, where I'm from there's a few players that start the game off by acting aggressive and asking people questions. This replaces the random voting stage so random votes don't have a point there.
When no one acts aggressive like that to gather info it confuses me so it takes me longer to get into the game.
Another thing is that my home site doesn't allow outside communication except for specific roles, and in most cases that outside communication is only for the night phase.
Yet another is that there's more mafia per game on my homesite than other places I've played.

For example, where I'm from there's a few players that start the game off by acting aggressive and asking people questions. This replaces the random voting stage so random votes don't have a point there.

How does that work? I mean, it sounds like a really weird way to start a game.

Another thing is that my home site doesn't allow outside communication except for specific roles, and in most cases that outside communication is only for the night phase.
This site tends to not allow OC as much anymore either. I kinda find it weird when I do play an OC game these days.

How does that work? I mean, it sounds like a really weird way to start a game.
It might sound that way, but... well, it works. It might have something to do with that these aggressive players are some of our best, whether they're town or mafia.

85087.jpg

Lone_Garurumon said:
It means I should not be playing more than one mafia game at once
He says and then proceeds to sign up for 3 starting around the same time.

Hi everybody! Name's Lone_Garurumon, but you could probably tell that, congratulations. I've been around for about a year and a half now, fun fact: I never intended to stock around any longer than the Christmas Competitions back in 2015, heh, you can see how well that went. I decided I'd try this "mafia" thing I'd seen talked about late last year, and, well, you can see what happened there. I'm a huge fan of Pokemon (What? Really? On a Pokemon forum?), Digimon (What? Really? A guy who named himself after Garurumon is a fan of Digimon?), Sonic the Hedgehog, and Kingdom Hearts. There's some other things too, but nothing close to the obsession I have with those. You wanna contact me, then just shoot me a PM or just find me on Discord (same name), I'm bound to get back to you eventually.

Play style: Yes. I'm sure I have one of those, I'm just not terribly sure what it is... Uhh... I tend to stay quiet about reads and stuff during Night Phases so Scum don't get anything to work with?
Willing to Mentor: Hahahahahahaaaaa, no, I'd have no idea what I'd be able to teach.
Looking for a mentor to improve:
  • My ability to make reads when Town: I could be worse at this, but I can have trouble picking out statements that seem wrong.
  • My Scum play: I've only done this once, and apparently I did fairly well, managing to stay roughly in the middle of undetermined for most players, but I'd like to see if I can get some way to do better.
  • My hosting ability: I haven't done this yet, but I've got a game in the queue, and some games in the works,
    • Aspects of hosting I can foresee myself needing advice on:
      • Keeping track of things such as votes and player OC contact
      • Flavour text writing (I enjoy writing but I'm not sure how good I'd be at it)
      • Game balancing
I have an update to this thing, now that I've played some actual games as Mafia recently.
I've notice that I tend to freeze up when accused. If it's some kind of early game thing with little basis, I think I'm ok, but anything late-game or with actual evidence behind it and I just freeze up. Making good fake-claims would also be a part of this.

AussieEevee
Timezone: GMT+8
Discord: heroicpooch #3149
twitter: @Aussie_Eevee Link
AIM: heroicpooch
gmail: [email protected]
Bulbagarden IRC: heroicpooch
QT: HeroicPooch
Just FTR... This is out of date...

My Discord is AussieEevee#3149

and I no longer use QT, gmail, aim, or skype.. and my twitter feed is absolute chaos. View at your own peril :p

6f90c9974f360435b39fdf4fb80ed3ed--number--fire-emblem-awakening.jpg

The first Mafia game I've played in years and of course I was killed first. Whatever, gl town I guess.

Sultan of Skook/leetic

I've definitely had an interesting relationship with the War Room. Originally joining in the 2016 season in Hogwarts Mafia, a game which I was mostly inactive. Little did people expect that I would soon become a mod of this place, being the D'Artagnan to the Handsome Three. I later ended up getting banned, but that's a story for another day - the important thing is, I'm back. I'm still getting back into this a little, but I'll be there soon. Due to my ability to evade an almost certain expulsion from the community, I guess that makes me the Restless Spirit. Other stuff about me, I am from the Coal Region in eastern Pennsylvania. My hobbies include singing, reading, and sleeping. I am a fan of Pokémon and British comedies such as Monty Python. I would like to be a physicist someday.

Willing to mentor for playing: Sure, I guess, but don't expect anything too amazing
Mentoring Skills: Strategizing as scum.
Playstyle: A bit hit or miss, depends on how much activity I am able to conjure. Typically try to push players during D1, then start analyzing later.
Looking for a mentor to improve my play: Yes
Alignment: All, but mainly town
Goals: Improve my early game play, try not to be scumread by people, better reads

Willing to mentor for hosting: Yes
Mentoring Skills: Mostly making a fun setup.
Looking for a mentor to improve my hosting: Yes
Goals: Better flavor text, I suppose

Notable games:

Town: Christmas Mafia (first real performance, slightly helped town achieve the win), Murder, She Wrote 2 (marked an improvement in town play), I Can't Believe It's Not War Room Mafia Mafia (by far my best performance as town), Attack on Titan Mafia (offsite, but was one of my better showings as town (even if the town lost))
Mafia: Fruit Bowl Mafia (first outing as scum, overcame early bad luck to seal the win), Corrupt!? Mafia (overall well played game, didn't lose any scum players)
Host: Monty Python Mafia (first hosted game, cohosted with SoaringDylan), US Presidential Election 2016 Mafia (my current favorite game I hosted), Gameshow Mafia (this one was mostly Jsach though)

Time zone: GMT -4
Discord: leetic#7015

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom