• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Contest Metagross vs. Hydreigon

Metagross used to be my favorite pseudo legendary, but Hydreigon's awesome design made it take this spot.

Who would win?

Probably Hydreigon in most cases.

Who do you prefer?

Hydreigon, better design.

Who is more useful?

Hmmm....I have to go with Metagross on this one, although not by much.

They're both very good Pokemon, but I prefer Metagross. Hydreigon has an awesomely cool typing, but neither of its type defend each other from their weaknesses, unlike Steel/Psychic, one of my favourite combinations in the game. Metagross has great all round stats aside from its speed, which can easily be fixed with Bullet Punch or Agility, and a strong physical attacker who is immune to Intimidate is never a bad thing. Hydreigon's 98 base speed also ticks me off.

Like them both, but I'll go with Metagross, as I like its design better, it has a cooler Shiny form, and is pretty unusual for a pseudo-legendary.

I quite like both, but I'm giving it to Hydreigon purely cause I like it's name better and I just like the dark and dragon-type a bit more than steel-type. I also actually use Hydreigon more than Metagross, mostly because I'm unusually lazy in regards to evolving the Beldum line for some reason.

Please note: The thread is from 2 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom