• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Contest Metagross vs. Tyranitar

Ranger Jack Walker

Not a Power Ranger
Reaction score
metagross.png
vs.
248.png

Battle of the Pseudo-Legendaries!

Metagross, the steel/psychic robot like thing. One of Gen III's 600 BST powerhouses. It has a signature move of sorts.

Tyranitar, the green dinosaur is Gen II's 600 BST powerhouse.

Who do like more?

Who is more useful?

Who would win in a battle?

Who has the better design?

I like Metagross more. I find it to be more useful and think it has the better design. In a battle between the two, however, T-tar would win.

I see why they fit. They're the two non-Dragon-type pseudo-legendaries.

I prefer Tyranitar, though it is a close call. But if the two were to fade off, Metagross would win. Why? Two words: Meteor Mash.

Like: Metagross, cause it is shiny

Battle: Well, now with the Choice Scarf pursuit, I have to go with the Tar.

I'm not sure which I prefer. I liked Tyranitar until my friend pointed out that whenever Metagross is released in Smash Bros Brawl he screams what sounds like "GENITALS!". So now I burst into laughter whenever I see Metagross. Tyranitar has the better design, but Metagross would likely win in battle due to its insane moveset. Most useful would be a tie, since they are both difficult to obtain and serve no real purpose more than being a tank.

"Moveset" was my way of reiterating "Meteor Mash" without being a copycat.

Tyranitar has the better design and movepool, plus it's the only pokemon that is Rock/Dark. I love it, it will always be my favorite of the pseudos.

I'm not sure which I prefer. I liked Tyranitar until my friend pointed out that whenever Metagross is released in Smash Bros Brawl he screams what sounds like "GENITALS!". So now I burst into laughter whenever I see Metagross. Tyranitar has the better design, but Metagross would likely win in battle due to its insane moveset. Most useful would be a tie, since they are both difficult to obtain and serve no real purpose more than being a tank.

I lol'd at that, and you're right, it does :expect:.

Anyway, I'm going with T-tar for design. Metagross would win in a fight though.

Metagross, because I like Pokémon that are both Bulky and Offensive.

Tyranitar because I always think of Metagross scampering across the floor and bumping into things like a motorized vacuum.

Metagross, 'cause it looks so cool as shiny with it's golden "X"

T-Tar in general, I like it's design so much more. It has a better movepool too. It can sweep from both sides of the spectrum and it's ability makes it even more of a tank than it already was. In a battle, I dunno who'd win cuz I haven't memorized their speed stats. The faster one would win. If Metagross goes first, he can Meteor Mash T-Tar to hell. If T-tar is faster, Fire Blast/EQ will do it.

Metagross' shiny is better than T-Tar's though.

Metagross can easily survive T-tar's Earthquake due to that base 130 Defense.

Metagross, for many reasons. Great typing, Meteor Mash, Hammer Arm vs Tyranitar, better design, plus it's a fucking super computor on four legs, that beats a big green dinosaur (even though a Tyranitar is fine awesome too.

Who do like more?
Tyranitar

Who is more useful?
Tyranitar imo

Ooo tough one...I'll say Metagross because of the STAB and Super Effective moves.

Eh...Tyranitar

I like them both a lot though, Tyranitar just a bit more ^_^

Who do like more?

Metagross. It looks so cool.

Who is more useful?

Metagross. The lack of a 4x weakness, and its monstrous attack and defense make it amazingly useful.

Metagross is faster and has access to hammer arm, which would 1 hit ko Ttar

Metagross.

Metagross is more useful than Tyranitar. It has only 2 weaknesses, multiple resistances & super high def. It also looks so cool, robotic & futuristic. It's like super genius robot gone mad!! VS a prehistoric cave habitant dinosaur!!

Please note: The thread is from 2 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom