• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Contest Metagross vs. Tyranitar

I like Metagross more due to the fact that it stands to me as the more interesting one, because it looks robotic and strong, and its design is unique too. As for the battle between the two, Metagross is faster and more defensive, and can exploit Tyrannitar's many weaknesses for more damage, especially Steel (Metagross has priority, STAB and Meteor Mash), Ground (Earthquake!) and Fighting, especially Fighting.

Metagross will pwn all of you who wrote Tyranitar.

It's the only pseudo that doesn't have a 4x weakness. That makes it epic. Also, I don't like Rock types. But that's just me.

Last edited:
Who do like more?
Tyranitar.
Who is more useful?
Metagross
Who would win in a battle?
Metagross
Who has the better design?
Metagross.

Heck yeah Metagross. This is a short explination why...
METEOR MASH METEOR MASH METEOR MASH METEOR MASH METEOR MASH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Tryanitar. Sandstorm maker and has the best movepool. Not to mention it learns Dragon Dance and Rock Polish.

Who do like more? Tyranitar

Who is more useful? Metagross

Who would win in a battle? Metagross

Who has the better design? Tyranitar

Ohmy what a tie. Tyranitar for me.

Metagross is my favorite pseudo, it would win in a battle, and it is epically useful on my team in Emerald, a little more useful than Tyranitar in Heartgold.

I prefer Metagross in terms of battle capabilities. It has a very cool Type combination, despite it not being unique since it first came out. I like the blue color, the fact it's huge, its Shiny form, and all its sheer power. Also, Meteor Mash and Explosion. Arguably the best Exploder in the game, Lickilicky's STAB Explosion nonwithstanding. Maybe.

I like Tyranitar's design a lot too, as well as his Type combination. Sand Stream kinda lowered my steem on him, though. Not that it's bad, but I don't like giving everything Leftovers to offset it, or being forced to have another Weather move so I can remove it when it's not used anymore, or having to build my Team with it in mind. I wish Tyranitar had an alternate Ability, but alas.

In a battle, they're pretty even. I think Agility Metagross would have the upper hand. But yep, it basically depends on who hits first and harder, and the Moveset.

I like Tyranitar because he's like Dragonite's relative with the whole level thing since he also evolves at lv55 except its a bit easier than a Dragonair plus Tyranitar can be a real killer...only drawback is automatic Sandstorm when entering battle soI have a Typlosion with Sunny Day move

Tyranitar has always been my favorite pseudo-legendary in every way, but I'd put Metagross at a close second... I think Metagross would probably pull through in a battle, but it's still a close call.

Who do like more?
- Only used Tyranitar, but I'd like to give Meta a change here.
But by the looks and feeling, Metagross.

Who is more useful?
- Let's think this one then...The other summons you a sandstorm, that can be nasty on your team too...
The other's stats can't be lowered by enemy.
The other one HAS to make a leave, when a fighting type enters and the other one may try it's luck to fight back with Zen Headbutt.
Meh...I say Metagross, since it never kill'd my team with it's sandstorm...

- Metagross. Tyranitar has EQ, but Meta will survive since it's not STAB and Meta has incredible defence.
The Meta uses STAB Meteor Smash which propably rises it's ATK and the next turn we have a bullet punch finishing the job.

- Meh...Really like both of 'em. But maybe Metagross.

Vote goes to?
- Meta.

Metagross, two reasons.

1) favoritism towards Metagross
2) The Physical advantage one has over Tyranitar. One well placed Fighting move on Tyranitar, form Metagross, it's gone...

Who do like more?
Metagross

Who is more useful?
Metagross gets Stealth Rock and Explosion for low health.

Tyranitar, it gets EQ.

Metagross all the way dude.

Who do like more?
Metagross

Who is more useful?
Metagross

Metagross (Using Hammer Arm)

Metagross

(I'm Pro-Metagross)

Tyranitar is part Dark type AND can learn Flamethrower. Metagross's argument is invalid.

Please note: The thread is from 2 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom