• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Contest Metagross vs. Tyranitar

Who do like more?
The T-Rex
Who is more useful?
*Shrug*
Who would win in a battle?
Dunno.
Who has the better design?
The UFO

I like them about equally, but my vote goes to Ttar.

I like both of these a lot. In a battle, I think that Metagross would win. But I choose Tyranitar because of its design.

Metagross is the winrar. Meteor Msh severely hurts Tyranitar, and if a Metagross comes in with Hammer Arm...

I actually prefer Tyranitar, though. Partly because it's Dark-type, LOL. That auto-sandstorm is pretty cool, and so is Dragon Dance and that crazy movepool. It can also viably hit from the Special side, where it still has a big movepool.

Tyranitar is part Dark type AND can learn Flamethrower. Metagross's argument is invalid.

But... Flamethrower wouldn't do much damage at all, because of Metagross's defenses and Tyranitar's lack of STAB/poor Special attack.

I believe Metagross is faster right? It's immune to Sandstorm, as well. Can learn Magnet Rise. STAB Meteor Mash.

Metagross would most definitely win in a battle. It's also my favorite of the two overall.

Tyrannitar being a dark type only hinders him against metagross. It offers T-tar no offensive advantages against Metagross.

I'm loving th surge in votes that Metagross has gotten suddenly.

Aside from people liking T-tar by its looks, how is T-tar up in the polls, when people are well aware of its type disadvantages?

Looks basically. T-tar is prominent member of the old favourites club and has been a favourite of many since Gen II and I can certainly seee why. HE's a great Pokemon. I like Metagross much more though. :)

i prefer metagross it broke teh speudo legendary pattern of dragon types and really just stands out as a pokemon

as for in a battle? thats a tough call as it would depend on the move set and the skill of the person uising them but i still vote for the meta

vote to Metagross

with a faster base speed, either a stab meteor punch or a hammer would knock T-Dark out of the game.

Also who doesn't think that GF should have given Meta Levitate as a Dream Ability. What the hell was GF thinking giving Meta Light Metal, I mean either give Him something useful or don't bother giving him a DW ability at all.

Yeah, it is a rather useless ability, although I guess it could be used to lessen low kick damage? Yay?

Anyway, I prefer both equally. Meta would win in a fight, but Tyranitar is an awesomely designed pokemon. My gave tyras are the dark tyranitar card from rocket returns, and the epic dark tyra in movie #4. meta is just a beast in-game, although it should be catchable before the elite four in the games :(

Tyranitar. Let's see what would happen in bot battle and looks:

Battle: Tyranitar is Dark/Rock. Metagross is Steel/Psychic. Yup, you all can see where this is going. Tyranitar gets STAB Dark Pulse and Crunch, as well as Stone Edge and Rock Slide. It can pwn Metagross with Earthquake and Flamethrower.

Design: Metagross looks like a demented crab imo. Tyranitar, on the other hand, is more original, and rembles a cool green dinosaur with armore. In the end, my vote is for Tyranitar.

Final Decision: Tyranitar.

Yeah, it is a rather useless ability, although I guess it could be used to lessen low kick damage? Yay?
Nay. With half its weight, Metagross is still heavy enough to take the full impact of Low Kick. So, yeah. Useless.

I say metagross would win. I've beater a tyranitar with metagross. Here's how it went:
"Metagross used hammer arm!"
Tyranitar fainted!"

Tyranitar. Let's see what would happen in bot battle and looks:

Battle: Tyranitar is Dark/Rock. Metagross is Steel/Psychic. Yup, you all can see where this is going. Tyranitar gets STAB Dark Pulse and Crunch, as well as Stone Edge and Rock Slide. It can pwn Metagross with Earthquake and Flamethrower.

Design: Metagross looks like a demented crab imo. Tyranitar, on the other hand, is more original, and rembles a cool green dinosaur with armore. In the end, my vote is for Tyranitar.

Final Decision: Tyranitar.

No. Metagross's Steel typing resists the Dark attacks that would be normally SE, so he takes neutrel damage.

Also, something like a Choice Banded, 252 Attack EVd Metagross sending out a STAB SE Bullet Punch would more than likely OHKO Tyranitar.
Coupled with that is Metagross's cool design and super-computer-ness and he is my choice.

Please note: The thread is from 2 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom