• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Metronome Moments

In two separate battles I had my Togetic use Metronome and he ended up using Roar of Time and Judgment (pretty awesome moment).

I once used my Lv. 5 Togepi on a Zigzagoon. It murdered it with Metronome's Sacred Fire.

I'm generally unlucky when I use metronome. Although, I did once get Judgement, that was pretty awesome.

My friend almost KO'd my Gardevoir once with a Togepi by getting Extrasensory, Earthquake, Flash Cannon, and X-Scissor in a row. Gardevoir also flinched from Extrasensory because she was paralyzed previously.

I don't like using the move, but once I was fighting a Clefairy with an Infernape.
Infernape used Close Combat
Clefairy lives. uses Metronome
Metronome turns into Aeroblast
Inferanpe fainted!

Last night I was playing HeartGold, trying to level up Togepi a little bit. I was in Bugsy's gym and he sends out Kakuna...

Togepi used Metronome!
Togepi used Selfdestruct!
Kakuna evaded the attack!

I don't even have a proper reaction image to post a mfw... I didn't even know that was possible.

Last night I was playing HeartGold, trying to level up Togepi a little bit. I was in Bugsy's gym and he sends out Kakuna...

Togepi used Metronome!
Togepi used Selfdestruct!
Kakuna evaded the attack!

I don't even have a proper reaction image to post a mfw... I didn't even know that was possible.

will this do:

20tfqqp.gif

I came across a wild in SoulSilver. I sent out Togekiss, who I was leveling up to face Red. I used Metronome, for fun. It turned into Transform. Thank god that that Magikarp knew Tackle. I killed it in one blow.
Then I was facing Red. We were both on our last Pokemon. He had Charizard and I had Togekiss. I had two HP left and he was at full health. I ran out of items except for three Awakenings and a Guard Spec. I wasn't going to use them anyways. I find those items unhelpful. I only had PP in Metronome. I used it. Rest. I now am in love with Chesto Berries. I thought it would never help me out but it did. Then I kicked his ass with a Rock Slide. Woot!

I'm not sure if a battle on the URPG counts but.....

So I'm having a Metronome battle. I have 1 HP left and my opponent has 59. I'm confused and what does my Togepi use? IMPRISON!!! Then I know I'm still screwed since he's going to use struggle, well thanks to a rock polish earlier I was faster and went first and then I used....HYPERVOICE!!! INSTAKILL!!!! I will never forget that as long as I live.

I haven't really had any memorable Metronomes. The worst I've had is Splash when Togekiss was my last Pokémon, and my best was Hyper Beam.

It wasn't me, it was actually a random battler in the Battle Tower in Pearl, in 2008, iirc...

A Clefairy used Metronome, and out came Judgment... o.o

will this do:

20tfqqp.gif

That's pretty close.

Anyway, again today Scramble pulled Shadow Force and Psycho Boost in back to back battles vs wild Onix and Sandshrew. Why can't I get good moves in gym battles?

One time, My Mankey got Judgement while holding his respective plate(move teacher in FireRed, migrated it). It was a critical hit, and it took down a Lopunny 10 levels ahead of it. Besies catching Ho-oh with a regular Pokeball, that was the luckiest thing that ever happened to me.

Lol, the best I managed was an Entei and Giratina (the latter isn't too impressive) in greatballs, well, in the DS games, anyway. For some reason, most catches in the 4th gen seem to be harder than in Gen 3, yah.

Save for the obvious exceptions of Zapdos, Groudon, Mewtwo, you know.

On a humorous note, whenever my kid brat was struggling with a legendary, I always yelled, "Press the damn A button like you mean it, little bitch!". He ended up wasting his Masterball on a Moltres, lol.

On a humorous note, whenever my kid brat was struggling with a legendary, I always yelled, "Press the damn A button like you mean it, little bitch!".

...ROTFLMAO what the- (Shot with a spacial rend)

Anyway. I think I once used Doom Desire with metrenome, too.

Never trust Togepi. That thing is EVIL!

I always use a Togetic in the games since I love the Togepi line. Thing is, I always tend to rely on Metronome since most of it's other moves don't do much damage. I've had my share of Fling, Splash, Natural Gift, you name it. It's only helped me out once, when it turned into Perish Song and the opponent fainted 3 turns later. It seems like Metronome always turns into something useless at some critical moment in the games. It's annoying.

My Togekiss vs Lance's Dragonite.

Both In Red HP

Togekiss Used Metronome!

Togekiss Used Growl!

Dragonite Used Thunder!

Togekiss Fainted!

Bill Whited out!

FFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUU

Please note: The thread is from 13 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom