• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Mew and Arceus theory?

Sonickapple

Reaction score
So me and a buddy were watching Pokemon the first movie, and we were discussing mew.

Mew is said to contain the DNA of all Living Pokemon, which would make it seem as the creator of all pokemon, but then We remembered that Arceus is reserved as the creator of all Pokemon. So would that make Mew the first pokemon he ever created, and that he modeled all pokemon after from Mew?

So me and a buddy were watching Pokemon the first movie, and we were discussing mew.

Mew is said to contain the DNA of all Living Pokemon, which would make it seem as the creator of all pokemon, but then We remembered that Arceus is reserved as the creator of all Pokemon. So would that make Mew the first pokemon he ever created, and that he modeled all pokemon after from Mew?

Well.. the Dragon and K+Lake Trio were created from Arceus and the Weather Trio came from the Earth Sea and Sky.

The Regi's were created by Regigigas but we don't know how he was made... I thnk most of the Legends were created independly or by Arceus and the normal pokemon evovled from Mew

Arceus created Mew, infused with all the DNA and such.

Mew created everything else.

Sounds good?

Um wasn't it Arceus>Dialga+Palika+Giratina>Azelf+Uxie+Mesprit>Mew>everything else?

Well Imention this because Arceus is being treated the same way mew was way back when as " The god of all pokemon" could have been argued to it, as it has the DNA of ALL pokemon, including Arceus and The rest of the legionaries. It is ever stated it is limited to common pokemon

I've always viewed it like this.

Mew is a legendary pokemon, incredibly rare and no man or woman of science has been able to study it closely. And, being legendary, there would be, well, legends around it. Explanations for what the researchers have no explanations for. Like how back in the early days people used to think that storms meant god was angry because they had no idea or explanation.

It may not even have any DNA at all except its own. Or if the "rumours" are indeed true, saying it has all of everything's DNA could be an exaggeration brought on by the fact that nobody really knows for sure. Mew is shrouded in mystery to both the people of the Pokemon universe as well as us.

And, let's not forget that Arceus being the "creator of all" is just based on Sinnoh legends. People in Kanto/Johto/Hoenn could believe different things, like Mew being the creator of all. After all, no one has seen Arceus creating life before (the events of the movie are a bit foggy, so I may be wrong on this).

I have a feeling someone will mention that "but the games/anime state this, it must be fact!". While we'd all hope this to be true, it's a common thing to see where the game is designed around what the people inside the world think. The scientists could generally believe that Mew has all the DNA, but have no proof. While that may or may not be the designers' intent when it comes to Mew's backstory, it certainly brings a level of atmosphere.

*ramble ramble ramble*

I agree. The whole "Arceus is God" thing to me is just a Sinnoh Legend. IMO, Arceus didn't LITERALLY create everything. Arceus may be powerful but it didn't create the universe that's just seems silly to me.

Let's say...
Mew is the common genetic ancestor to all pokemon (excluding a few of the legendaries). It's the first real pokemon.

Last edited:
Well, Mew is said to contain the DNA of all the Pokémon, aparently confirmed by the scientist at Cinnebar, but, Do the scientist at Cinnebar KNOW the DNA of all Pokémon? No, they don't, probably Mew have DNA of Pokémon like Arcanine, Politoed, Tropius, etc, because scientist DO know the DNA of those Pokémon, but they don't know the DNA of Pokémon like Giratina, because they can't get samples of Giratina's DNA, mainly bacause they've never seen it!

So, Do Mew have the DNA of all DNA -checked Pokémon? Yes.
Do Mew have the DNA of Pokémon whose DNA is unknown? Maybe some of them, like the Bird Trio, but not of others like Arceus, Lake Trio, Dragon Trio, Weather Trio...

Please note: The thread is from 14 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom