• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

"Mew and the Wave-Guiding Hero Lucario" DVD

inu-liger

Reaction score
So, who's ordered, or ordering this from Japan? It comes out this week on Thursday the 22nd!

I've ordered a copy already from CDJapan (for a friend in Norway, but I get to borrow it for a few days to watch myself), and the money is nearly close to being delivered in the mail (it's registered, so I can trace it :ksmile:), so hopefully it will get there just in time, if not before the day of release.

Since I don't have high-speed Internet anymore, I'm going to have to resort to obeying the law and actually ordering the DVD :rolleyes:

Actually, I plan to eventually get all the movies on Region 2 DVD, but for the moment I can only afford to get the Lucario one.

I'd consider it...hmm..What sort of costs have you found? Reasonable? Iknow it'll be showing at the AnimeNorth's pokemon thing in May, but I might not be around for that... How fast do subs come out these days?
*is a bad person*
I have 1-3 on VHS thanks to the wonder of E-Bay. I'd love to have them all that way, but it's hard to find anything affordably anymore.

Can't play anything but region 1. Have to wait til it's dubbed... which is taking forever... grrr...

"Taking forever?" It's a late Houen League / Early Battle Frontier movie. At least let Ash and the gang get to the Grand Festival in the US before you start asking for the Lucario film. Sheesh.

I have it ordered on express.

In fact, I think it could have been shipped by now. (My last order with Amazon was delivered 2 weeks ahead of their earliest prediction.)

I Pre-Ordered mine a month ago, but I probably won't get it till early January. Looking forward to this movie.

I ordered my copy in October and it won't come in until around late December.

peanutbuttermewtwo said:
I'd consider it...hmm..What sort of costs have you found? Reasonable?

It was reasonable, IMO, since I ordered it from CDJapan.

Including normal air mail to Canada, it cost me $35.70 US (but I sent $36 US in cash since they only take bills, and thus got 36 frequent shopper's points added to my account in addition to the 119 points I get when it ship. Of course, in an ironic twist of fate, later the same day that I sent out the cash registered in the Post Office, I found out about Money Mart offering new debit-credit MasterCards which JUST came out that day as well, which made me upset, cos if I had known about that before, I could've saved $12.85 CDN on registered letter and stamp costs! Oh well, c'est la vie :eek:hdear:)

I could have saved 300 Yen (about $3 US) by choosing SAL Economy Mail, but I decided not to.

I just got the DVD about 2 minutes ago! It looks really good, but I haven't watched it yet.

EDIT: I watched about 20 minutes of it, and it's really good.

Last edited:
So I just got the DVD in the mail today.

Is there a way to play the movie in widescreen on my PS2? It's only playing it in fullscreen at the moment, and it's really bugging me.

Anyone know where the cheapest price on it is? (lacks $, but needs more otaku cred)

There's some bloke on ebay who sells new and sealed Japanese Pokémon movies quite regularly between $6-$8. He may sell this here new one as well shortly too I suspect.

Somehow that's extremely hard to imagine, given the MSRP of ¥4,179 (approx. US$40).

I've bought from that guy before. Those DVD's are actually not legal copies, as they are subbed in English, which the official DVD's are not.

However, having said that, the one movie I bought so far off of him, which was movie 5, was very well-done as far as the subs went, save for a couple of space/spelling errors or so, tho it did not have the Pikachu short, nor did it have the clean credit opening and ending scenes (despite them being listed in the menus...it just goes to the actual movie versions). It did have the TV/theatrical(?) trailers tho, which was nice (but not subbed either).

And the menus were a bit squashed looking. It seems to me they were squashed down from the original widescreen aspect ratio to full screen(!). If I had a connection on my PC atm., I'd post a screencap to show you guys what I was talking about.

If you want to get these DVD's, I'd say go for it. But beware they're technically bootlegs. (Tho I want to get the Jirachi one badly....if only I had JUST a little bit more money ATM :p)

So does anyone know the answer to my question about the PS2?

EDIT: Nevermind, I figured it out. Can't wait to enjoy the movie now!

Last edited:
Please note: The thread is from 18 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom