• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Mew transform in the Anime

sc190191

more afraid of you
Reaction score
This is something I have thought about before as a fun idea even before a certain game (sort of) had an idea similar to it...
I am referring to Super Mystery Dungeon and how your friend is a reincarnation of Mew, wow when I saw Mew involved I was really excited hoping it was transformed as your companion, but it was still a pretty cool thing
But I think it would be cool if the anime did more with Mew's ability to transform. I even have considered it as a potential reason why Ash's Pikachu is so unusually good for a Pikachu. This isn't something I actually think they would do, but it is kind of cool to think about. In the 8th movie they showed that Mew can transform without having its target in front of it, unlike Ditto. This makes me wonder if it can stay transformed as any Pokemon. Considering how Transform works in the game, it has to end at some time and PP is reduced, etc, but in the Anime things work much differently. Although we don't know how long any particular Pokemon live (some are shown to be old like the Noctowl in that pilot episode, yet some are shown to live far longer than their trainers like the Ninetales that thought Brock was its trainer, or the other one in the treasure episode) and considering Mew's mythical status and many abilities one could think it could live a very long time. Living so long you might get bored, but if you had the ability to transform you could potentially spend entire life times as different types of Pokemon, even allow your self to be caught a few times and travel with trainers for a while and do a lot of different things. Anyway I think it would be neat to reveal an unusually strong Pokemon was transformed as a Mew after a long time, and even if we never see it, it is fun to think about.

If by ridiculous it means ridiculously creative, yeah I agree.

Probably will never happen, but if it did I am not sure if I can fix my jaw for the rest of my life.

Good theory, it would be a nice plot twist but maybe a bit too shocking. However, getting Mew was a very personal project for Giovanni, I imagine that if Ash's Pikachu would be Mew he would became more involved.

It would be the ultimate troll wouldn't it? I'd totally be up for it :p

With Mew, I've always felt it's been poorly exposed compared to its counterpart Mewtwo (which I was sad about as I liked Mew a lot as it looks so cute whereas Mewtwo looks...)
But now, so, so many years in, I kind of like the mystery associated with Mew. It's like in the games where no one really knew how to get one but there were so many rumours!

That being said, I'd still take some Mew coverage in the anime! Just as long as it can't talk telepathically... I like the idea you suggested of exploring its ability to transform - I agree that there's a lot they could do with that!!

It would be the ultimate troll wouldn't it? I'd totally be up for it :p

With Mew, I've always felt it's been poorly exposed compared to its counterpart Mewtwo (which I was sad about as I liked Mew a lot as it looks so cute whereas Mewtwo looks...)
But now, so, so many years in, I kind of like the mystery associated with Mew. It's like in the games where no one really knew how to get one but there were so many rumours!

That being said, I'd still take some Mew coverage in the anime! Just as long as it can't talk telepathically... I like the idea you suggested of exploring its ability to transform - I agree that there's a lot they could do with that!!
I too would like to see mew get even more backstory in the show and have it properly talk only because I think mewtwo just gets a little too much attention over the years.

If Ash's Pikachu is happened to be a Mew, then congratulation, another MS flame war is started. There add another glory page of Sueishness in his character profile.

If Ash's Pikachu is happened to be a Mew, then congratulation, another MS flame war is started. There add another glory page of Sueishness in his character profile.
First of all lollllllllllllllllll, 2nd Ash would never be the same if that happened and 3rd jesus if that happens then we are screwed all of us.

Wow that spoiler, you didn't even say what game or anything so it was literally a blind spoiler. At least say what's in there.

The Pokedex would probably show it as Mew.

Wow that spoiler, you didn't even say what game or anything so it was literally a blind spoiler. At least say what's in there.

The Pokedex would probably show it as Mew.
I intentionally didn't say the game because I thought it would give away the spoiler because of what I was talking about around it.

I didn't imagine the reaction to this would be so generally negative, I guess in the future I will keep my ideas to myself.

Please note: The thread is from 8 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom