• Hey guys! Have you heard? We now have popup
    Yes, Popups!
    messages for your forum posts. Learn more about it here!
  • To keep up with the hype driven by Sword and Shield's release, we are taking applications for new moderators in our Current Events: Sword and Shield as well as Anime and Manga sections.

For more information, see this thread.We hope you all consider joining our team!
  • We hope you're enjoying Sword and Shield so far! So that everyone can enjoy it and not be spoiled, please keep the all story spoilers and any images from the games in the appropriate sections or in spoiler tags until January 3rd.

Since spoiler tags are not allowed in signatures, please do not put images from the games in your signature either. You can list the names of new Pokémon if you want to list your team in your signature.

Mewtwo to feature in sixteenth movie: 'Extreme Speed Genesect: Mewtwo's Awakening' to

Dreams of electric Bulbasaur
Reaction score
Mewtwo to feature in sixteenth movie: 'Extreme Speed Genesect: Mewtwo's Awakening' to be full title

The full title of the sixteenth movie has been revealed to be Extreme Speed Genesect: Mewtwo's Awakening (神速のゲノセクト ミュウツー覚醒). Mewtwo will appear as a key character.

Read more on Bulbanews

Reaction score
Re: Mewtwo to feature in sixteenth movie: 'Extreme Speed Genesect: Mewtwo's Awakening

Hope mewtwo kicks genosects butt!!

Go mewtwo!!! Three films now!!!

初段黒帯空手家!
Reaction score
Re: Mewtwo to feature in sixteenth movie: 'Extreme Speed Genesect: Mewtwo's Awakening

I think Mewtwo is in this movie because Mewtwo and Genesect are both Pokémon which were created by humans from using an older Pokémon (although Genesect's counterpart hasn't been shown) but Mewtwo has already been distributed in Generation V by Wi-Fi connection so I hope a different Pokémon is distributed to celebrate the release of the movie such as Shiny ExtremeSpeed Genesect or Mew.

Reaction score

If one thinks about it, Genesect would be the perfect counter for Mewtwo (Bug type is super efective against psychic and steel renders Mewtwos STAB not very effective) except for two minor details: Mewtwo is faster and learns fire attacks.

Last edited:
Reaction score

Genesect wouldnt get a move off before fireblast killed him. Most likely thats why the film has 4 genesects to try and even it out.

But seriously this film is looking even better.

Plus Ofc the event has to be shiny genesect red. Mewtwo already been done :-D

cool & blue
Reaction score

This is going to be nothing short of EPIC.

I mean... wow, are they going to bring back Masachika Ichimura (the legend himself)
to reprise his role as the one and only Pokemon that has claimed to be world's most powerful?

I can only ask that if Mewtwo is there, Mr. Yuyama ought to make this movie as mature and hopefully as dark(-er) as the very first movie.

Reaction score

As Mewtwo is among my favorite fictional characters, I was instantly excited when I found out that Mewtwo will appear in the next Pokemon movie. That gives me a good reason to watch when I get the chance!

Reaction score

Why wouldn't it be the same Mewtwo? Just the one was a big deal—an expensive, involved project that proved to be a liability. What would they do, make a clone of a clone?

Last edited:
Elite Bulbapedian
Reaction score

Why wouldn't it be the same Mewtwo? Just the one was a big deal—an expensive, involved project that proved to be a liability. What would they do, make a clone of a clone?
We did have the mirage Mewtwo. But the other thing is that the Mewtwo Returns (this is the sequel, not the original) came out over 11 and a half years ago. The old Mewtwo just hasn't been in the anime for so long that they may create a new one. Or this could be for the long-time fans (my personal preference).

Reaction score

We did have the mirage Mewtwo. But the other thing is that the Mewtwo Returns (this is the sequel, not the original) came out over 11 and a half years ago. The old Mewtwo just hasn't been in the anime for so long that they may create a new one. Or this could be for the long-time fans (my personal preference).
Perhaps it may have something to do with the updated rereleases of the first five movies.

Reaction score

Wow! Mewtwo! This movie's gonna be epic! Can't wait for it!