• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Mewtwo to feature in sixteenth movie: 'Extreme Speed Genesect: Mewtwo's Awakening' to

Status
Not open for further replies.

BulbaBot

Dreams of electric Bulbasaur
Reaction score
Mewtwo to feature in sixteenth movie: 'Extreme Speed Genesect: Mewtwo's Awakening' to be full title

The full title of the sixteenth movie has been revealed to be Extreme Speed Genesect: Mewtwo's Awakening (神速のゲノセクト ミュウツー覚醒). Mewtwo will appear as a key character.

Read more on Bulbanews

Re: Mewtwo to feature in sixteenth movie: 'Extreme Speed Genesect: Mewtwo's Awakening

Hope mewtwo kicks genosects butt!!

Go mewtwo!!! Three films now!!!

Re: Mewtwo to feature in sixteenth movie: 'Extreme Speed Genesect: Mewtwo's Awakening

I think Mewtwo is in this movie because Mewtwo and Genesect are both Pokémon which were created by humans from using an older Pokémon (although Genesect's counterpart hasn't been shown) but Mewtwo has already been distributed in Generation V by Wi-Fi connection so I hope a different Pokémon is distributed to celebrate the release of the movie such as Shiny ExtremeSpeed Genesect or Mew.

If one thinks about it, Genesect would be the perfect counter for Mewtwo (Bug type is super efective against psychic and steel renders Mewtwos STAB not very effective) except for two minor details: Mewtwo is faster and learns fire attacks.

Last edited:

Genesect wouldnt get a move off before fireblast killed him. Most likely thats why the film has 4 genesects to try and even it out.

But seriously this film is looking even better.

Plus Ofc the event has to be shiny genesect red. Mewtwo already been done :-D

This is going to be nothing short of EPIC.

I mean... wow, are they going to bring back Masachika Ichimura (the legend himself)
to reprise his role as the one and only Pokemon that has claimed to be world's most powerful?

I can only ask that if Mewtwo is there, Mr. Yuyama ought to make this movie as mature and hopefully as dark(-er) as the very first movie.

As Mewtwo is among my favorite fictional characters, I was instantly excited when I found out that Mewtwo will appear in the next Pokemon movie. That gives me a good reason to watch when I get the chance!

Why wouldn't it be the same Mewtwo? Just the one was a big deal—an expensive, involved project that proved to be a liability. What would they do, make a clone of a clone?

Last edited:

Why wouldn't it be the same Mewtwo? Just the one was a big deal—an expensive, involved project that proved to be a liability. What would they do, make a clone of a clone?

We did have the mirage Mewtwo. But the other thing is that the Mewtwo Returns (this is the sequel, not the original) came out over 11 and a half years ago. The old Mewtwo just hasn't been in the anime for so long that they may create a new one. Or this could be for the long-time fans (my personal preference).

We did have the mirage Mewtwo. But the other thing is that the Mewtwo Returns (this is the sequel, not the original) came out over 11 and a half years ago. The old Mewtwo just hasn't been in the anime for so long that they may create a new one. Or this could be for the long-time fans (my personal preference).

Perhaps it may have something to do with the updated rereleases of the first five movies.

Wow! Mewtwo! This movie's gonna be epic! Can't wait for it!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom