• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

MFreak lives

MFreak

Chaotic Evil
Reaction score
You guys probably do not remember me, but I used to run The Complete Sprite Group back when it was the most active spriting group on the forums. Though the group died a long time ago I figured I'd swing by and say that I'm still kicking and spriting. Some random recent work-

Fennekin
fennekin_sprite_by_themfreak-d5qv1an.png

another in my own style
fennekin_sprite_2_by_themfreak-d5qvwtp.png

2 NES Cover designs
amaterasu3.png

Im not a brony, but my GF is a fan, so I designed this as a shirt for her.
RainboomPublic.png

Some other junk
DinOriginal.png
GoldFloppy1.png
Cuddles-1.png
junk.png

And lastly, the Pyro playing banjo
the_pyro_connection_by_themfreak-d5l2iiq.png

Attachments

• fennekin_sprite_by_themfreak-d5qv1an.png
    fennekin_sprite_by_themfreak-d5qv1an.png
    5.3 KB · Views: 144
MFreak! It's been a while. Dunno if you remember who I am, but back when you were first here, I really liked your sprite work because, damn, you have skill. And I see that you've been keeping up with it.

Everything is great, but for ones that stood out to me personally... I really like the Super Rainbow Dash Entertainment System design! It's really well made! Also, dat Frankenstein.

Many thanks man. I've been working more on digital art lately, but I still like to do spriting in my free time.

Recently out of boredom I starting making an entire game map out of original tile sprites.

A few areas. The entire game is split up into areas of 16x16 tiles, with each tile being 16x16 pixels. I used only 4 colors to keep it in the style of classic gameboy games.
examples-1.png

Unfortunately I am terrible at coding, so if anything it'll just end up being a giant piece of art and not a functional game.

EDIT: I'm trying out some new grass tiles. Here is a current test I'm liking. You can compare it to the bottom left image above which is of the same
AnotherExample.png

Last edited:
Many thanks man. I've been working more on digital art lately, but I still like to do spriting in my free time.

Recently out of boredom I starting making an entire game map out of original tile sprites.

A few areas. The entire game is split up into areas of 16x16 tiles, with each tile being 16x16 pixels. I used only 4 colors to keep it in the style of classic gameboy games.
examples-1.png

Unfortunately I am terrible at coding, so if anything it'll just end up being a giant piece of art and not a functional game.

EDIT: I'm trying out some new grass tiles. Here is a current test I'm liking. You can compare it to the bottom left image above which is of the same
AnotherExample.png

I really like how the cities are colored green, gives me a gameboy vibe with how the original had a green screen and everything had that color. Very nice touch. It looks pretty nice to.

So friend of mine is trying to get together a little charity thing online where he is selling raffle tickets, and the people who buy them have a chance to win artwork created by him and some of his friends. Its for a local family that might loose their house.

It's still not 100%, but I'm hoping I can donate a signed and framed print of an original pixel-art design.

I only just started today, and I'd say it isn't even halfway done yet. I hope to add some generic RPG creatures to it like slimes, and probably a hero character at the top.

I figured I'd upload some of the individual steps I did because it gives more of an look on how I do these.
SOFAR1.png

SOFAR2-1.png

I'm really trying to make this one look as good as possible because it is for a good cause. So if you have any suggestions or critiques please post them! Every bit of feedback helps.

This thing is getting a bit out of hand haha
SoFarMore2.png

Haha I had to draw a line and say that this is officially done before I tried to add anything else

That is amazing. You've improved leaps and bounds since you first came here, damn. The lines, the shapes, the colors; everything about this is solid.

Wow man, just wow.

Back
Top Bottom