• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

"Michael Dunn, Florida Man, Invokes 'Stand Your Ground' Law After Shooting Black Teen

Re: "Michael Dunn, Florida Man, Invokes 'Stand Your Ground' Law After Shooting Black

Zimmerman could have fought back with his fists, like I said he was a former bodyguard and the two were more than likely an even match physically, Zimmerman probably edging out a bit. There's no need to use a gun and shoot the kid, and if he was able to grab his gun, surely his hands were free? I don't believe one bit that shooting Treyvon was the answer, and Zimmerman should pay for what he did.

When you have your head bashed in, you are not taking time to run through what your best options are, you are only trying to save your life.

You don't have to be a mind reader to think that a white, Florida gun-store owner started the whole incident in the first place due to racial profiling. It's pretty likely that's exactly what went down.

You realize by saying that YOU are engaging in racial profiling right?

Excuse me, but I was referring to Big Lutz's post, not yours.

Treyvon was being followed around in the middle of the night by a strange man in a car who had a gun and ended up shooting Treyvon. Why are you disregarding that? If you're being stalked in the night, and the man who has been doing it approaches you, isn't that a situation where you'd feel threatened? Why are you two both ignoring that factor and acting like Treyvon randomly attacked Zimmerman? Zimmerman was in the wrong for following Treyvon around, and shouldn't have approached him. He was asking for trouble, and with Dunn, it seems like he did the same thing...pick a fight with some kids listening to music.

Because following a person around does not give the one being tracked the right to bash his head in. On the other hand when you get your head bashed in you have the right to shoot the person.

No, because I definitely think it was racial profiling that Zimmerman followed Treyvon in the first place. You can tell me to cut the bullshit all you want, but that's what I believe and I'm sticking too it. If you feel such a strong urge to defend the living, white man who shot a guy, then fine. In both situations, they shot someone who was, according to all known details, were unarmed, and that's wrong. I don't see why you both are so eager to defend two men who ARE getting a trial and will be be properly judged for their actions instead of, you know, the people who fucking died.

Possibly because we do not have enough details yet, and are not willing to automatically see the ones who are dead as being innocent, and the ones who are live as guilty.

Re: "Michael Dunn, Florida Man, Invokes 'Stand Your Ground' Law After Shooting Black

Things are becoming slightly out of hand here, and I am partially to blame. For that, I apologise. I would ask that any future debates on this topic and on racial profiling when it comes to the justice system be taken to Nicoleta's Campaign Bus. (Since I've yet to request access to that forum, I will not be following the debate in there, but I've said my peace.)

From now on, this topic will be about updates to the investigation and new evidence. Official warning.

The thread is now open in Nicoleta's Campaign Bus.

Oh Florida, why you so insane? It's bad enough the wacky news I hear from Radio Dead Air, but those that include actual violence... I just can't, that's the first and foremost reason why I turned down a trip to Florida with my cousins.

''A tragedy from both sides'' What? Your dad shot them, it could have easily been avoided if he just... hadn't shot people for listening to loud music! For fuck's sake, I know it's your father, but personally, I wouldn't defend my father if he commited such a heinous act.

When the facts about the Zimmerman case came out, it turned out that a 17-year old boy was shot and killed by a self-employed "neighborhood watchman". There was NO reason that Treyvon had to die, sorry to say.

Umm no, we did not know about Zimmerman's head wound or nose wound initially, giving the possibility that Zimmerman had to fight for his life, such a thing drastically changes the story as it changes from murder on Zimmerman's part, to a act of survival. Again there is a need to wait till all the information comes out.

And yet, even then the law is pretty clear. When you have a good reason to think someone is threatening you (like when they follow you down an alleyway with a gun to confront you, or bring a gun to you your car and start yelling at you) you're allowed to defend yourself, as evidenced by the very law he's invoking.

Both of these guys left their houses looking for fights.

Maybe the people they killed share a great amount of blame that isn't apparent yet, but even then, they're still criminals.

Incidentally, the court agreed, and indicted him on not just second degree murder like we originally expected, but one count of first degree (pre-meditated) murder as well as three counts of attempted murder.

Last edited:

Let me guess: Michael Dunn has a Cuban mother.

Last edited:
Please note: The thread is from 11 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom