• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Michael Haigney's Podcast - 'Original Pokéman'

The podcast seems to be a really low priority for them so I cherish whatever they will post when they get to it. Veronica Taylor is apparently going to start a podcast as well.
Going to wait until she gets over Season 1, first, when she's done and heads to Season 2 (if ever) I'll start watching. I like Season 1, but there's a whole other 7 she did and I'd her to go over as time passes as well.

Hope Michael goes over his script work in Seasons 2-4 too and finishes Season 1 here, want to hear the thought process out.

I wish he would bring up anecdotes about his work on the Kirby, Sonic, and F-Zero dubs as well.
I find Kirby the most overrated 4Kids dub by far on that note, it was handled way worse than Pokémon-- people have fogged up nostalgia goggles for it the most and it hasn't had scrutiny due to that (at least with Yu-Gi-Oh, people admit its flaws).

Sonic is interesting, to say the least...

F-Zero was probably their best dub of that bunch, surprisingly serious even with 4Kids' bowdlerization, and I actually really like the VA/VO work (never knew Eric Stuart could do a serious villain voice like Black Shadow's that well or Veronica Taylor with Jody Summer, especially). I'd definitely like to hear Haigney's insight on that one, for sure.

I wish he would bring up anecdotes about his work on the Kirby, Sonic, and F-Zero dubs as well.
Same! I loved his (along with John Touhey and Ted Lewis, I suppose) writing for King Dedede, Escargoon, and Dr. Eggman myself.

They were very entertaining villains to listen to, IMO.

Still no updates sadly. Veronica Taylor has started her own podcast just watching each episode but that's been underwhelming too. Sigh.

Hello
Did he tell why Lorelei was renamed ?
Not yet, he's still stuck on Episode 8 (Ep. 8 The Path to the Pokémon League - Original Pokéman).

We learned that Eric Stuart was the impetus for the English dub Psyduck voice that Michael Haigney came up with, most recently, looking forward to Mr. Haigney getting to that though myself (for years, we all speculated it was either (a) Due to her being the first Kanto Elite Four member, 4Kids came up with "Prima" meaning first, (b) it rhymed with Kanna in syllable count, or (c) something else).

Veronica Taylor (Kathleen McInerney)'s podcast is more her trying to somewhat incorporate life lessons into it, which is interesting but not really my thing (god knows I liked her Ash more than the two following her, though, in the English run).

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom