• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Milotic belongs in the Togepi family

Just because everyone else is disagreeing I'm going to at least point out some similarities. Aside from the "tic" they both have they both also have a red/blue coloration to them and are both based off of something mythical Togetic being a Fairy and Milotic, being a Mermaid.

I don't agree with you but here is something that is at least arguable.

may as well just have Vaporeon evolve into Milotic then

What is this I don't even.

Remoraid->Octillery is no excuse. That's just a really bizarre concept. Maybe I'm missing something, I don't know.

Remoraid->Octillery is no excuse. That's just a really bizarre concept. Maybe I'm missing something, I don't know.

Remoraid is a gun that evolves into Octillery who's basically a wheeled cannon.

Not too hard to understand. But then again this is Pokemon so... yea...

Remoraid is a gun that evolves into Octillery who's basically a wheeled cannon.

Not too hard to understand. But then again this is Pokemon so... yea...
Exactly. I understand the concept perfectly. I just hate it when people use it as an excuse for their hair-brained ideas.

topic hijack:

images

topic hijack:

images

Yeah, that really "bugs" me to an extent. The only thing that throws me off is the fact that Venomoth's purple hues don't really go with Caterpie and Metapod. I suppose if they intended to have Venonat evolve into Butterfree and Metapod into Venomoth, they switched it at the last minute, realizing a cocoon-butterfly approach would be more natural to the kiddies.

Hmm...

110px-176Togetic.png
180px-350Milotic.png

...I don't see it.

If anyone wanted to argue it more.
Togepi>Milotic
Togepi>Togetic>Togekiss

And as for the Remoraid thing, I swear Remoraid was supposed to evolve into Mantine and that Octillary was actually an evolution for Quilfish, OR Octillary was meant to be a Basic Pokemon.

I don't see any similarities between the two either, to be honest.

Even if they were to edit Milotic up to look like the Togepi line.

What the point of even keeping this thread open? Its just a bunch of people saying that Togepi looks nothing like Milotic....

Last edited:
Please note: The thread is from 13 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom