• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Contest Milotic vs Gyarados

Parissong

the bells of joy are ringing
Reaction score

Credits to UNDERmon on Pokémon Amino

Fun Facts About Gyarados and Milotic:
  • Both evolve from a "Weak Fish" Pokémon and into a "Serpentine" Pokémon
  • Both have the same Base Stat Total (540), differing only in the distribution of their Attack, Special Attack, and Special Defense
  • Both have the same base stat total increase after evolution at 340 points
  • Milotic has the power to calm emotions, whereas Gyarados spreads further conflict and destruction
So will you lean more towards the Tender Pokémon or the Atrocious Pokémon?

Going with Milotic. It has a sleek colour palette and rather beautiful dragon characteristics.

As for the Kanto sea monster, I personally like Mega Gyarados more than the original Gyarados.

Love both, but I'll go with Milotic due to its elegance. Shame its movepool is so shallow.

I'd use Gyarados in a battle over Milotic but Milotic wins over in cuteness and grace in every way. Not like that was Gyarados' strong point(s) either, but still.

Actually, I do kinda miss using Milotic as part of a team because it was kinda fun. So Milotic wins this for me tbh.

yep, Milotic as well
so much cuter looking than Gyarados
I tend to favorite cuter Pokemon most times

There's nothing that strikes the feeling of a big and powerful but also aggressive fish other than Gyarados.

I like the chinese-dragon-esque feel of gyarados, particularly his mega form. It's also more fun to use than milotic imo, although a nice bulky milotic can still be very entertaining to sponge attacks with

Gyrados evolves from the Godly Magikarp, which I would definitely vote for if it was part of this poll. Also, the Water/Flying type compliment each other nicely, Water filters out a weakness to Rock, and Flying filters a weakness with Grass. Plus, it's immune, and super effective against Ground Types. The only major weakness is Electric, and some Fully-Evolved Electric Types such as Ampharos and Eelektross are in PU tier, according to Smogon. Also, it has a Mega, which makes it much more Competitively viable. Even if the Water/Dark typing makes it weak to Milotic's array of Fairy type moves, you can't deny that Gyrados is much better in Comp compared to it's more tedious to obtain cousin.

Please note: The thread is from 4 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom