• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Minor vs. Major Edit

evkl

Person-about-Bulba
Reaction score
This is the semi-definitive thread for defining the difference between minor and major edits. If there's any further debate, you can always ask me personally. I'm highly reachable.

Minor:
Any single-page edit, no matter how drastic, UNLESS the page is disputed in accuracy or point of view.
Any edit which modifies a pair of pages which are codependant in the same way (i.e., merging two pages into one does not require a topic; however, mass-merge of pages does). For example, modifying a page specifically on Moon Stones and the Moon Stone entry in the Items list.
Any single-page splitting, if there is enough information to warrant two seperate articles.

Major:
Any category-wide or otherwise large-scale modification in the following ways:
-Formatting
-Features
-Infobox Design
-Naming Conventions
-Splitting
-Merging

Please note: The thread is from 19 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom