• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Minya's Art Thread

Reaction score
I've debated starting an art thread for a while and I've finally decided why not? I really want to share my art and I hope it motivates me to continue making more, or maybe even makes others motivated to try and draw.

Some time ago, I subconsciously decided that my thing was drawing with whatever I could find lying around the office, so that means: Pens, mechanical pencils, sharpies, highlighters and post it notes. I mostly use official artwork as a reference. If that's a problem, I can remove it. I'm still working on trying to draw things in dynamic poses.

Edit: I remembered I did use a different reference for the liepard. Here is the source: Liepard Artist (again, if this breaks the rules, I'll remove it)

Most of my stuff is black and white. I'm not very happy with my coloring abilities.

I also cannot make digital art, but I do attempt to do so in MS paint from time to time as evidenced by my Eiscue profile picture.

Some examples of what I've done:

POST-IT NOTE ART

494_556.jpg

557_618.jpg

The_rest_and 6.jpg

kecleon (2).jpg

OTHERS

IMG_20220709_233405522_1.jpg

I have more post-it notes, but they're tucked away in a box. I also used to have more that were colored like the kecleon one, but most were ruined, sadly.

It took me like 2 years, on and off, to finish doing the BW post-it notes (minus legendaries because they're a little too complex to work on a 3x3 sticky note). I consider it my apology letter to gen 5 since I kind of dropped out of pokemon during that time and didn't play b2w2.

Last edited:
This is so cool!! Must i say, you are quite great at coordination. The accuracy is quite amazing!! PostIt notes are miniscule
Thanks so much! For whatever reason, I find it a little easier to keep proper proportions on the Postit notes vs a full size piece of paper.

Your post also reminded me that I need to update my progress.

Please note: The thread is from 9 months ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom