• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Misc Simple Questions / Simple Answers Thread

Reaction score
Ever wished to ask other users for a simple advice, but wanted a thread where your questions could be more noticeable?

In this thread, you can ask a simple question, of which topic does not belong to other sections. Questions that can be answered with a single reply, or a relatively short back-and-exchange, they should be posted here instead of having a thread made for them.

Please take note that some topics have their own Q&A threads in their respective sections.

To those answering to questions, we recommend the use of Mentions/Quotes so that your answer/advice will be easily found by the person that asked the question. :>

Last edited:
Where can I find all current Q&A threads :3 and wouldn't a list of these Q&A threads be handy in the first post :d.
List of Q&A

This the threads I know of for simple question regarding these issues there a probably more, but I am not that of a know all of all the sections :p.

I need help

I'm getting a new phone (Samsung galaxy Nexus) and I was wondering what (any music from anything that Pokemon has done) music I should give to the ringtone and text message..

(I hope I put it in the right section)

@PrimalDialgaPrime; I moved it to this thread since it's more of a simple question. :)

Gym Leader battle music sounds nice. Roxie's Gym theme would be cute too, and it's loud enough imo. xD

Regarding text messages, huh I thought smart phones could only set ringtones of their own from music files? :O

Why are greeting cards such a societal norm that people get downright offended when you don't buy them one even if you get them a gift?

Why are greeting cards such a societal norm that people get downright offended when you don't buy them one even if you get them a gift?

Probably an FBI plot.

Now that I think about it, I don't even care for birthday cards and such.

Yeah, me neither. Although I will say, when you make your own hand drawn card, the chicks really dig it.

Anyway, I have another question. This thread is tough because 99% of simple questions can be answered by a simple Google search. I need to think of questions that require a human response.

Why are people so cruel to one another?

Maybe people are cruel because we have the capacity to, we can make the choice of right and wrong and sometimes we choose to hurt someone. Why do we choose to hurt others over helping them? Maybe because that's just human nature, we make mistakes. To err is human.

(should I ask here?)
Could someone make a pun (or a portmanteau?) about "crayon" and "Cryogonal"? I was planning to make it my user title.

An example of a previous of mine is: Eelektrik Shock

(should I ask here?)
Could someone make a pun (or a portmanteau?) about "crayon" and "Cryogonal"? I was planning to make it my user title.

An example of a previous of mine is: Eelektrik Shock
Well there's Crayongonal, thats the best I can come up with ^^; I'll edit this if I can think of another for you.

Hey I see the mod status badge? And I saw some others and I wondered
How many different of them are there. And what do they mean. I also saw vip today and that made me wonder.

How many different of them are there. And what do they mean. I also saw vip today and that made me wonder.

I know's there's ones for Mod, Super Mod, Admin, Forum Head, Bulapedia Staff and a whole bunch of others, could easily be around 15, but I don't have a definite number for you.

I know's there's ones for Mod, Super Mod, Admin, Forum Head, Bulapedia Staff and a whole bunch of others, could easily be around 15, but I don't have a definite number for you.
- Super Moderator
- Administrator
- Forum Head (note: a mod or an smod that is a forum head will only have the forum head badge)
- Head Administrator
- Webmaster
- Vice-Webmaster (4 kinds of badges, they're customized for each who have it)
- Retired Staff
- Bulbapedia Junior Administrator
- Bulbapedia Staff
- Bulbapedia Editorial Board
- Bulbapedia Deputy Editor-in-Chief
- Bulbapedia Editor-in-Chief
- Bulbanews Writer
- Bulbanews Deputy Editor-in-Chief
- Bulbanews Editor-in-Chief
- Archives Junior Administrator
- Archives Staff
- Archives Advisory Council
- Archives Liaison
- Staff Artist (Blazaking)
- Bulba IRC Owner (Satoshi-Kun)
- Former Head Administrator (Musashi)
- Former Bulbanews Editor-in-Chief (two kinds, for The dark lord trombonator and Rexracer)

If I counted correctly, there are twenty-eight of these. wow, I just realized how many there are for real

Short version: is my iphone charging me to connect to my home wireless internet?

Longer version: okay I finally gave in and bought an iphone the other day and already wishing I hadn't. Spent my first 48 hours of ownership finding out what it wasn't compatible with, what it wouldn't transfer from my old phone and basically every other reason why you shouldn't buy one of the little buggers. *deep breath* so I connected the damn thing to my home wireless internet, put in password etc (I believe this is called 'tethering?'). It's showing as connected. But without making any calls or texts or buying anything from itunes, in 1 day my credit dropped from £3 something to 80p! The hell!? I only became aware of this when my phone sent a message saying I was low on credit! I used the internet function again (only to email myself some pictures and download, seeing as my new phone doesn't like bluetooth) and was alarmed to see my balance had dropped to 18p. This is fucking ridiculous. Someone help, please!? Don't understand why it would cost to connect on my home wireless internet when my 3ds and laptop both do it for free. I'm on pay as you go and usually £10 lasts me around 6 months. I cannot afford this shit. Am kind of panicking and wishing I hadn't spend a lot of money just to get all this grief.

Any advice at all would be appreciated, thanks ;__;

@LadySasaki; Probably, when you bought the phone, the company you made the contract with had set WAP (GPRS) in the settings. You may have connected to Wi-Fi, but whenever you USE internet, there is a chance that it is set to use that WAP instead of your free Wi-Fi. You should call the company's Support and explain the situation, they will know how to make it out. (try to check Internet Settings or something before doing that)

PS There is not a chance everything will ever charge you for using your WiFi. It definitely is something else.

Okay, what is "Mary Sue"?

I've been seeing it as an description of certain characters, and I'm clueless on it.

Okay, what is "Mary Sue"?

I've been seeing it as an description of certain characters, and I'm clueless on it.

A Mary Sue is basically a character in story/fanfiction based on the author and how they perceive themselves. They're also usually a female character who have perfect characteristic traits such "straight A student who is amazing at sports and has many talents and abilities".They have the perfect body features and are really popular , have no real flaws and is superior to all other characters in a story. They usually fall in love with the author's favorite book character or main character in the story. Everything goes their way and they pretty much have a perfect life.

A good example of a Mary Sue is Ebony Dark'ness Dementia Raven Way from the infamous Harry Potter fan fic, "My Immortal" A "goffic" or gothic wizard who attends Hogwarts and is in a relationship with Draco Malfloy. In the (badly written) story she happens to be chosen by Dumbledore (or Dumblydore) to kill Voldermort by travelling back in time seducing his younger self, Tom Satan Bombodil, so that he wouldn't turn to evil. Yeah read it if you want a good laugh.

Another good example of a Mary Sue on the right:
Mary_Sue___How_to_Tell.jpg

Last edited:
Please note: The thread is from 8 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom