• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Music Misheard lyrics

Zexy

Quaxly Boy
Reaction score
Pronouns
  1. He/Him
  2. They/Them
My favorite misheard lyrics are Rolling In The Deep's back vocals

1000 queer sheep
Never had bear feet
Pigeon carnivore
Rolling In the deep

What are yours?

Mine's from a french song by Julien Clerc called "Melissa", where for some reason I always mishear the refrain's lyrics as "Ooooooh like some gingerbread, oooooooh gingerbread from Lu (Lu is a brand of biscuits and other sugary things)". So yeah I associate some stuff with food and this is one of the biggest cases lmao

Lady Gaga - Applause
From a Greek skit trolling some influencers

"I live for the uploads, uploads, uploads"

Lets see what we have:

"I stole the sign..." which made no sense in the context of the song. Nevertheless, it's still funny to say if I'm playing a game that involves messing with opponents in the game like "Capture the Flag."

"Starbucks lover..." from Taylor Swift. Sadly, that misheard lyrics still works somewhat in context.

A classic from Mirai Nikki Opening 1

"... this tea. TEA BISCUITS BISCUITS F*** THIS TEA! (music) Sweet fries!"

When I was a kid, I used to think TLC was singing “Don’t go Jason Waterfalls.” Who Jason Waterfalls is, we’ll never know.

Also, my dad said he used to think the lyric in “Hotel California” was “We haven’t had Pabst beer in here since 1969.”

There's a Paul Kelly song called "To Her Door" and there is a funny Mondegreen (which is the correct name for a misheard lyric) in that one of the lines of the song mentions riding a little pig. In case you don't know, Paul Kelly is a well-known singer-songwriter here in Australia (an Australian music icon in fact).

Last edited:
“See that girl, watch her scream, kicking the dancing queen”.
"Dancing queen, feel the beat from the tangerine, oh yeah."

I used to be a fan of this singer, Daniel Bedingfield, and he came out with a song called Friday, about how he's excited about his girlfriend coming back from a vacation, and the chorus goes "She's coming back on Friday, she's coming back on Friday, she's coming back on Friday!"

When my brother and I first heard it, we thought he was saying "I'm gonna have chicken satay!"

There was also a hymn we used to sing at school called Lord of the Dance, which repeated the chorus line "I am the lord of the dance, said he" and as a kid until I read the actual lyrics, I thought it was "I am the lord of the Dance Settee" and I used to wonder "What's a dance settee? Why would anyone dance on a sofa?" (in the UK, settee is another word for sofa, but I haven't heard anyone use it in years).

So it turns out the line in Find U Again by Camila Cabello is "but they don't have a shot when I compare them to you" and not "but they don't ever shower and I compare them to you".

...yikes

Ghost - Mary On A Cross

"You go down just like Holy Mary
Marianna, Marianna cross"

imo nothing will ever be funnier than the reddit post on r/tipofmytongue when someone posted "what's the kendrick lamar song that goes 'please don't kill my wife'?" only to find out they misheard "bitch don't kill my vibe"

the main one i can think of is in the song fighter by the score, there is a place where the lyrics say
"and my scars will fade, the monsters in my head will become the pain", but until i read the lyrics, i thought it said
"and though my scars will fade, the monsters in my head will complicate"(i am pretty sure i spelled that right. i mean as in discussing, not as in complicated.)
very similar sounds, very different meanings.

Rasputin by Boney M. I hear the song as "Ra, ra, Rasputin, lover of the Russian Team" instead of "Ra, ra, Rasputin, lover of the Russian Queen".

In Wham!'s "Wake me up before you go go", instead of "Jitterbug" at the start of the song, I kept hearing "Chilly Bug", and that reminded me of Snom and Frosmoth for some reason !

Here’s one that I can recall for sure:
As a kid, I thought the last two lyrics of this line from Far East Movement’s “Like A G6”: “When sober girls around me, they be actin' like they drunk” were “big drum” and not “they drunk” (though to be fair, I didn’t know what “drunk” meant at the time).

Another one I got:
I recently relistened to Turn Me On - David Guetta ft. Nicki Minaj a few times and on one of my listens, I misheard the lyric “I just want you to father my young” as “I just want you to fart on my young”.

hachioji p's "sweet devil" includes some english in its lyrics. however, the voice used in this song is the japanese hatsune miku, and it's quite difficult to get her to sing coherently in other languages.
this includes english. there's a line that goes "i love you, baby," and the "baby" part certainly comes through... i'm not sure what happened right before then, though, because before seeing the proper transcript i would have sworn the line was "i'm having a baby."
i'm glad that's not the line, because what i misheard always seemed very uncomfortably out of place with the rest of the song...

Back
Top Bottom