• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Music Misheard lyrics

If you are in Australia, on Mondays, the Christian O'Connell Show has a segment when people send in their misheard lyrics. There was one for Centerfold by J. Geils Band, and I can clearly hear "Angel is a xenophobe" (that got into the "Hall of Fame" on the segment).

There are some Vocalo-P that are very talented at getting the Japanese versions of Vocaloids to sing in intelligible (sometimes even completely natural-sounding) English.
This is very difficult. Even producers that speak English in addition to their native language will likely have a hard time with it, because these Vocaloids are explicitly not designed to sing in English. So, to reiterate, this is a skill that only a minority of Vocalo-P have, understandably so.
Thus, by no means do I mean to discredit Hachioji P as a producer. He's made some absolute bangers, and my Vocaloid playlist back when I was ~13 was at least 40% composed of his songs.

But to this day, I refuse to believe that Miku is saying "I love you, baby" toward the end of Sweet Devil. The Japanese parts (aka like, the rest of the song) are perfectly understandable (if you understand Japanese, anyway), but that line is absolutely "I'm having a baby." T'would always catch my younger self off-guard before learning the actual lyrics, because... well, it comes out of nowhere. But "I love you, baby" makes way more sense.

Regardless, it STILL sounds like "I'm having a baby" and no matter how hard I try, I just... seriously cannot hear what the line is supposed to be.

I've been hearing Stick Season by Noah Kahan on the radio for months now, and only just today did it occur to me that "a soccer mom, she forgot that I existed" was actually "I saw your mom, she forgot that I existed".

I mishear “I need a new drug” in the song of the same name by Huey Lewis as “i need a new drum.”

I also know of someone who mishears “sweet Caroline” as “sweet cherry wine”

I've been hearing Stick Season by Noah Kahan on the radio for months now, and only just today did it occur to me that "a soccer mom, she forgot that I existed" was actually "I saw your mom, she forgot that I existed".
Same here; can’t believe it is “saw your mom” and not “soccer mom”.

Minor, but for the longest time my dad misheard a line in Spin Doctor's Two Princes as "I know what a princess lover ought to be".

He was surprised when I told him it was supposed to be "I know what a prince and lover ought to be"

Back
Top Bottom