• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Misleading Moves

Um, I didn't try to be too technical. I'm sorry if I offended anybody, I have another missleading move for you (to stay on topic), but I just wanted to say one more thing on the topic of Scald. When I thought of Scald, the first thing that popped into my mind was hydrothermal vents that are found both on land and under the sea. Another name for them is black smokers.

The water shooting out of these vents can reach over 400 degrees Celsius, at least the ones that shoot out at the bottom of the sea since saltwater is denser than freshwater. Water coming from these vents aren't heated in any way by the sun, or fire, but instead are heated by the earth's mantle.

I know this is a lot of nothing for just this one move and I know I'm thinking too much into it, but I'm just saying the first thing that popped into my mind.

Anyway after a long time reading my off-topic post here's my misleading moves:

Metal Claw, now I know there's nothing misleading in the name. I mean you are clawing something with a claw that is metal, or at least as hard as steel, but I find that the name of the move sounds too powerful for a move that only has 50 BP. I mean, it sounds like a cool move, but later on it's going to be replaced by another move that is stronger than 50 BP on my team.

Another misleading move would be Glare, that always sounded like a move than should be of the Dark-type move, or at least a Poison-type move. I mean glaring at your opponent and making them paralyzed (with fear) sounds kinda dark to me. It could also be the Ghost-type as it seems like what a ghost would do to a person.

The last misleading move I feel is Whirlwind, I mean it just sounds like a perfect Flying-type move to me. I know lots of Pokes that aren't of the flying type can learn it, but the move sounds like something something with wings would use.

No, the whole Scald discussion was my fault, I just felt a little 'cornered'. You were just saying what you thought, so sorry about that... But I believe Glare should be a Dark, or at least Ghost-type move. You're paralyzing the foe with fear, isn't that dark?? And Whirlwind definitely sounds like a Flying-type move to me, I don't get why it's Normal-type. (same thing goes for Razor Wind)

Please note: The thread is from 13 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom