• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Missed Opportunity with the Regis

CuboneKing

Your Favorite Burnout
Reaction score
Postgame spoilers inbound.

I was thinking about how the Regis could’ve been utilized in this game. Regigigas waking up for no reason was a little lame. My original thought was just putting the original 3 in caves roughly where they were in Platinum. But then I got to thinking more and came up with something much cooler.

Regidrago represents the Middle Ages, or perhaps more broadly, the age of myths. We know that there was the ancient Sinnoh people inhabiting Hisui long before the events of PLA. What if Regigigas had made Regidrago as a protector or idol for these myth-worshipping people? Then when he went back to sleep, Regidrago went out of control or something and had to be sealed away.

Cut forward to PLA, and the protagonist unseals and catches Regidrago as part of a quest. In one way or another this leads to Regigigas, who perhaps Regidrago has the ability to awaken by itself. But imagine if before the battle starts, we watch Regigigas create Regieleki, maybe even multiple, to back him up. You catch them and report back to Laventon, as you do.

Here’s the kicker. We know the other regions are more developed than Hisui during this period, but probably not up to modern standards, i.e. widespread electricity. We also know that Regieleki represents the modern age. But what if in this world, Regieleki IS the modern age? Imagine Laventon giving a whole dialogue on what a discovery Regieleki’s constant energy production is, and if he could just study it some more, he could perhaps figure out a way to bring that power to the entire Pokémon world. So effectively, we the player are the catalyst for the development of this world into what it is in the present day. I think that’d be really cool.

Laventon could even say that he’ll leave Regidrago and Regieleki in your care for now, but eventually when he returns to his homeland, he’d like to seal them away because they’re too dangerous. Maybe he mentions putting a failsafe in so that only one of them could ever come out if unsealed to prevent catastrophe.

What are your thoughts? Any other ideas on how the Regis could’ve been incorporated into this game? Do the Regis, particularly the new ones, need more lore? Would love to hear what you think!

Please note: The thread is from 2 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom