• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Missing Type Combinations

Most wanted type combination (treat all as 'vice-versa')

• Fighting / Ground

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Fighting / Ghost

• Fighting / Ice

• Fighting / Dragon

• Poison / Rock

• Poison / Steel

• Poison / Electric

• Poison / Psychic

• Poison / Ice

• Rock / Ghost

• Rock / Electric

• Rock / Ice

• Bug / Psychic

• Bug / Ice

• Bug / Dark

• Steel / Ice

• Fire / Ice

• Electric / Psychic

• Total voters

Captain PWN

Trainer since Dec '99
Reaction score
If I have worked it correctly, there are 31 type combinations that have not been produced yet...

- Which of these types would you really like to see in future?
- Which do you think would give us the best new tactics?
- Any that you think would just not work at all?
- Any hypothetical pokemon ideas?

I personally would love to see a Ghost / Steel type, the sole reason being they're two of my three have types (Ground, Ghost, Steel) and the only combination of the 3 that does not exist. Maybe it could be based on some sort of haunted machine? Possibly a new Rotom Form

(please let me know if I have missed any combos off the poll, or if there are any on there that do intact exist)

Last edited:
Normal/Ghost because it would be the only type which is completely immune to ghost + fighting coverage.

Ice /steel would be interesting. Lure a dragon into using Outrage, sponge it and ko back with an ice attack. Of course, you are vulnerable to fire attacks so, that would be a problem.

Dragon/ fighting would be definitely interesting. Perfect coverage within 2 Stab moves.

I've also imagined a fossil mon with dragon/rock with rock-head ability, 120 base attack and access to head smash. It would be brutal.

Finally, A grass/ghost forest yokai is something I want to see.

I would like rock/ghost, for no other reason than the sprite would be so cool! And it also would be good to use strong physical rock moves and special ghost type moves, it would just be unreal.

I want Ghost/Grass, because it could be a cute pumpkin Pokemon.

The remaining Fire combinations don't really make sense.

And I kind of wish Serperior ended up being Grass/Dragon.

I have mentioned this before, but I would really love to see a serpent like Dragon Pokemon of the Poison/Dragon type.

Oh I just thought of something.

Fighting/Flying = Superman? Maybe they could do a split evolution of Machoke or something lol.

Ghost/Steel of course. Their defensive synergy is just amazing. Fighting/Flying is another one I would like to see. This one's for offense, on the other hand.

I think Fighting / Normal is missing on the list, or do we have any?

I think Fighting / Normal is missing on the list, or do we have any?

Meloetta can be Normal / Fighting...

However, i didn't include normal in the combinations cos i didn't think it that important.... but now on second thought, the Ghost resistance good be good for some types i suppose.. such as Psychic, or Ghost itself (another Meloetta typing.... Meloetta seems to be pretty cool!)

Why not "all of the above"? Eventually, shouldn't they combine all the types with each other?

Ghost/Steel, no competition. Imagine the possibilities with a Pokémon like that. I agree with the possessed robot idea.

I chose Bug/Dragon. Bug is one of my favorite types with all the great ones in Black and White. This is a choice not based on type coverage but on just an interesting combo I would like to see. I would also like to see the Ghost/Steel (with levitate), Psychic/Dark, and Fire/Ice combo's as well.

Electric/Dark would be a really good combination... I actually once though Luxray was Electric/Dark when I first saw his picture. Pity he wasn't though.

Please note: The thread is from 12 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom