• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Mistaken Evolutions

Before generation 4 came out, I thought Turtwig was a pre evolution of Tropius. And I though Luvdisc evolved into Alomomola, like many people.

The first time I saw a poster with the first 151 (I was about 9 years old) I thought there was a connection between Gengar and Cloyster!

Also, I believe Luvdisc and Alomomola were a planned evolution but cut because Generation V didn't have any connection to passed generations. Perhaps there will be a middle evolution to connect them at one point.

I thought Bellasom was a no-evolution Pokemon, never made the connection between Snorunt and Froslass, and I would have never guessed Feebas -> Miltolic.

Besides the common Luvdisc/Alomomola thing, I thought Ho-Oh was an evolved form of Fearow when I first saw it. xP

Until knowing of Blissey I thought that Chansey evolved into Kangaskhan.

Think about it. Egg-shaped thing keeping an egg in its pouch --> Dinosaur-shaped thing keeping a baby dinosaur in its pouch.

Also Farfetch'd --> Doduo, but that was because of their placement in the pokédex and that Doduo looked to me like a middle-stage back then.

Way back in generation 1 I originally thought that Kabutops was the evolved form, or pre-evolution of Scyther because of the similarity in appearance and of course the obvious scythes.

Once thought you could evolve a Remoraid into a Mantine.....

Then that sorta became true in Generation IV as you need a remoraid to evolve mantyke.

I once thought Phione evolved into Manaphy. Other than that, never mistook an evolution line.

Luvdisc and Alomomola, obviously, as well as Tauros and Bouffalant. I also thought Dragonair had a branched evolution and Plusle and Minun evolved, way back when I was first introduced to the series.

When I first saw Milotic, I though it was the evolution after Gyarados. So I gave my Gyarados a Heart Scale and trained it up to lvl 60. I was raging when I found it Feebas evolved into Milotic!

I thought Ninjask evolved into Shedinja. I was adamant on completing my dex in Ruby, so I trained my Jask to level 65... then when that failed I tried trading it with various items. You can only imagine my frustration when I found out it evolved (or rather appeared out of nowhere) in a special way :s

I always wished Gyrados would elvolve into a Feebas at lvl 99

You know. For the lulz.

My first playthru of Black, I assumed Sawk and Throh were related. Also Luvdisc and Gorebyss

Farfetch'd > Doduo > Dodrio
My thought as a kid.

And I think I am the only one who haven't thought that Alomomola was Luvdisc's evo.

I though that Bellossom was either a stand-alone or in a branch evolution of Oddish

Gloom - Vileplume
Oddish <
Bellossom

I though that Bellossom was either a stand-alone or in a branch evolution of Oddish

Gloom - Vileplume
Oddish <
Bellossom
I agree with that. Belossom doesn't seem like a final evolution, in fact, she looks like a first form of some evolutionary line.

Please note: The thread is from 10 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom