• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Misty & Brock Confirmed for Pokemon Sun & Moon Anime

Okay, now that I calmed down I noticed a couple of things from the preview.

It looks like they could pull off a BW and only show Ash's Bulbasaur and Tauros. We'll still be seeing the corral filled with Pokémon, which is definetly better than the desert it was during the BW finale. All in all, I'd be a bit upset, but I wouldn't lose my nerves if this happens.

What I'm truly concerned about is Brock's team. They clearly are pandering for nostalgia here, so Steelix aside, they may choose to ignore all and any of his later Pokémon, Croagunk included. They did neglect to mention Chansey and Sudowoodo in BW, after all. The same could go for Misty, but it's been so long already I don't really recall any of her Pokémon being memorable enough, except for Psyduck.

The XY motto arrangement is playing and, albeit the dialogue is very muffled, I SWEAR I CAN TOTALLY HEAR "NASAKE" AT THE END

Not gonna lie, top 5 things I'm excited for in this episode is to hear the XY motto theme again (hopefully a longer version and not the awkwardly cut version that played in most episodes).

This is also really making me hope for similar episodes with later companions later on. They honestly could all look so cute in this new style (especially Hikari).

(Also shoutout to whoever fixed the formatting in my last post)

Well that trailer was full of even more surprises. I loved how happy Ash sounded to see Brock again. The setup for the gag was obvious and it led to the Misty pulling Brock's ear, but that happiness was still sweet and I've missed Brock too. They both looked good in the trailer and Pikachu being so happy to see Misty was cute too. I figured that the field trip would include the whole class, so that does make me hope we'll get some good interactions between Ash's old and new friends. Team Rocket coming along was expected too, but I'm curious how they'll respond to seeing Misty and Brock again too.

I was expecting the return of Misty and Brock's gags, but they're going as far as bringing back the Jigglypuff gag. They're really putting out all the stops with the OS nostalgia here. Jigglypuff hasn't been seen since early on in AG. Although, to be honest the gag seems really strange now. It worked back in the day, but there are moves and abilities that prevent Pokemon from falling asleep in battle. It's why I always just figured Jigglypuff finally just found some Pokemon that could listen to its whole song, but they want to bring up some OS nostalgia with that gag too.

The flashbacks were an especially nice surprise. I loved that there were bits of Johto in there too since that is part of the original series. I could only pick out Ash caring for Larvitar, releasing Charizard and saying goodbye to Misty and Brock, but those were some good moments of Johto to spotlight during that flashback. The redesigns of those flashbacks looked really nice.

There does seem to be a lot of focus on Kanto Pokemon, which makes sense due to the Alola forms and 20th anniversary, but it does seem less likely that we'll see any of the casts' non-Kanto Pokemon. That would be kind of disappointing considering all of the Pokemon Ash has. Not to mention I still think Misty pulling on Brock's ear and Croagunk giving him a Poison Jab would be funny. Still, it wouldn't be a huge problem. I like Brock, but he wouldn't have a lot of memorable Pokemon from other series aside from Croagunk. Same thing with Misty's team. I could maybe see Corsola popping up for Misty since it because one of her main battlers during Johto, but we'll probably see at least her Psyduck. I'm slightly surprised that it didn't show up in the trailer. I also love the expression on Kanto Marowak's face when it saw that Alola Marowak was affected by an electric attack. Bulbasaur did look rather cute and happy to see Ash again. They're still pulling out the hype train for these episodes, so I hope that they'll be good and satisfying for new and long time fans alike.

What I'm truly concerned about is Brock's team. They clearly are pandering for nostalgia here, so Steelix aside, they may choose to ignore all and any of his later Pokémon, Croagunk included. They did neglect to mention Chansey and Sudowoodo in BW, after all. The same could go for Misty, but it's been so long already I don't really recall any of her Pokémon being memorable enough, except for Psyduck.
I think that Geodude in the preview is Brock's. You can hear him say "this is my partner" when its sent out and its voice sounds similar to his Geodude.

I really hope we get to see Misty's Staryu. That thing was pretty much her ace when she was on the show.

I think that Geodude in the preview is Brock's. You can hear him say "this is my partner" when its sent out and its voice sounds similar to his Geodude.
Yeah, I'm pretty confident that's his Geodude. That's why I said I'm concerned about his later Pokémon. This might be the only chance we ever get to see a Misty/Croagunk block combo, after all.

I wanted to see Croagunk Poison Job Brock.

And we now know Kiawe's Alolan Marowak doesn't have Lightning Rod as an Ability. It's either Cursed Body or Rock Head.

And I want Snivy to use Attract on other<s Pok/mon who<s gender is unknown. :p

Legit floored right now
8a9bbde102363e777dda4051384df7a9--dramas-gif.jpg

PURIN MY BABY!!!!! Can this even be real?!?!?!?!?!?!??!

I'm not sure if this is even possible, but props to Megumi Hayashibara's Fushigidane for sounding MORE HAPPY AND EXCITED THAN I AM RIGHT NOW at being reunited with Satoshi!

I'm not sure if this is even possible, but props to Megumi Hayashibara's Fushigidane for sounding MORE HAPPY AND EXCITED THAN I AM RIGHT NOW at being reunited with Satoshi!
I mean, he went home at the end of XY, which probably means he went to see his pokémon between seasons, so...it's hardly a reunion that was 20 years in the making

Ahhhh I need more than two episodes, do you think we'll get another chance? :(

Please note: The thread is from 6 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom