• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Misty & Brock Confirmed for Pokemon Sun & Moon Anime

I wouldn't be surprised it they completely retconned his career as a doctor and just put him back as a gym leader at this point.

I wonder why Brock chose to delve into mega-evolution? I can see Misty since she is a gym leader, but Brock when on the Pokemon Doctor route... so I don't see why he'd go for it?
Well, a Nurse Joy in Kalos uses one.

I hope Misty and Brock don't do awful face gags.
Well at least if Brock does them, it won't be anything new, considering he does pull them when someone pulls his ear or punches him. That reminds me, does this mean Misty might pull Brock's ear again? I hope so, or maybe Misty will pull him by one of his ears and Croagunk will also use Poison Jab on him.

Sept 14: "Kanto in Alola! Brock and Misty!!"
Sept 21: "Gym Battle! Z-Moves vs Mega Evolution!!"
Hmm. Registration for the Mega Melee competition starts on the 14th and ends on the 21st. That might be nice promotion for the games.

If Ash and Brock fight, I can see the match will end before a winner is declared.

Wow, it's impressive how so many people seem to believe SM will retcon Brock and Misty's characters, lives and goals. The continuity isn't that messed up, guys. I would worry a bit about Misty because she hasn't appeared for so long, but remember Brock has only been absent during XY. His last appearence was at the very end of the previous series, too.

Hmm. Registration for the Mega Melee competition starts on the 14th and ends on the 21st. That might be nice promotion for the games.
If I recall correctly, a Kasumi keychain will go on sale on that date, too.

I think that Misty and Brock's designs look fine, especially Misty. She looks a bit younger for some reason, but maybe it's her eyes or looking more upbeat. The fact that Brock's vest has fewer pockets before throws me off though. It just looks empty with those missing pockets, but it's fine.

Misty and Brock have never looked so bad in their lives.

I'm positive other previous heroines will appear at some point and get the equal horrible S&M designs as well.

Oh god please wait to bring May back until Gen VIII (25th aniv) then! I still doubt she will get back anyway, but I couldn't stand to see her in SM art style.

They better at least spend 30 seconds semi-explaining how Misty and Brock got mega stones/key stones. They are considered really rare, its not like you just go to the Poke Mart and pick one up (although I guess you can get stones at the battle tree now...).

So the theory about SM taking place in the same continuity as the movie is debunked? Since Satoshi never traveled with his original friends in I Choose You and all...

Now, these're two episodes I'll most likely see. I don't care that much for Kasumi or Takeshi, the throwback is really nice though. Who knows, maybe Serena will be the next? (I wound't mind seeing Hikari and Haruka again too).
And... His old Pokemon are gonna be there too?! Hope the Isshu ones have some sort of role, the ignored ones I mean. Fukamaru could evolve as well, never get why the late capture and little development.

Personally, I'd really like it if other companions get at least a cameo at some point in this series. Especially if they're changing the artstyle for the Gen VIII anime.

I also hope we get to see Ash's house in these two episodes, I just love comparing the artstyles!
Kt8f3o7.png

I actually think Misty looks pretty cute in the SM style. Brock isn't as great, but I'm just going to remember that A) SM's artwork looks much better in motion than it does on a flat, non-moving image, and B) this reunion is all I've really wanted out of the anime for a very long time and I'm not about to complain about anything or be picky about it.

That's why, perhaps as bad as it sounds, I'm not really concerned about the overall plot of the episode, if it's going to be entertaining or not. I personally have been waiting and waiting for an episode like this for YEARS, and I'm so happy it's actually happening that I'm just going to take and enjoy whatever comes out of it. For me, this quite frankly feels like a gift. The anime has disappointed me a whole lot over the past few years, and the whole premise of these two episodes has me so happy and is giving me excitement that the anime hasn't personally provided in a really long time.

I also think Misty looks nice in the new art style, and Brock looks okay. His 'taller' hair are kind of nice. Idk if it's the face or his hair have grown.

The only issue I have with the art style is that Brock's face looks a little squished but its not that big of a deal to me and I actually prefer Misty's new style with the more rounded face.

Misty and Brock honestly look as stoned as the Alola form of Meowth looks. I think the images they are in that have been released are just not very flattering outtakes and hopefully they'll look better in the actual episode with frame movement.

Yeah, I think that's a weird change too. I mean, I get the artstyle is more simplistic, but putting less details (such as not drawing thick borders, or maybe the zipper on the pockets) is different than actually removing whole elements. And they did keep other details such as the pattern on Misty's shoes, too.

Please note: The thread is from 6 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom