• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Misty Club

Confirm/deny: Misty is awesome.

• Confirm

Votes: 550 84.0%
  • Deny, also I support terrorism

Votes: 105 16.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I've been watching BW, and it's a really great series. Just because it doesn't have Misty in it doesn't mean it's automatically bad.

Of course my favorite days of Pokemon were when Misty was around, but Misty not being there doesn't make the show bad at all.

I could not stand to watch more than a few minutes of BW I HATED IT and I wish I could get that time I wasted back. The show is dead to me I don't want anything to do with the current stuff.

I agree with those who finded pokemon series being better with Misty around.Her character played off very well with Ash and others bringing interesting dynamic to group with her great personality.
Misty brought alot of comedy and great interactions with group with her spunky yet caring character who had attitude.

Her pokemon were great too,from mysteryous ones like starfish pokemon to good old sources of comedy like Psyduck was(Poliwag line was great too) with her character having alot of potential to be developed much more from her pokemon which could be trained to become better,to her background which have lot of unanswered things(her parents are one of never answered mysteryes),and i dont even have to mention how her goal of becoming water master is left unexplored for most part.

Too bad writers doesnt seem to realize how it was mistake writing her out treating her nowdays like she never exiszed in first place which is a real shame leaving lot of fans dissapointed.All those petitions and demand you can encounter(noone ever had such a big demand going for him in this anime aside from Misty which says alot) shows how they feel with bringing her back meaning more viewers.

Now dont get me wrong i liked later regions too(Best Wishes are ok),but with Misty around pokemon had how to say that certain charm and chemistry which only she could provide(even when she appeared in cameos you can notice how things become more interesting with her around,well to me anyway).

To Prinlee:those are great pictures,you can certainly draw better than i can.

p.s.Even though its little late i would like to wish Happy New Year to everyone.Maybe with new year new hope can arrise on horizont with our favorite character getting something after such a long time.

Last edited:
I've been watching BW, and it's a really great series. Just because it doesn't have Misty in it doesn't mean it's automatically bad.

*noods* All the season/series are great *right?,right?*

New region,new characters, new adventure..is just making Pokemon real great!

in my case watching pokemon without Misty,..uhm..I just don't have the interest to see all the episodes without her,I just like the old series back then with HER.I just wish she was still in pokemon.But Even I can't*or we*force the writer itself to put her back in the show,we still need to keep the support on HER!

Misty is the BEST!!!^^

-----------------------
my opinion only..

I guess there is no escape from the BW gushing even here, UGH. Why don't we discuss something about the Pokemon anime we all agree upon, the first 275 episodes. In reference to the Pokemon anime there is absolutely nothing wrong with being "stuck in the past" despite what others might lead you to believe.

I guess there is no escape from the BW gushing even here, UGH. Why don't we discuss something about the Pokemon anime we all agree upon, the first 275 episodes. In reference to the Pokemon anime there is absolutely nothing wrong with being "stuck in the past" despite what others might lead you to believe.

True first five seasons has one of best moments this show ever had providing great dynamic within group and many true gems.About "being stucked in past"there is nothing wrong if someone liked series more with Misty around and would like to see her back in this show(especially that there are reasons like unexplored potential and story).
People have different views and that should be respected,and if they cant understand good sides about Mistys characrter,well thats their loss.
We all know she is great.

Here is some lighthearted question.
What personality traits about Misty you like the most(what about her character you find unique)?

Note:Ill give my answer later on.

What personality traits about Misty you like the most(what about her character you find unique)?

Her being tomboy type,She maybe look like a tomboy but a good and kind heart girl inside.

Hmm. Well. She's tough and fiery but she's still vulnerable. Like she'll yell and fight with anyone who gets on her bad side, but she's a hopeless romantic and terrified of bug Pokemon.

Thanks for all the compliments guys! ^^

True first five seasons has one of best moments this show ever had providing great dynamic within group and many true gems.About "being stucked in past"there is nothing wrong if someone liked series more with Misty around and would like to see her back in this show(especially that there are reasons like unexplored potential and story).
People have different views and that should be respected,and if they cant understand good sides about Mistys characrter,well thats their loss.
We all know she is great.

Here is some lighthearted question.
I agree, the first five seasons were definitely the best. It's what I grew up watching, and I will always remain faithful to the original series, no matter what anyone says.

To answer the question: The aspect of Misty's personality that I enjoy the most is her short temper. Her anger issue is what sets her apart from the other female protagonists. I also liked the recurring younger sibling complex, and that the writers also gave her a girly side. In addition to that, the writers gave her the fear of bug types which was exploited many times throughout the show, and the dislike of carrots and peppers, which added a little more realism to her character. :)

Hmm. Well. She's tough and fiery but she's still vulnerable. Like she'll yell and fight with anyone who gets on her bad side, but she's a hopeless romantic and terrified of bug Pokemon.

Yes, unfortunately this is her only weakness. (Well, "nobody is perfect") But she is and remains the number 1.
i love she always.

Time to answer my own question.

There is many of them.I always liked how Misty was able to stand out for herself and people about she cares about.Her personality is just unique and complex.At one moment she can be very passionate and sensitive,and on the other if someone provokes her the complete opposite being all angry and annoyed.She is a person who doesnt cares about what other people think about her,who is brave enough to follow her dreams and goals and isnt afraid to say what she wants.
She went through good character development,turning out from a girl who was short tempered erupting over every little thing to more mature person keeoing her lovable charm.

Misty is in my opinion the most realistic girl.While others are in most cases always happy go lucky,she shows how she feels in certain moments.Her life isnt always easy for her,and for every thing which she accomplished she had to work hard for it.

She is amasing character with great personality.

To Prinlee:Your welcome and speaking of Misty and original series true count me in too.In my opinion her character managed to add some spice making anime more enjoyable being mistake to replace her.

I wonder if she will ever meet Iris and how they would interact in that case.

Agreed with everyone here.Misty is someone like a good role model to every poke-trainers and young gym leaders.She is someone like no other,and that making her unique..(her personality and atittudes)..

how they would interact in that case.

Misty maybe has matured.Even if she'll be ten!? or her age doesn't change..(Age doesn't matter anyway,I know she'll be a great companion)If ever they will met,I think MIsty will get along well with Iris,they be more friends and Iris will be interested to know more about Misty.What I can see is that they can be more like sisters,Misty teaching Iris what's likely more to be a gym leader.
Jealousy?NOt so much.

Haven't been here for a while. I've been watching BW series. It doesn't seem that bad at all. Iris is quite tolerable. And I do love the new Pokemon.

Still I miss Misty so much. They didn't even show her at the end of the DP series. :banghead:

I agree with those who finded pokemon series being better with Misty around.Her character played off very well with Ash and others bringing interesting dynamic to group with her great personality.
Misty brought alot of comedy and great interactions with group with her spunky yet caring character who had attitude.

I agree :cheers:

The series was a lot of fun with Misty around. I really love the the impact and chemistry of the trio with her around. She also had a lot of humorous quirks and great dramatic scenes. She has the style, the attitude and the strength. I believe that Misty is emotionally and mentally the strongest out of all the main girls.

Her pokemon were great too,from mysteryous ones like starfish pokemon to good old sources of comedy like Psyduck was(Poliwag line was great too) with her character having alot of potential to be developed much more from her pokemon which could be trained to become better,to her background which have lot of unanswered things(her parents are one of never answered mysteryes),and i dont even have to mention how her goal of becoming water master is left unexplored for most part.

I've definitely missed her Pokemon. Though they were all Water-types, they were pretty interesting. Staryu and Starmie are both rare gems, powerful, and Starmie's psychic too. And there's Gyarados the Powerhouse! It took a lot of guts and effort to tame that wild beast. Misty is just awesome when she did that. Who could forget Psyduck? I love the funny, cute little duck. :kawaii:

Its going to take ALOT for me to give BW another try after the episode 1 disappointment. Still very solidly focused on original series here and trying to complete my collection of it on DVD but sadly since Viz is not willing to cooperate I have to look over seas (THANK YOU MAGNA PACIFIC!) just got the Master Quest region 4 PAL box set and an all region DVD player so just whittling away with time.

As for the topic at hand, the personality characteristics I find most appealing have to be intelligence many times being the voice of reason along with being passionate about what she likes. The second of the two I can certainly relate to in more than one way it seems.

^oh..nice drawing Prinlee..

I think we need a topic here..

Do you want Misty to change her atittudes towards her friends or keep it the way it is?

Still I miss Misty so much. They didn't even show her at the end of the DP series. :banghead:

Sadly thats reality.Writers nowdays care only about new characters treating one of best girls(in my opinion the best)this show ever had like garbage.Shame because she has alot unlocked potential and som update would be nice to see whats been happening with her.
She deseves return as main but appearance with same calliber May received for an arc of 4 to 5 episodes would be satifying too.

The series was a lot of fun with Misty around. I really love the the impact and chemistry of the trio with her around. She also had a lot of humorous quirks and great dramatic scenes. She has the style, the attitude and the strength. I believe that Misty is emotionally and mentally the strongest out of all the main girls.

True and what this show lacks nowdays is Mistys girly yet tomboyish attitude being interesting to see how would interacting look like between her and new characters aswell older ones like Ash now that they both are more "grown up" having strong established friendship.

I've definitely missed her Pokemon. Though they were all Water-types, they were pretty interesting. Staryu and Starmie are both rare gems, powerful, and Starmie's psychic too. And there's Gyarados the Powerhouse! It took a lot of guts and effort to tame that wild beast. Misty is just awesome when she did that. Who could forget Psyduck? I love the funny, cute little duck. :kawaii:

Who doesnt?One of unique and admiring things about her is that she stood out from any other character in having mostly one type which happens to be very diverse having wide movepool striving to become best with them.

Who knows what new water type she might have obtained in meantime,and one of older ones is bound to evolve by now.My guess would be Horsea.

Do you want Misty to change her atittudes towards her friends or keep it the way it is?

Im satisfied with way she communicated with her friends during cameos loving to tease them but also being more calm and collected as character when they find themselves in danger.She also seemed quite playful in her last appearance.

However some small arguing to revive good old days between her and Ash would be nice thing to see.Misty may have matured,but she still has that spunk in her tending to explode if you provoke her enough.

Last edited:

Agreed.If compare to the first three..we can see Misty's atittude and how huge her impact to the viewers,even all the sudden,new female lead is being replace after her,she is still love and very well known...

not to mention, she made up for ashs lack of wit agains garys taunts. like during the blain episode. shame dawn didnt get to meet her.

first post here yay

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom