• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Misty's Togepi

ehh123

Reaction score
Did Misty ever actually capture Togepi? She was always holding the thing. Yeah, Ash's Pikachu is never in his Pokeball but it is established to exist. If I didn't know any better, I would say that Togepi is a wild Pokemon that stays with Misty due to the whole imprinting thing. Is there any evidence that contradicts this silly theory of mine?

Did Misty ever actually capture Togepi? She was always holding the thing. Yeah, Ash's Pikachu is never in his Pokeball but it is established to exist. If I didn't know any better, I would say that Togepi is a wild Pokemon that stays with Misty due to the whole imprinting thing. Is there any evidence that contradicts this silly theory of mine?
It was never officially captured with a pokeball, hence how every time there was danger, she would put it into her bag rather that recall it to a pokeball. It was hers but she never captured it.

That's something I never really thought about, let alone even noticed much until now, but it does make sense why she always stuffed it right into her backpack every time.

Congrats @ehh123, you just blew everyone's minds :ROFLMAO:

I honestly don't think your theory is silly. I have to admit that I never thought about either, but her not actually having caught it makes a lot of sense. There was no poke ball shown when she released Togepi, either.

I feel like one of the few who always knew this now aha! Either way, even if Misty did catch it, it evolved into Togetic and was subsequently released in the Mirage Kingdom two-parter, so it's probably fair game for anyone else to catch if they happen upon it?

Please note: The thread is from 4 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom