• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

MLB postseason 2012

...And now they take Game 2, with Jeter out for the rest of the postseason.

Tigers are winning the pennant. Calling it now.

Jeter hasn't really been doing that much in the postseason so far though, iirc. I mean, I'm very confident about the Tigers' chances, we have one of the best teams we've had in years, but I don't think the absence of Jeter will make or break the Yankees.

But I do have to say, it's been fun to gloat to a couple of pompous Yankees fans I know on Facebook who, despite the Tigers having one of the best pitchers in the game right now and the first Triple Crown hitter since the 1960s, thought they would win the ALCS handily. Hahahahahaha no.

Last edited:
So my Giants have won Game 2 of the NLCS making it a 1-1 series. Next game is on Wednesday in St. Louis.

So my Giants have won Game 2 of the NLCS making it a 1-1 series. Next game is on Wednesday in St. Louis.

Good job there. I'm disappointed the Cards lost. Though I think we will get back in Game 3. Home-field advantage.

Though we'll see.

OMG TIGERS!!!!!!!!!!! ONE GAME AWAY FROM THE PENNANT AND A VISIT TO THE WORLD SERIES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

[video=youtube;8fMqnFQRiUs]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8fMqnFQRiUs[/video]

(^the theme song from when we won the World Series in 1968)

Last edited:
Game 3 today Cardinals vs Giants at 3pm

Cardinals must comeback today I just hope we do.Lets go Cads!!

aw god, we're hopeless my fellow Yankees fans, we are HOPELESS. I wish A-Rod get out of his slump and hit some HRs, baby :(

TIGERS ARE INTO THE WORLD SERIES!!!!!!!!
YES!!!!!!!
YES!!!!!!!

TOTAL SWEEP! TOTAL SWEEP!

I was literally jumping up and down outside the bar today when this happened!
So so so so happy!!!!!!!!!!
(and of course, everyone was happy for me, since this is Boston)

DETgamerFB.jpg

So now we just wait for the NLCS to finish to see who we play in the World Series. I'm hoping for the Giants.

aw god, we're hopeless my fellow Yankees fans, we are HOPELESS. I wish A-Rod get out of his slump and hit some HRs, baby :(

You guys still made it to the AL championship series this year, I wouldn't call that "hopeless."

Last edited:
Well congrats to the Tigers on advancing to the World Series. I'm hoping Cardinals can do the same. Game 4 of the NLCS is happening now and so far we're winning.

Man dem Tigers. That was just painful to watch. They use the Yankees as a piece of tissue and wiped the earth's ass with them. Congrats to them. At the current rate, it might be a rematch of the 06 World Series

Cardinals just won Game 4. Just one more win and they go on to the World Series!! COME CARDS!! LETS WIN GAME 5!

My Giants have beaten the Cards again 5-0 today thanks to the great pitching of Barry Zito. The series will continue in SF on Sunday. SF better repeat their NLDS performance and go on to the World Series against the Tigers.

^Yeah I was hoping the Cards could sweep the Giants tonight ,ending the series, and not have to go back to San Francisco. Though I give credit to Zito for his good pitching performance. I'm now hoping we can get back up on our feet and win Game 6. I think it would be interesting to see a repeat of 2006's World Series.

Edit: GRRR Cardinals lost game 6!!! WE"RE ONE GAME AWAY FROM WINING!! I think we still got this.

Last edited:
GAME 7 TODAY!!! Hopefully the Giants could win tomorrow to complete yet another postseason comeback, Today, #RallyCain. (Game 6 was #RallyVogey and Game 5 was #RallyZito)

Game 7 tonight. I'm just hoping the Cardinals can have a repeat of Game 5 of the NLDS where they completely make a comeback.

Cardinals went down hard. Congrats to the Giants. They clearly wanted it more and earned the win. No excuses to be made. St Louis Cardinals had a great year. Next year you guys.

Now the world series is set. Tigers vs Giants. Hope the Tigers took notes...you are not knocking the Giants down so easily.

Whatta great night for a Giants fan like me, the World Series. Better beat the Tigers and make this 2010 all over again...

Whatta great night for a Giants fan like me, the World Series. Better beat the Tigers and make this 2010 all over again...

It's not going to be that easy! Did you see what we did to the Yankees?

Anyway, congrats on winning the NLCS (does the National League also call it "the pennant" or is that just an AL thing?) and making it to the World Series! I was hoping it would be Tigers vs. Giants (because I still have a grudge against the Cardinals for 2006).

Please note: The thread is from 11 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom