• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

MLB postseason 2012

Man watching the game last night was painful for me. Cardinals basically had their butts handed to them three nights in a row by the Giants.

Congrats to the Giants anyways for winning the NLCS and moving on to the World Series. While I hoping the Cardinals would do it, we still had a great season. Mike Matheny did an impressive job as a first time manager to get us that far.

(does the National League also call it "the pennant" or is that just an AL thing?) and making it to the World Series! I was hoping it would be Tigers vs. Giants.

Yes I think so.

And I'm gonna quote what my dad said last night: "I want the Tigers to win. They deserve it. " I agree with that. It's not gonna be easy for the Giants to win.

Either way, both teams are gonna be hard to defeat though. This is a good matchup and though I'm not gonna put as much attention to it as I would if the Cards were in it, I might watch it a bit.

@Kouzan; Just so you know, my grudge against your team is nothing personal. There are lots of awesome people who are Cards fans! But that's just how sports is, you know?

Anyway, World Series starts tomorrow! Woot woot!

(And I'm still amused that the championship for a league that involves a bunch of U.S. cities plus one Canadian city is somehow a "World Series," btw. It's not like MLB is the only pro baseball league in the world these days, if they're going to have that label they should at least involve some of the other ones!)

Last edited:
@Kouzan; Just so you know, my grudge against your team is nothing personal. There are lots of awesome people who are Cards fans! But that's just how sports is, you know?

Anyway, World Series starts tomorrow! Woot woot!

(And I'm still amused that the championship for a league that involves a bunch of U.S. cities plus one Canadian city is somehow a "World Series," btw. It's not like MLB is the only pro baseball league in the world these days, if they're going to have that label they should at least involve some of the other ones!)

Yeah I understand, that's how sports are. That and I have to agree about how Cardinals fans are very nice people and know how to show sportsmanship. Alot of my friend congratulated the Giants and thank the Cards for giving us a good season.

Tomorrow and the whole series is gonna be exciting to watch.

I was hoping it would be Tigers vs. Giants (because I still have a grudge against the Cardinals for 2006).
Makes two of us on both counts, really. (I apologize in advance but I'm still sore over last year. Brewer fan, remember?)

As for the Series: I'm really hoping that the Tigers take it. Why? I have a soft spot in my heart for Prince Fielder and want him to finally get his ring. Yes, I know he's a Tiger now but I was able to see him hit long balls in Miller Park last year. He was one of my Crew before he went to Detroit. I also have a mad amount of respect for him. Prince really deserves a WS ring IMO.

In any case, I can't wait for the Series to start!

Giants take Game 1 of the World Series with a final 8-3 score. Just proof that even Verlander can't stop us...

The Giants win Game 2 in a game with relatively less offense than yesterday (score was only 2-0). Game 3 is in Detroit on Saturday.

I think the Tigers are going to turn things around in Games 3 and 4. Teams generally do better on their home turf (partly because of home-team advantage in how the innings work, partly because they just know the turf better - especially in the World Series, since AL and NL teams don't spend a lot of time in each other's parks) and I think the Tigers are mainly rusty because the end of the ALCS was longer ago than the NLCS, since the Tigers completely swept the Yankees but the Giants and Cards went to the full seven games. So I'm hoping things get better. I know the Giants are a good team, too, but I feel like the Tigers of the past couple days didn't look like the team we've seen this year at all. They should be more evenly matched, but Game 1 was a slaughter.

Anyway, because us Tigers fans need soem hope, here's some retro baseball awesomeness - from the Detroit Free Press Facebook page, a sign on the old J.L. Hudson Building in downtown Detroit during the 1968 World Series (which we won!):

retrotigers.jpg

Last edited:
@Goodbye Blue Monday; I agree with that. The Cardinals did their best NLCS performance when in St.Louis and vice versa. The Giants swept us when they were home. Tigers are still recovering from the long break between Game 4 of the ALCS and Game 7 of the NLCS. So here's to me hoping they do good at home tonight.
Game 3 today in Detroit. Come on Tigers.

They are not doing so hot. Giants are up 2-0 and Cabrera just blew a really great chance to tie the game/take the lead.

Geez, Tigers. Nice catches just now, but it's like they're forgetting there are two sides to baseball. They can't just prevent the Giants from increasing their lead, they also have to score themselves. Better hitting in the bottom of the inning please?

Giants win Game 3 in Detroit to make the series 3-0. One more to go...

EDIT 10/28:
Giants are the 2012 World Series Champions!!! Bringing the trophy back to the bay...

Last edited:
One of the most boring World Series although the game tonight was actually good. Giants completely owned the Tigers from the start. Congrats to them

Tonight's game was pretty good. It could of went either way.

But congrats to the Giants in winning the World Series and becoming champions!

Please note: The thread is from 11 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom